Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Rmah first month profit predictions

I would like to know everyone's predictions on the profits some people will make off the Rmah first month. I love playing the auction houses in mmos and in some cases taking control of certain goods. I'm wondering if you can stockpile gold like in wow. I predict someone will make a $1000.00 first month. I'm just guessing for one. I would like to hear everyone's predictions and why to! Thanks!
    Last edited by stiflema; 2012-05-03 at 08:01 AM. Reason: edited for grammatical errors

eleventy billion dollars!

Eh, depends on how much time someone is willing to farm i suppose. I'd be surprised if someone made $1000 though.

I doubt anyone will make much the first month. I dont think anyone would pay more than a buck or 2 for low level gear, and by the time people are farming inferno it will be well past the first month (I hope).

I want to make $400 within the first couple months. I'd like new glasses, but I don't want to take money out of the bank. I really just hate withdrawing money.

Haha what kind of glasses?

I doubt it will be much in the beginning. Then peak at the highest cost it will ever be at until more people hop in and drive prices down to dirt cheap.

This is why blizz made it one dollar so that the items are not being sold for less. Personally I will just make 40 bucks and keep it in my Blizz balance for MoP then never sell shit again.

I dont think many people are going to make much money from this..

In Diablo 2 you could play straight for lets say.... 1 week flat out, and end up with the same bunch of everyday "nice but fairly common" items that everyone else has, you could farm for a night straight and get nothing of value. Only in D3 inferno is going to be a lot harder than D2 hell. Now in order farm inferno you're going to need the best gear, but in order to get the best gear you gotta farm inferno.

I genuinely can't see anyone other than chinese multiboxers farming 24/7 making money, because the chances of you actually finding something decent are tiny. You could play Diablo 2 for years and never legitimately find what you wanted. People who got what they wanted used bots to play their char 24/7 maphack teleporting to and farming specific bosses that could be cleared out within a minute per game. some people also exploited the game to allow duping and others bought from websites, who bot farmed and duped items.

If it wasnt for mass 24/7 bot farming, duping and then the eventual massive rise in droprate for high runes (even after that the droprate was ridiculously low) the ammount of top end items like Enigma, Breath of the Dying, Grief, Call to Arms etc... that would be in the game would be absolutely tiny, because the matts were so rare you couldn't realistically ever make them from rune drops off mobs from everyday play, but the fact that many people were decked out in these items is simply down to that, mass bot farming and mass duping.

So chances of anybody making more than enough money to pay their wow sub legitimately are very low.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think RMAH will be a big fail..
    People want to sell items for 100 Euro, them buyers only want to pay 1 Euro for..

For a FULL set of BiS level 60 gear, I'd probably be willing to pay max 50 Euro..
    But sellers will most likely demand 1000+ Euro..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    People want to sell items for 100 Euro, them buyers only want to pay 1 Euro for..

For a FULL set of BiS level 60 gear, I'd probably be willing to pay max 50 Euro..
    Welcome to the concept of supply and demand.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It will really depend on how long the race for world first Inferno drags on. If it's downed within the week before the RMAH is usable then profits won't be nearly as high, but if it drags on for a month then demand will be very high for the very best items to assist in getting world first Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

lmao this has to be a troll.

"bis" rares in diablo 2 still go for hundreds of dollars(some even in the thousands). 50 euros wouldnt even pay for 1% of a perfect character on diablo 2 and diablo 3 will probably be about the same.

and

I genuinely can't see anyone other than chinese multiboxers farming 24/7 making money
    this

making any decent amount of money playing games like diablo2 and diablo3 is like winning the lottery.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I predict that those who are used to gold auction houses and predict their profit based on that may get a wake up call, the value of their items cannot be set by them in a real money auction house, supply demand and availability of money will affect their price in the real world. This is not to say that people will not pay a lot for pixels but when it is real money they will not pay infinite amounts

Unless people start duping real life money or hacking their banks that is.

In other words: I predict that unlike games like wow the market mechanisms will be somewhat working in a real money auction house, you cannot buy all of an item and double the price because people will be less willing to part with real money

That is my theory, i have no basis for it what so ever but i will stick to it for now

Edit: this may seem to conflict with the poster just above me but it really does not, i am aware people pay a lot. I just dont believe the nonsense tactics of wow will work the way people think they do
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2012-05-03 at 05:43 AM.

