Class story timeline?

I was just curious about if Bioware ever listed the different class stories in chronological order. I know the stories aren't too far apart, but obviously they all don't take place the same week. Certain battles may or may not have been fought, key characters may be dead or promoted, and sometimes the companions of different classes will interact, which kind of gives you a look at the bigger picture which all 8 classes are a part of.

I'm not looking to make a spoiler heavy thread, just wondering if there's a list somewhere of the story order and if not whether it might be possible to make one.

As far as I've seen, the class stories are each basically considered to be happening at the same time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    As far as I've seen, the class stories are each basically considered to be happening at the same time
    Gotta agree with that considering the other quests on planets, that tell a separate story,are made to be enjoyed by all classes at the same level range, meaning that more or less each class story is synched in time.

They all happen at roughly the same time, or else group content with multiple Classes would shatter the story
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    That's not quite right,

the character stories are interwoven and connected at some points in time and even reference each other. I'm not sure you can say XYZ story was before ABCs but there's certainly a chronological order of events.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the ending of Lost pretty much answers the important question regarding events...

(Spoiler)
    Everything that happened, happened.

I can only speak for planet quests.

For example, Imperial Balmorra occured before Republic Balmorra AND Imperial Taris occurred after Republic Taris. In both cases the events in the opposing faction story line are mentioned like its canon.

I also observed that from playing Republic Quesh, I get the option to kill/capture one of the NPC's who gave me quests while playing on the Imperial side.

There are several instances where you can see that a certain class was there before you, provided you know what that character's influence on he events were. For instance, Darth Thanaton is alive and seated on the council during the SW's final encounter, and obviously the SI comes in afterwards for his own fight. The SI's view of the dark council chamber also suggests that all republic Correlia storylines happen afterwards considering that all of the dark council members killed during the republic Correlia story are present at that time. In most instances it appears that republic events generally happen after empire events to "undo" their work; in particular I remember cleansing the sand peoples' water supplies on Tatooine of toxins deployed in an empire quest and capturing the moff empire questgiver on Quesh. I find that this interwoven story adds a lot of depth to the game for me, and as I fill out my character screen with each class, I fill in some of the puzzle pieces to the overarching swtor story.

I remember Qyzen mentioning Braden as if he's still alive. That's the same guy that dies at the beginning of BH's story, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    I remember Qyzen mentioning Braden as if he's still alive. That's the same guy that dies at the beginning of BH's story, isn't it?
    Yes, he dies. It's pretty clear that a lot of quests get moved around like this depending on the side

I just finished the Sith Warrior class, and I made sure to see whether or not Darth Thanaton is on the Dark council when I entered those chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by Khral View Post
    I just finished the Sith Warrior class, and I made sure to see whether or not Darth Thanaton is on the Dark council when I entered those chambers.
    That is indeed Thanaton, or at least someone with an identical model which would make no sense.

You can basically assume that between certain chapters, or mid-chapter events, time flies at a different pace for people.

i regret reading this (curiosity overpowered my desire not to read spoilers)

Deleted
    Aren't they all at the same time because at the end of act 2 they break the Treaty of Coruscant and the war starts? It is referenced in the agent story and at least 1 of the other class stories in act 3 that they are actively at war.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    Aren't they all at the same time because at the end of act 2 they break the Treaty of Coruscant and the war starts? It is referenced in the agent story and at least 1 of the other class stories in act 3 that they are actively at war.
    I don't recall a real war starting when I played through the IA class story. I just completed Act 2 for the Jedi Knight and no war either.

By the way, does that treaty really mean anything?

I figure there would have been war by now considering...

Imperials in the Jedi Temple ruins in Coruscant
    Republic taking back Balmorra
    Jedi attempting to kidnap/assassinate the Emperor

I really don't see formal hostilities breaking out because it's called "The Cold War".

Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    Like how would he know Braden was killed? He mentioned that he fought with him a few times that was it. Wasnt like he was his best man when he got married or something.

In the Smuggler story, at the end of Chapter 2...

The Voidwolf outright says "The Empire just officially declared war on the Empire..."

In regards to when the War started/didn't start.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    In the Smuggler story, at the end of Chapter 2...

The Voidwolf outright says "The Empire just officially declared war on the Empire..."

In regards to when the War started/didn't start.
    I think you mean the [B]Republic[/B]

My Consular was one of my first characters, but I never paid attention to Zenith. Lately I've been raiding his affection since I'm using him for missions and he started talking about his mentor on Balmorra. It was funny hearing him talk about how his mentor was betrayed as the empire managed to infiltrate his cell...

Meanwhile my Imperial Agent infiltrated the cell not that long ago.

Was a nice touch for an Altoholic like myself to tie them.