Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    From war hero gear.
    If someone already has the war hero gear, why the heck would that person need empty shell war hero gear if it doesn't have an augment slot?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    If someone already has the war hero gear, why the heck would that person need empty shell war hero gear if it doesn't have an augment slot?
    A lot of people grab the empty shell for looks. Just because you have the valor doesn't necessarily mean you have the gear. Most people I know are still full battlemaster with 80+ valor rank. They instead went and bought some of the war hero shells for the looks and put their battlemaster mods in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    A lot of people grab the empty shell for looks. Just because you have the valor doesn't necessarily mean you have the gear. Most people I know are still full battlemaster with 80+ valor rank. They instead went and bought some of the war hero shells for the looks and put their battlemaster mods in them.

You're missing the point. My question was where to get War Hero-level mods to put in empty shell orange war hero gear. The response was "War Hero Gear" so I asked why you would even need or want the war hero empty shell gear in the first place if you already had the "real" war hero gear to pull the mods out of.

You're missing the point. My question was where to get War Hero-level mods to put in empty shell orange war hero gear. The response was "War Hero Gear" so I asked why you would even need or want the war hero empty shell gear in the first place if you already had the "real" war hero gear to pull the mods out of.
    You don't. You only do this on the Orange pieces with the augment slot. If it doesn't have the augment slot, people probably just take it for looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get them for looks if you do not have war hero gear. You put your battlemaster mods in them, etc, and bam... you have it for looks. Its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You get them for looks if you do not have war hero gear. You put your battlemaster mods in them, etc, and bam... you have it for looks. Its that simple.
    Ah, I see... although that would seem silly since BM mod set bonuses do not port over to the orange shell WH gear (since that gear was pre-1.2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I see... although that would seem silly since BM mod set bonuses do not port over to the orange shell WH gear (since that gear was pre-1.2).
    Yeah the concept is just for looks but if you wish to keep your set bonuses you're merely SoL.