Though it should be said you wanted a full set of BIS for 60 euro.

1. There won't really be a BIS, there will be a really great in slot, and there maybe best in slot items, but unlikely to be a BIS set, a lot of items are random stats. Many times items werent best in slot, there may be many items that would be equally as good depending on the situation. If it is like D2 it will be unlikely that you will ever reach a point of ever having a complete "BIS" level gearset, even if you pay big money for it.

2. 60 euro for a whole set? People were still paying that for single items on Diablo stores not so long ago, if the stats were good enough. Though you could often get a cheaper version with more average stats, for example an average Breath Of The Dying berserker axe a few years ago would still be 25 euros. But the chances of you making that weapon on your own work, without buying/trading were less likely than your chances to win the lottery, due to how rare the Zod rune was in terms of drop rate, though it was extremely heavily duped, so easily available through stores/trading.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-05-03 at 05:48 AM.

There won't really be a BIS, there will be a really great in slot, and there maybe best in slot items, but unlikely to be a BIS set, a lot of items are random stats. Many times items werent best in slot, there may be many items that would be equally as good depending on the situation. If it is like D2 it will be unlikely that you will ever reach a point of ever having a "BIS" level gearset, even if you pay big money for it.

"bis" in d2 meant having multiple gear sets for specific matchups

Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    "bis" in d2 meant having multiple gear sets for specific matchups
    I never heard the term "BIS" ever used in D2.

You could have a pair of rare gloves, or a rare circlet that nobody else in the world had, with stats that could outclass the best uniques, depending on the class/spec. Then there was pvp vs pvm, where you would go for different gear for both, and then within that different gear based on the situation... But realistically you could only ever carry 1 set with you, due to your inventory being full of charms..

Charms that were equally situational, and each single charm reprisented another slot to fill with a potentially extremely rare item that you might never find in years of legitimate play, without trading/buying.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-05-03 at 05:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lmao this has to be a troll.

"bis" rares in diablo 2 still go for hundreds of dollars(some even in the thousands). 50 euros wouldnt even pay for 1% of a perfect character on diablo 2 and diablo 3 will probably be about the same.

and

this

making any decent amount of money playing games like diablo2 and diablo3 is like winning the lottery.
    I'm not trolling in any way.. I'm simply stating a fact: Sellers will (most likely) demand MANY TIMES more, than what I (and many others) are willing to pay..

It's the same in WoW, even if you only use gold: You might list <Polearm of Epic Leetness> for 50k gold.. But my principles dictate, that I never pay more than 3k for an item..
    An item in WoW is NEVER worth 50k, but it won't prevent you from listing it on AH for that price anyway..

very little. there will be way more sellers than buyers, especially early on. plus the pay pal/blizzard fees. people have way too high of expectations from this. plus people are just now realizing they need the cell phone/mobile alert plan just to receive any of the money from paypal.

selling items/gold is going to be very oversaturated. lots of undercutting.

besides the fact there won't be PVP at release, buying gear will have less of an appeal when you have less to do with it. other than level through the acts.

I've seen people who think they are going to turn the RMAH into a job. it's seriously rather amusing.

I predict PayPal will make millions *cough*

I think though that eventually an Item will pop up that will be unique enough that everyone will want it, the guys with money will pay up as they did in Diablo 2, in that case it it will be the buyers that will dictate the value inevitably hitting the max at 250. But these items will be rare, and fetch such a price for a reason.

However... I still don't think making good money (especially making a living) via the RMAH is going to be possible, because the reason such items will sell for so much is that they are extremely rare or unique even in a whole continents worth of players. What you will get though is players (chinese gold farmers style) who will multibox and bot an account 24/7 to farm items, making it even harder for the everyday player to make money.

10+ Year Old Account
    this

Yup. Even if I found an item worth $100, I'd probably sell it on the RMAH and just put the money on my Battle.net account so I pretty much have a free year of World of Warcraft (or a free copy of Heart of the Swarm, or...) at will.

Considering I'll probably play Hardcore exclusively, the RMAH doesn't hold much interest for me, anyway
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow