Thread: Barbarian Talks

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Barbarian Talks

I think that each needs their own thread to discuss strategies and review other barbarian builds.

Mine:
    Original:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ZXT!bdV!YYaZab

Updated:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ZXT!bdV!cYaZab

I am aiming at a Two hand barb with focus on surviving. So, two fury builders and throw being used to kite when health is low.

What can you all come up with? Glass cannons are easy try to make it a little more survivable in difficulties past Normal.
    Last edited by Fuger; 2012-05-03 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I'm not sure of and I've been wondering this for a long time. As you can see your runed Cleave does 156% weapon damage, while your Bash only does 150%. Cleave also hits multiple targets. Now I understand that Bash is primarily a single target skill but why is the damage lower than Cleave? The knockback is a double edged sword. It's a good form of survivibility on the one hand, but on the other hand it also knocks the target you want to hit out of your reach. I'm personally just not sold on Bash, and I cannot understand why the damage is so low.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Something I'm not sure of and I've been wondering this for a long time. As you can see your runed Cleave does 156% weapon damage, while your Bash only does 150%. Cleave also hits multiple targets. Now I understand that Bash is primarily a single target skill but why is the damage lower than Cleave? The knockback is a double edged sword. It's a good form of survivibility on the one hand, but on the other hand it also knocks the target you want to hit out of your reach. I'm personally just not sold on Bash, and I cannot understand why the damage is so low.
    Now that you bring this up I will replace bash with Frenzy and the Maniac rune. I just assumed that bash was better for single target.. obviously I was incorrect.

Frenzy with the rune Increases attack speed by 75% and knocks the base damage of the attack to 130% for an obvious large health single target focus gain with amazing sustained damage.
    Last edited by Fuger; 2012-05-03 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    He runed Cleave for damage and Bash for Fury generation

I personally do not like much Frenzy for a two handed approach, but it may work perfectly

10+ Year Old Account
    I see now Bash has some runes which increase its damage. Still I'd go with the Frenzy you were planning, and test Bash as the more interesting damage runes unlock and check how you feel about it when it does some more damage.

I see now Bash has some runes which increase its damage. Still I'd go with the Frenzy you were planning, and test Bash as the more interesting damage runes unlock and check how you feel about it when it does some more damage.
    Well it is obvious that blizzard would like us to only go with one fury generator however I would like to spam weapon throw and leap whenever it gets hairy and this allows me to get in then out on AoE mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Well it is obvious that blizzard would like us to only go with one fury generator however I would like to spam weapon throw and leap whenever it gets hairy and this allows me to get in then out on AoE mobs.
    Leap is an absolutely amazing skill, I think it's pivotal in your build to have the mobility to move in and out quickly to strike where you can get away with it, and jump out when it gets too dangerous.

Leap is an absolutely amazing skill, I think it's pivotal in your build to have the mobility to move in and out quickly to strike where you can get away with it, and jump out when it gets too dangerous.
    It also gives me 3 times more armor so I can jump in or run from archers if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also gives me 3 times more armor so I can jump in or run from archers if needed.
    Yea good thinking cause ranged attackers are never easy to deal with, and it also gives you the ability to close in on them quick.

Yea good thinking cause ranged attackers are never easy to deal with, and it also gives you the ability to close in on them quick.
    This is also why I have earthquake so that I can drop it and leave it with the melee packs as I go after range Magic>Archers>AoE mobs>The rambling group following me

Deleted
    Are the Diablo forums here going to be expanded when D3 is released? With so many millions of people playing it.. at least some subforums per class would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    Are the Diablo forums here going to be expanded when D3 is released? With so many millions of people playing it.. at least some subforums per class would be nice.
    I would be happy with just sticky threads. I do agree with you though.

For a semi-defensive build, I'm quite liking the look of something like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VgP!ZXd!aZZaZY

I'm not a fan of bash at all, much prefer cleave - through the beta it was pretty rare to not be facing a pack. I think this'll do reasonable damage while also debuffing enemies and giving some nice self-healing, but how well it'll work in practice ....?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    For a semi-defensive build, I'm quite liking the look of something like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VgP!ZXd!aZZaZY

I'm not a fan of bash at all, much prefer cleave - through the beta it was pretty rare to not be facing a pack. I think this'll do reasonable damage while also debuffing enemies and giving some nice self-healing, but how well it'll work in practice ....?
    It looks like a build I would see in a class in WoW. It seems like most of the abilities will not get much use and some require a proc. Do you plan on using sword and board, dual wield or two handed? Looks to me like it is a dual wield build and strictly that. I am worried how well you will do on fury generation on single target.

Deleted
    I just posted my barbarian build with an explanation in that other thread over there, so I won't copypaste it here.

Here's the build however: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VkP!XdU!Zbcabc

Level 60 barbarian build for inferno sexy fun time. Check out the other thread for a more in depth explanation if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I just posted my barbarian build with an explanation in that other thread over there, so I won't copypaste it here.

Here's the build however: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VkP!XdU!Zbcabc

Level 60 barbarian build for inferno sexy fun time. Check out the other thread for a more in depth explanation if you're interested.
    I know, I lurk in these waters too.

Deleted
    I know, I lurk in these waters too.
    Yes, well, amazing as it is, you're not the only one reading this thread, and these aren't your waters.

Hard to believe, I know. What's the world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yes, well, amazing as it is, you're not the only one reading this thread, and these aren't your waters.

Hard to believe, I know. What's the world coming to?
    Why have you crushed my hopes? This is my thread though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...SZY!VUg!aZacZc

Maybe a bit of overkill on the life-leach, but on the other hand, is there really such a thing? Probably not exceedingly useful for boss encounters, though. Unless they have a pile o' adds.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...SZY!VUg!aZacZc

Maybe a bit of overkill on the life-leach, but on the other hand, is there really such a thing? Probably not exceedingly useful for boss encounters, though. Unless they have a pile o' adds.
    Swap the cleave rune for the dmg increase and spam hammer and you should be fine single target. I also you can also keep a couple weak ones around to eat when needed too.