Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    On RP Server perhaps :P

I don't think the races them selves are evil, except maybe the forsaken. It is the leadership that is to blame for the racism/slavery/other evil stuff. Garrosh (prior to the announcement that he is corrupted and evil in MoP) would be the classic example of a totalitarian dictator. Does this make his race evil no, this makes him at the very least a very bad man. Thrall on the other hand, lead the horde into a more peaceful existence and saved the world form Deathwing. Similar arguments can be made about the alliance.

well what`s good is bad and what`s bad is good .... no real answer to that either part is good as bad .. only what they do matter ...

I actually thought the Alliance was evil because how Thrall was raised.
    Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools

- Napoleon Bonaparte

Deleted
    From WCI - WCII, yes, it was good humans and bad orcs (or very, very grey orcs in 2). Then, from WCIII to WoW:WotLK, it was arguably good/grey orcs and good/grey humans. I would argue that, at present, with Garrosh as Warchief, it's good/grey humans vs. grey/bad orcs (with a minority of good ones) again.

When Thrall comes back, I think we'll be back at that neutral status quo we got so used to and bored of for years, all the steam they've built up for a big fight in Mists will have been blown off by the end of this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really think people really think warcraft is about good humans vs bad orcs?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Personally i'd like to see some more alliance bad guys, currently it looks like they are like "We're the good ones!" and the Horde are the pseudo Good / Bad whatever guys.

I want some Character that says "Screw it! I don't want peace with the Orcs! History has shown us that such peace has never lasted long, there will be no peace until all orcs are dead!"

Please let it by some high ranking guy, that the alliance feels how it is to have a faction divided into warmonger and pacificists

I'm pretty sure some people (this one included) do not read quests, WoW is a mindless click buttons until you go to sleep for me - something to take my mind off by mindless bore killing.

I don't believe humans are great and orcs are terrible, only because on couple of occasions I read some parts of few stories on various websites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Like most stories, the ones defending themselves are the good guys, and the ones who attacked them are the bad guys
    I think this pretty much says it all pretty much. The Horde have always been the aggressors and the Alliance have always been the faction minding their own business until the Horde comes along. In most walks of life and in the vast majority of fantasy stories it's the people defending themselves that are the good guys.

As I've said before the Orcs aren't evil or bad. They're just very narrow minded just do what their leader says hence why we saw such sudden changes in attitude from them. As we're well aware you can get people who crave to be the leader and the most powerful, which is how the Horde first started due to Gul'dan and Blackhand. Now we had Thrall and now have Garrosh. They aren't inherently bad but certainly don't do much to stop evil leaders and almost do the opposite and encourage them due to their tribal culture.

I admit the Humans need to be a bit more racist. I'm not sure if mass slaughter is their style, but there certainly needs to be a feeling of prejudice.

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I want some Character that says "Screw it! I don't want peace with the Orcs! History has shown us that such peace has never lasted long, there will be no peace until all orcs are dead!"

Please let it by some high ranking guy, that the alliance feels how it is to have a faction divided into warmonger and pacificists
    Varian Wrynn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Well, to be fair to the people who believe it, the horde is currently employing racism
    Point me towards this racism you speak of, because I haven't seen it honestly. And don't give me that Garrosh talk, that's bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Point me towards this racism you speak of, because I haven't seen it honestly. And don't give me that Garrosh talk, that's bull.
    Hobgoblins, certain ogres, magnataur, wyverns and kobolds practically function as slave races by this point. I was honestly thinking more of the forsaken and the blood elves than I was of the orcs.
    Last edited by ijffdrie; 2012-05-03 at 12:10 PM.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    At it's core concept, yes.

They can gray the lines all they want, but the bottom line will always be:

Alliance (humans) are the good guys and the Horde (orcs) are the bad guys
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

This reminds of of Command & Conquers ''Who are the REAL bad guys, GDI or Nod?''

People always thought Nod were the obvious bad guys, like the Horde are in WoW. But the truth was, that Nod only sought to help their people to a glorious future, while GDI is stuck with their corrupted goverment and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    Death to the green skins!
    Death to the pale skins!

/irony, coming from a dude playing a blood elf I suppose
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Lomanoft View Post
    I kind of liked the addition at the end of the Goblin scenario. The cinematic shows you fleeing Kezan - Your character is being transported on a SLAVE ship to Kalimdor for Galleywax (who, I still should be hunted down by the prior slaves, in stead of hanging out in a resort type home in Azshara) the goblins come upon a battle between the Alliance and Horde ships.

Crew Member: "Captain, who are they?"
    Captain: "It doesn't matter. Our orders are to capture the Horde target at all costs." "No witnesses."

Let me get this straight. You don't know who it is but you attack? Yeah...ok...good guys...

On the other hand, it also pointed out that Goblins are being sold as slaves in Kalimdor. Could be to the horde but, most likely not.
    bs, you added most of the captain's line
    Last edited by ambigiouslynamed; 2012-05-03 at 12:35 PM.
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, they are kind of making Garrosh's regime out to be pretty antagonistic. Especially when you consider what's to come.

Still. It won't last, and there's enough "good" even now in Garrosh's Horde to keep it grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    To be fair, they are kind of making Garrosh's regime out to be pretty antagonistic. Especially when you consider what's to come.

Still. It won't last, and there's enough "good" even now in Garrosh's Horde to keep it grey.
    where? and no, tauren dont count since they never actually do anything
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Deleted
    Warcraft may have started on a simple Good vs Evil concept. But today, the two primary factions in the Warcraft Universe are both grey, equal.

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    At it's core concept, yes.

They can gray the lines all they want, but the bottom line will always be:

Alliance (humans) are the good guys and the Horde (orcs) are the bad guys
    No. Infact, it is the bottom line that has changed the most.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the Horde as "good" is that the things that make the Horde work only work in fiction, after tons of hand-waving. Cultures based on honor and strength in combat just get you a lot of warning clans, and no justice system. So they not only commit wars of aggression, but they abuse the hell out of their own members. But the audience wants to hear it, so authors keep putting it in fiction, and hand-wave away as much as they can, to make it palatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    where? and no, tauren dont count since they never actually do anything
    Of course they count. They're part of the Horde, no? Sure, it's got its Garroshes and its Sylvanas... es... but it also has its Baines and Vol'jins.

Really, to write off the entire Horde as wholly evil is pretty dim. It's unquestionably the darker faction, but evil? No. Here's a little snippet from Blizzard to help educate on the matter:

"While both sides have done some pretty great and pretty terrible things in the stories past, there's a reason we don't make one the definitively evil or definitely good side (don't point to a few moments on a recent timeline to refute this point -- I'm talking big picture)."

You'd have a leg to stand on if you point solely at the Forsaken, but not when you muddy the water with inherently peaceful and anti-war races like the tauren.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-05-03 at 01:10 PM.