Poll: Which class do you think will get the biggest pvp upgrade in MoP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter (getting perma stealth, no dead zone, and a knockback) Warlock (obvious) Mage (obvious, theyve always been OP) - these are going from good to better.

Monk is going from non-existant to existant, with new mechanics no other classes have, so them. Warrior. Non-Feral Druids. Going from mediocre to good.

Retribution pallies(mobility nerfed, with no real compensation), feral druids (bear form/cat form seperation... YES!) are getting nerfed.

Shaman, Death Knight, Rogue, and Priest seem to kinda stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Hunter (getting perma stealth, no dead zone, and a knockback) Warlock (obvious) Mage (obvious, theyve always been OP) - these are going from good to better.

Monk is going from non-existant to existant, with new mechanics no other classes have, so them. Warrior. Non-Feral Druids. Going from mediocre to good.

Retribution pallies(mobility nerfed, with no real compensation), feral druids (bear form/cat form seperation... YES!) are getting nerfed.

Shaman, Death Knight, Rogue, and Priest seem to kinda stay the same.
    If mages have always been op, then they wont be getting much of an upgrade will they?

Voted for pally, specifically Ret. Spec gets even more team support abilities, snare and predictable HP generation. My pick for sure.

Ret was already good on live. With the MoP changes it's looking to be ridiculously OP. Being able to catch frost mages is going to be easy as hell with a 50% uptime on a 45% speed increase. Spammable CC as well as undispellable wings. There go all of ret's kiting problems. The people who keep begging for a ret gap closer need to seriously shut it. You have the best possible tools right now to counter gap openers between your snare/root immunities/removal and speed boosts.

Neither ret nor feral should have a slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Ret was already good on live. With the MoP changes it's looking to be ridiculously OP. Being able to catch frost mages is going to be easy as hell with a 50% uptime on a 45% speed increase. Spammable CC as well as undispellable wings. There go all of ret's kiting problems. The people who keep begging for a ret gap closer need to seriously shut it. You have the best possible tools right now to counter gap openers between your snare/root immunities/removal and speed boosts.

Neither ret nor feral should have a slow.
    range slow is much different then melee slow. ferals having a slow attch'd to mangle is in no way op dood. i know in MoP there'll be the introduction of a ranged slow 'optional' feral talent but no feral is going to take faerie swarm over a ranged interrupt with a 20 sec CD >.<.

anyways on topic.. ret is ridic on beta... they're good on live but i agree that atm they're a huge step up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters and locks

getting stealth, losing the dead zone (hunters) and some strong defensive CDS (locks) will put / keep them at the top

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Hunter, there already so OP in cata i wouldnt be surprised to see them be pushed even further...

pvp boost has to go to hunters, taking away their only real weakness and giving them now slows on almost all talents choices will make them even bigger monsters.

Gotta love what's happening to my pally but, Warlocks take this cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter. No more minimum range!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Honestly I dont see how losing the minimum range is the "biggest" pvp upgrade. Sure it helps 1000% against melee but I thought hunters were already decent against melee due to kiting power, traps, DE, etc. As I am a shadow priest main, I really dont have a tough time against hunters. Not that they lack utility, just I think PW shield + dispersion + DOTs with self healing > Deterrence + traps + FD.

And im sure not everyone has this view, but I think nothing knew justifies an upgrade against ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollfree View Post
    Honestly I dont see how losing the minimum range is the "biggest" pvp upgrade. Sure it helps 1000% against melee but I thought hunters were already decent against melee due to kiting power, traps, DE, etc. As I am a shadow priest main, I really dont have a tough time against hunters. Not that they lack utility, just I think PW shield + dispersion + DOTs with self healing > Deterrence + traps + FD.

And im sure not everyone has this view, but I think nothing knew justifies an upgrade against ranged.
    Hunters are already strong, I don't think they're getting TOO much stronger with what we see so far. If anything, removal of deadzone will mean they can actually be properly nerfed now.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I think (and hope) resto druids will get the biggest pvp upgrade, at least make them again viable
    ~May the goat be with you~

Prolly Hunter, not like its terribly hard to do better than their current design.

1) Warlock
    2) Druid
    3) Shaman
    4) Mage
    5) Death Knight
    6) Priest
    7) Rogue
    8) Paladin
    9) Hunter
    10) Warrior

But if you are looking for a lock on which class to main for the expansion and stay, at the very least, competitive (if not blatantly overpowered) go ahead and make room for a Monk. Gotta get that class representation, yo! (Blizzards excuse for the absurdity of Death Knights at WotLK release)

The removal of the deadzone is going to be the death of hunter damage. Deadzone removal also does nothing for LoS as they are extremely susceptible to snares, and any decent person can apply a snare and hump a pillar.
    Last edited by Flappy; 2012-05-13 at 07:57 AM.

Mages are going to be overpowered again, it's inevitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids, all can root shift so uber mobility. Getting some good control w/ roots, cyclone, and stuns. Plus reliable offensive and def cd's, and some self heals.

Mages. Blizz's favorite class, will always be OP.

Priest. Blizz's fav healers, will prob be OP.

Monks. New class, will most likely start out amazing. Leg sweep for a 5sec aoe stun/knockdown on 25sec cd alone is super OP.