Level 20 (Trial Account) PvP

I got really bored with WoW, and unsubscribed a few months ago, but recently I made one of those new trial accounts that lets you play as long as you want, but you can't level past 20. Apparently there's actually a somewhat active level 20 twink "free to play" Community

It only takes a few hours to level to 20, and get most of the "twink" gear (except the obtainable BoA gear, which will take a while to grind for), so if you don't play WoW anymore, but you feel like messing around in WSG every once in a while, I'd actually recommend this; but I highly advise you do it with a Hunter, as they're quite imbalanced and you'll mostly just get killed by them, with a different Class

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...karey/advanced
    (Note: I never actually played on Moon Guard, I just made my trial there to watch the Goldshire action)
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Or you could play a free to play game such as guild wars or lol and do Player versus Player content with much more balance than level twenty WSG.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deyadissa View Post
    or you could play a free to play game such as guild wars or lol and do player versus player content with much more balance than level twenty wsg.
    lol who plays a twink because they like balance
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    I never compared it, so I might be completely wrong, but doesn't the lack of heirlooms put you in a disadvantage?

Haven't played wow for a while, but aren't twinks put in their own "bracket"?
    Or is that only if you have a paid account and actively stop your xp gain?

Alternatively, maybe I'm wrong.

How did you get herods shoulders if you are a twink? Did you farm 7k honor or something and and convert it into JP?

Didnt you guys read the OP at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    except the obtainable BoA gear, which will take a while to grind for
    OT: Interesting idea, might do this at some point, but annual pass kind of makes useless for me now
    Are you in the same bracket as all 20-24 players who have locked XP?
    Or is the trial XP stop somehow different, so that you are in the same bracket as non XP locked 20-24 characters?
    Last edited by Musta Kyy; 2012-05-02 at 09:41 AM.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post

I got really bored with WoW, and unsubscribed a few months ago, but recently I made one of those new trial accounts that lets you play as long as you want, but you can't level past 20. Apparently there's actually a somewhat active level 20 twink "free to play" Community

It only takes a few hours to level to 20, and get most of the "twink" gear (except the obtainable BoA gear, which will take a while to grind for), so if you don't play WoW anymore, but you feel like messing around in WSG every once in a while, I'd actually recommend this; but I highly advise you do it with a Hunter, as they're quite imbalanced and you'll mostly just get killed by them, with a different Class

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...karey/advanced
    (Note: I never actually played on Moon Guard, I just made my trial there to watch the Goldshire action)
    problem is
    it's
    10-14
    15-19
    20-24
    25-29
    etc etc etc etc
    so..yeh it dosent work..that well.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there's actually a somewhat active level 20 twink "free to play" Community

Where is this free to play community you speak of,,? They congregate on any particular realm? Site?

Google didn't yield very much.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by MacHaggis View Post
    I never compared it, so I might be completely wrong, but doesn't the lack of heirlooms put you in a disadvantage?
    Yes, but it's not as drastic as you may think. You'll only be short a few stats, and you can still farm Honor (and convert to Justice Points) for Shoulders, Chest, Weapons, and Trinkets
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    problem is
    it's
    10-14
    15-19
    20-24
    25-29
    etc etc etc etc
    so..yeh it dosent work..that well.
    No since the level 24 twinks will most likely hit 25 before they get the chance to meet you. And here's why, the level 24 twink have only got two options, close exp but stay forever alone or play normal but ding eventually. Now compared to a level 20 twink where you already hit a cap but not a max level it's all fine as you can pimp is how you like without actually doing anything that locks you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    No since the level 24 twinks will most likely hit 25 before they get the chance to meet you. And here's why, the level 24 twink have only got two options, close exp but stay forever alone or play normal but ding eventually. Now compared to a level 20 twink where you already hit a cap but not a max level it's all fine as you can pimp is how you like without actually doing anything that locks you out.
    24s are more fun than 85s since i get to farm 12 year old trial kids

what is the disadvantage of locking in your level? Are there good levels to do this at or is that more class specific?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I actually did this when I was not subscribed to WoW. The lack of heirlooms are always a problem on all my characters I make but besides that it was quite fun. Unfortunately you cannot stop your experiance from the experience stopping guys in the capital cities on trial accounts. ( Orgrimmar and Stormwind respectively. ) You can grind battlegrounds for honor and gear up fully in heirlooms but that would take 10,000 plus honor alotogether to grind at level 20 ( Good luck with that haha! ) and you can also do dungeons forever and get some blue gear which is good. The only way you can have fun in these low-level battlegrounds is if you are geared appropriately in blues and heirlooms unfortunately. I think that hierlooms should be not equipable in battlegrounds so people who are begginers or people who don't want to waste their main's Honor and Justice Points can actually participate instead of getting one-shot.

Just my two copper. Cheers!