10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Having played plenty of MMO's with aiming in them, I can safely say that none of them worked as well as an auto-targeted hot key system does. Now if ESO manages to make it work then all well and good. But in my experience and in my opinion, its not very likely.
    Uhh... /point Tera.

Vindictus and Dragon Nest are even better examples

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Uhh... /point Tera.
    Or vindictus.

I mean, we keep point this stuff out but... Yeah. People just refuse to believe that MMOs that aren't like WoW are MMOs or exist.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    So the pvp is basically just massive world pvp with siege events? Kinda sucks, but I'm ok with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Vindictus and Dragon Nest are even better examples
    Dragon Nest is a great example of this, unfortunately people like to throw on the blinders and pretend games like these don't exists when it's relevant to their argument.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope I can be something similar to the D&D arcane archer. If not, I'll settle with battle mage!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    So the pvp is basically just massive world pvp with siege events? Kinda sucks, but I'm ok with it.
    There are plans for battlegrounds/instanced pvp and dungeons with bosses for the faction that wins control of Cyrodiil (a la Wintergrasp):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqv27znEcZ4
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

My favorite memories of PVP in WoW involved world pvp ie Tarren Mill, Nessingwary's camp in Stranglethorn, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    There are plans for battlegrounds/instanced pvp and dungeons with bosses for the faction that wins control of Cyrodiil (a la Wintergrasp):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqv27znEcZ4
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/
    Thanks. That's good to hear. I don't want the train wreck that is arena, but some battlegrounds are definitely a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Or vindictus.

I mean, we keep point this stuff out but... Yeah. People just refuse to believe that MMOs that aren't like WoW are MMOs or exist.
    I've played all these games.

And all these games have terrible combat systems when it comes to pvp.

I've also responded to you guys pointing these things out but you've been ignoring it. As great and smooth as Vindictus' gameplay is (I've already said that it's probably done the best out of any game out there) the pvp STILL sucks ass because half the time you're grazing past your opponent spamming your attacks hoping one of them clips him on your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm excited for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... All this waiting is such a hype killer!!! And personally I don't mind free aiming as a caster it'll just give it a higher skill cap (potentially) and make it a lot less boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what they'll be doing for stealth. Curious to see if it's just the traditional MMO stealth or maybe something a little different? They need to start releasing more info gursh durnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I wonder what they'll be doing for stealth. Curious to see if it's just the traditional MMO stealth or maybe something a little different? They need to start releasing more info gursh durnit!
    So long as it's not total invisibilty, i think it'll be good. Or, if they do go that route then don't give massive bonuses to being IN stealth and then give hardly any ways to get back into stealth. WoW's rogues really annoy me, because of you just use an opener and that's it. It's a little burst before a long tickle.

I'd love that if you crouch and go into stealth, even in combat against other players if they just don't look at you, they can't see you

I know, the waiting for beta invite is killing me. Thankfully, to pass time, I've started reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I know, the waiting for beta invite is killing me. Thankfully, to pass time, I've started reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.
    Bah dum, tsssss!
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ideas for stealth:

First of all, even non-stealthed enemies should not show names above their heads. I don't know who ever thought that was a good idea, but it's a really shitty mechanic. So out with the red names. Just indicate ally or enemy upon targeting.

Now then, I believe that stealth should apply reduce your character model down to roughly 20% opacity. This way, you'll still be noticeable in broad daylight, but you'll be nearly invisible in the shadows.

Secondly, anyone should be able to stealth, just with certain classes being better at it. Say a Templar only gets 50% opacity instead of 20%. He'll still be concealed in a dark room, but is still going to be visible on a clear night. Also, your footsteps should make noise based on what armor you're wearing. Cloth should make a soft swooshing sound, while mail makes a definitive jingling and plate makes loud, distinctive clanging. Leather, on the other hand, should be almost (but not entirely) silent. Players who play without their sound on would bitch about it, but fuck 'em. If you're going to intentionally handicap yourself, others shouldn't be brought down to your level.
    Finally, stealth shouldn't give attack bonuses. I'm hoping that this game will have small health pools and high damage numbers, so that just having the element of surprise will be all the bonus you need from a stealth attack. I can't stand where games like WoW and Tera are going, where everyone has a billion health but only hits for a hundred on each swing, making pvp an endless battle of attrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    My ideas for stealth:

First of all, even non-stealthed enemies should not show names above their heads. I don't know who ever thought that was a good idea, but it's a really shitty mechanic. So out with the red names. Just indicate ally or enemy upon targeting.

Now then, I believe that stealth should apply reduce your character model down to roughly 20% opacity. This way, you'll still be noticeable in broad daylight, but you'll be nearly invisible in the shadows.

Secondly, anyone should be able to stealth, just with certain classes being better at it. Say a Templar only gets 50% opacity instead of 20%. He'll still be concealed in a dark room, but is still going to be visible on a clear night. Also, your footsteps should make noise based on what armor you're wearing. Cloth should make a soft swooshing sound, while mail makes a definitive jingling and plate makes loud, distinctive clanging. Leather, on the other hand, should be almost (but not entirely) silent. Players who play without their sound on would bitch about it, but fuck 'em. If you're going to intentionally handicap yourself, others shouldn't be brought down to your level.
    Finally, stealth shouldn't give attack bonuses. I'm hoping that this game will have small health pools and high damage numbers, so that just having the element of surprise will be all the bonus you need from a stealth attack. I can't stand where games like WoW and Tera are going, where everyone has a billion health but only hits for a hundred on each swing, making pvp an endless battle of attrition.
    Red names help players identify friend from foe and not having them would be quite confusing for most people, especially in large-scale battles. There could maybe be a tabard the team's wear bearing their faction's symbol, but I personally like seeing my enemy's individual name so I recognize Oprahwindfury is the one who keeps camping me.

Stealth in TESO will most likely work as in WoW, where you will only see players once they come into detection range, with plate-wearers/people not specialized in sneak becoming shadowed forms at a further range. Perhaps the armor sounds could play when the enemy moves around in detection range? Lighting affecting stealth would make for a gimped stealth-class, as most locations in pvp will probably be out in the open.

As for the health pools, I think what makes WoW's pvp frustrating is not so much the large health pools, but the healers. High health numbers makes for longer fights which brings skill more into play, but when healers are involved in addition to over-healing, it makes pvp more about trying to grind down the healers instead of skillfully fighting each other.
    Last edited by Woakerio; 2013-03-06 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Low health pools and high damage makes for terrible PvP in mmorpgs. I agree that stealth itself shouldn't give you a damage bonus, I prefer it to be based on positional attacks and stealth just aiding you in getting in the right position.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can foresee something similar to Halo's cloaking. You'll be pretty hidden, but if people look hard enough they can see how the surroundings sort of ripple as you move.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 04:06 AM ----------

They also said that the Dark Brotherhood will be a faction. Perhaps everyone will be able to sneak around after learning from the them and it'll just be a PVE thing?
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-06 at 04:12 AM.

A pretty good introduction to the Deadric Princes by Shoddy Cast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-chDClmdos

Possibly a few nit picky errors but Elder Scrolls lore is so complex anyway.