Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Like most music I don't understand the appeal for the popular stuff. Like most genres there is good and bad, and imo the bad stuff is usually the most popular lol.

Also to those who say it all sounds the same give this a listen

I dont think you can even put a strict genre on a track like the one above

Just ignore how annoying his video editing is and listen to what he says, it's pretty accurate.

Skip to 1:37, the link doesn't work on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    lol I'm not going to lie...I found that pretty hilarious and an accurately representation.

Also to the video above about skrillex - who in there right mind would classify him as progressive house?

Quote Originally Posted by Singen View Post
    I found that pretty hilarious and an accurately representation.
    Yep, that's pretty funny and pretty acurate representation of what I call shitstep.
    Too bad so many people confuse it with dubstep though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    You may like blue squares but it's not art, it's just a blue square. You may like noise but it isn't music. I don't care what internet definitions say, but if you like the sound of hoovers, doesn't mean it is music.
    Okay, so find me a color that can't be combined with other colors to create art. Not to mention the whole fact that art is highly subjective and one could easily find a blue square to be art.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-05-05 at 08:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    You may like blue squares but it's not art, it's just a blue square. You may like noise but it isn't music. I don't care what internet definitions say, but if you like the sound of hoovers, doesn't mean it is music.
    Actually, there are pieces of art like this - that are a solid colour, and nothing else.

Just because you don't acknowledge its existence as music doesn't make it so. Music, like all art, doesn't require universal acceptance; all it takes is an audience of one. You aren't in a position to dictate what is and is not art to anyone but yourself. Keep that in mind the next time you hand down pronouncements of musical authenticity.

same reason like techno, which is just a bunch is squeaks and whistles
    or opera, which is some fat person singing way to loud
    or boy bands, which are just 4-5 gay dudes singing about girls they know nothing about
    or heavy metal, which is a bunch of people slamming on instruments and calling it music
    or rap, which is just a dude talking into a mic and pretending to be gangster

its just another type of music. you dont have to get it, the people who like it obviously do.

(major sarcasm in the first part)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub *BOOOM* wubwubwubwubwub

Yeah I don't get it either. I think by the end of the decade actual honest to goodness musical instruments will make a big comeback though.
    Honestly this.

I really don't get it either... just a bunch of annoying noise that stoners listen to.
    My Main is Melithiria (90 Lock)

The Left-Hand Path is the brightest path I have ever walked upon.

It makes me laugh when people argue about music, it must surely be one of the most ignorant things to do, to try and insult someone's opinion of music or insult a certain genre, it's what people do in their early teenage years. Then they grow up and decide they like music of any genre if it sounds good to them and realise how ignorant they were and how much music they were missing out on before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, well this is starting to fall apart. I figured I would let the thread go for a few days so people could have a discussion, but now we're arguing over semantics.

I think it's safe to say that everyone has different tastes in entertainment. There is no right or wrong answer. To the OP, as it was mentioned before, check out Longview's Sticky in this forum for more information about this and other electronic music genres. You can also check out the official dubstep thread for links to plenty of songs (please do not carry this argument over to there).