[Advice Thread] New Ret pally

After playing WoW for about 5 years now I have finally decided to re-roll because of how disgustingly weak my main character's class has become.

A Ret Paladin was the class I chose simply because it has the same sort of play style as Arms.

I know of a few macros and addons I could use, but I'm not sure of how to line them out. Most of them are cancelaura macros, etc. but I'm looking for some good focus target macro's and the likes.

I already have a basic understanding of the spec/class but am interested in becoming more knowledgeable as far as playing a Ret paladin goes.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    arms warriors are weak? Not trying to crash your post, but arms warriors are far from it.

bumping thread after no replies for nearly two hours

Please do not post simply to bump your own thread. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-05-03 at 01:14 PM.
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

ill link the ret 4.3 faq it should have all u need to know for ret

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...etribution-FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    arms warriors are weak? Not trying to crash your post, but arms warriors are far from it.

So what you're saying is anybody above 1600 MMR can take an Arms Warrior for RBG's and actually win?

Sorry. I didn't specify in the OP that this is a PvP thread. I know Arms is strong... in PvE.

Arms is shit tier in PvP. Double Ret/Healer is better. Even Double Ret/DK is better than bringing an Arms Warrior.

So I'll pass this season.
    1) wintraded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    So what you're saying is anybody above 1600 MMR can take an Arms Warrior for RBG's and actually win?

Sorry. I didn't specify in the OP that this is a PvP thread. I know Arms is strong... in PvE.

Arms is shit tier in PvP. Double Ret/Healer is better. Even Double Ret/DK is better than bringing an Arms Warrior.

So I'll pass this season.
    Unfortunately there are 2 melee classes in RBG's Rogues because they have Oranges and smoke bombs and DK's because no one else can make you over extend or strangulate a priest when the mage combusts.

Ret my Ret has been 2100 rbg for a long time now and I've dumped all the way down to 1900 in 1600 rated pugs becuase no 2100 group will let a ret in. Just like an Arms Warrior we get blown to bits. If you are wanting in to RBG or Arena as a 2 Handed DPS class you need a DK.

If you want to carry a Flag Prot Warrior can not be topped and if you want to sit on the sidelines and bitch because they won't let you in run Ret or Arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?