Poll: Which takes more skill: Rank 1 or World First?

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for world first rank 1.

Deleted
    I'm not sure I understood this thread - How can you even be considering 'difficulty' of rank1 with all the wintrading going around? If it was legitimate, sure, but not this crap going on atm.

i agree with rank 1...u gotta know every class and spec inside out...u gotta have like all keybinds/macros and then memorize them...something i cant do lol. and then u gotta have people in ur team who also have to be good..because ur team is only as good as ur weakest link so yeah.. i could never imagine getting rank 1 nor world first tbh lol =D dont get me wrong , both require insane amount of time,skill and dedication but in pvp u need more knowlage

10+ Year Old Account
    DBM can't raid for you when you're doing world firsts. Sure, you can develop the timers you need and add them yourself, but that's just a tool that is necessary, and will be research time that you have put into the game.

I voted PvE. Just look at the World First H-Rag skill and see the entire raid moving _as one unit_ left and right in unison. 23 players more or less (don't recall if the tanks moved away or not). That is skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    The challenge to being Rank 1 is what class you are. Whatever patch comes out has a side-effect of buffing/nerfing one class or another and with it flavor-of-the-month players. Landing Rank 1 as a Ret, that's a challenge.
    Your joking right..... Ret Rogue Hunter Cough Cough

Well I think that world first requires more team cohesion, effort and time from a wide range of players. I do think however, that rank 1 requires more individual skill because you will never know what is going to happen and your enemy is going to move, try to hurt you no matter what role you fill and do large amounts of damage whenever it wants rather than on a timer of percentage of health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    DBM can't raid for you when you're doing world firsts. Sure, you can develop the timers you need and add them yourself, but that's just a tool that is necessary, and will be research time that you have put into the game.

I voted PvE. Just look at the World First H-Rag skill and see the entire raid moving _as one unit_ left and right in unison. 23 players more or less (don't recall if the tanks moved away or not). That is skill.

I was about to post somthing here and then I read that. Sat back, and thought about it. We are talking about people pressing a key on a keybord somewhere as a sigh of great skill...

I'm going to go reevaluate my life.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    According my calculations there is a 99,97% chance that 25
    gladiator level players could easily compete in a race for world
    first boss kill.

I mean the biggest challenges for PvE has always been finding the
    25 decent and motivated players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I was about to post somthing here and then I read that. Sat back, and thought about it. We are talking about people pressing a key on a keybord somewhere as a sigh of great skill...

I'm going to go reevaluate my life.
    Can writing great books be considered as a sign of great skill? What about a great chess player playing online? That can be done by pressing keys on keyboard. You can compose a symphony by pressing keys too. Do I need to go on?

Rank 1.
    Human's are ever changing and improving, You can verse the same 3's team 10 times and it will be different every time.
    You can also verse an end game boss 10 times but it will stay the same every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Your joking right..... Ret Rogue Hunter Cough Cough
    Doesn't work unless your BG is literally overflowed with RLS. Triple has many counters too. Especially anything with paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncyGnome View Post
    Can writing great books be considered as a sign of great skill? What about a great chess player playing online? That can be done by pressing keys on keyboard. You can compose a symphony by pressing keys too. Do I need to go on?
    i know what you're getting at, but I'm pretty sure writing an awesome novel or composing a symphony is a far cry from moving out of digital fire.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    first boss kill.

I'd pay to see that, they'd get nowhere near.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I'd pay to see that, they'd get nowhere near.
    Only because they lack some experience in the content, they would need some training prior to diving in. But one tier of experience before it should do. All that is missing then is someone capable of coming up with good tactics. Which is really what makes and breaks the world first pve kills.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2012-05-03 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    i know what you're getting at, but I'm pretty sure writing an awesome novel or composing a symphony is a far cry from moving out of digital fire.
    Just pointed out that you can do great stuff with your keyboard too, even though pressing them is not hard. If I could choose to be either world's 5th best composer or the most skilled in moving out of digital fire, it wouldn't be a hard choice to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Only because they lack some experience in the content, they would need some training prior to diving in. But one tier of experience before it should do. All that is missing then is someone capable of coming up with good tactics. Which is really what makes and breaks the world first pve kills.
    And pushing their class to the maximum damage possible, maybe they can pull good dps/hps but can they pull record breaking damage/healing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    And pushing their class to the maximum damage possible, maybe they can pull good dps/hps but can they pull record breaking damage/healing?
    That hardly matters. It's nice for the parses but you don't NEED world top damage to get world first kills.

Obviously you can't go slack 5k dps behind your potential. But by not min/maxing you might lose 500, at worst 1k dps. Which isnt going to cost you that kill.

Also, it is not hard to properly min/max at all. Any good player possesses that ability.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2012-05-03 at 01:32 PM.

I'm a more PvE focused player.

Both take high skill, obviously. But i think World First takes an element of 'time'. Not to mean that they can just play all day and win, but there is a significant about of time investment required to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    first boss kill.

Not possible they would try to cc the boss 2 much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Not possible they would try to cc the boss 2 much
    Haha, oh you just made my day