It doesn't look that bad. But the person playing it is terrible.

I saw the video, while it doesn't look great I'm not as concerned as a lot of people here seem to be. First of all, those that expected it to be Skyrim level of graphics, get real. Also the person making the video clearly had an agenda. I will wait until I have a chance to play before judging the game.

Doesn't matter if you didn't sign the NDA. The rules for this forum states you can't post links to leaked footage regardless whether you signed it or not.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nts-%28NDAs%29

TL;DR: You are not allowed to post about:

being selected to the beta (unless specifically stated otherwise)
    naming others who have been selected to the beta if previous bullet point applies
    links to leaked beta content
    information about the game not released by the developer first
    veiled comments that could be construed as "beta information"
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-04-14 at 04:48 PM.

Do not link or embed NDA-protected content.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I remember collecting wolf pelts when I first started playing WoW. Hardly the best starter experience. Or maybe your post is sarcasm, I can never tell on the internet.
    Its pretty much the same thing in teso but really how can you do treadmill questing much differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Its pretty much the same thing in teso but really how can you do treadmill questing much differently.
    Really? We go over this every few pages.

Racing quests
    Platforming quests
    Find the hidden thing (not collect X. More like the Cortello's Riddle)
    Explore / scout (GW2 vista)
    Crafting quests
    Puzzles (moving blocks, simon says)
    Riddles (escaping the asylum in baldurs gate 2)
    Defend the point, take the point events
    Dynamic events (rifts, invasions, ect)
    just to name a few
    There's a LOT of ways to avoid "collect x"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Really? We go over this every few pages.

Racing quests
    Platforming quests
    Find the hidden thing (not collect X. More like the Cortello's Riddle)
    Explore / scout (GW2 vista)
    Crafting quests
    Puzzles (moving blocks, simon says)
    Riddles (escaping the asylum in baldurs gate 2)
    Defend the point, take the point events
    Dynamic events (rifts, invasions, ect)
    just to name a few
    There's a LOT of ways to avoid "collect x"
    Never said anything about avoiding it, I know there is other ways besides treadmill, the point was you cant really change the treadmill. Seeing how it is confirmed as the main way to quest, that is why it is being brought up. Sure there may be a couple of other ways to lvl, but even the devs talked about questing and opening up new hubs etc. It doesnt really matter how you change the way you pick up quests, its still the same thing in the end. Hopefully they will add all those different ways for questing but really all we know is get a quest go do it.
    Just one of the more recent reviews and their is plenty more talking about the questing as well.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...scrolls-online

Maybe as you get higher level it opens up more.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2013-04-14 at 06:09 PM.

This NDA is tighter than a homophobe's butthole.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-04-14 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This NDA is tighter than a homophobe's butthole.
    Not really in our hand. They're doing take downs of it and getting a potential court order for MMO-C over something like this is silly.

The leaked gameplay video looked reeeeally bad. I know that the person playing it was bad, but the movement looks really choppy and not very well done. It reminds me a lot of MMOs from around 2006, and it looks dated before it's even launched. I know it's still in beta, but honestly, of all the MMOs I've played so far during beta, the games are mostly finalized in beta outside of technical fixes and bug removal. I won't judge this game until I've played it, but I'm not impressed. I'm not even looking forward to it at all now. Not only that, but it makes me really wary that they are unwilling to show more ESO videos. In other MMOs that were released recently, during beta (even during closed beta) we saw TONS of gameplay demo videos showing off the game. I have hardly seen any actual content from this game, which leads me to believe that they are going to attempt to sell it based on name alone. And we all know how well that worked out for SWTOR.

Zenimax needs to stop being tight asses and just say, "The leaked video was based on a older build" or something like that. Just a simple announcement that won't hurt anyone.

Or I hope it's an older build. It looks like one, because the videos they showed at PAX looked almost nothing like this one.

well the animations and combat was the same but certainly the graphic quality was a lot different from the pax videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    How does judging how bad a game is make sense via watching only good videos? If you want to see how bad it is, watch videos about how it really is, not about how the developers show it off in 'sneak peaks' etc.

Real videos, real experience.
    He made a video of a BETA, and then told people not to buy the game. I personally believe he was playing badly and doing absolutely nothing to make the game look bad. Even if he wasn't, you still don't tell someone not to buy something, and you never give a review on a beta. You can say these are the things i don't like, as long as you are giving feedback, but this guy was just trying to make it look bad.

As the saying goes, beta is beta. Some people confuse "beta testing" with "free trial." What I've seen hasn't looked all that great, but it's still early.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    As the saying goes, beta is beta. Some people confuse "beta testing" with "free trial." What I've seen hasn't looked all that great, but it's still early.
    In beta, most of the actual gaming mechanics are finalized, and by that point, it's mostly fine tuning and bug fixing. I'd have liked to see them spend some more time in alpha before rushing into closed beta. It seems like everything is going too quickly. I suppose that there is still a chance that things could change, but if they're calling it beta, I'm not going to get my hopes up that they'll re-haul things that aren't really looking all that good.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    In beta, most of the actual gaming mechanics are finalized, and by that point, it's mostly fine tuning and bug fixing. I'd have liked to see them spend some more time in alpha before rushing into closed beta. It seems like everything is going too quickly. I suppose that there is still a chance that things could change, but if they're calling it beta, I'm not going to get my hopes up that they'll re-haul things that aren't really looking all that good.
    Again, these complaints are pretty vague.

Graphics - We can tell HD textures aren't in. We can tell antialiasing isn't in. So the graphics issue isn't something we can talk about until we see what it looks like on "ultra" settings.
    Animations - Those can always be adjusted. And from the sound of it, some of them already have. Furthermore, all we saw was the basic attack. We have no idea what any of the spells look like yet.
    UI- We know this is an old build because you can't see your hands and weapons in first person view.

Mechanics? How could we assess the mechanics? He had no abilities and refused to use block properly. We haven't SEEN mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The problem I have with this is that people say it blindly, like it happened many times before, and then barely anything changes.

I'm not saying this is reliable 100% hard proof that TESO will be bad.
    But they really need to work on things....

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of the players skill in that video, it LOOKED awful. I wont comment on the overall game to avoid the "B3tA iz bEta!" replies, but the characters look disgusting. Without getting too dramatic about it, there was nothing about it that made me excited to create a character. I know it's unfinished, but it's beta; they're not going to completely rerig the characters' skeleton in the months before release. That caster looked like he was having a fucking seizure, flailing is staff around like it was stuck to his hand and he was trying to get it off.

I'm trying not to be over cynical here. I'm simply calling it how I see it. Months ago, they released their little trailers and everyone was disgusted by combat animations. Their opinions (Heaven forbid) were met with "Its not even in beta yet bro be patient GOD" but of course, nothing's changed. They'll tweak the lighting and improve some textures and shadows before launch, no doubt, but when the characters we have to control day in and day out look like dust covered robots, you can probably count me out.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Well you have to think that they don't have the HD textures in. So the graphics are medium quality at best for now. I mean the PAX demo videos looked a lot better, that kind of gives us a clue I think.

I really don't get the animation complaints. I played a human rogue for six and a half years.
    When I cast eviscerate while strafing my character would do some sort of impossible electric slide. Or worse, he would do the arm waggle thing. Literally hold his arms out to the side and waggle them with orange aura circles around his hands.

What standard are people holding these animations to? Cause it can't be WoWs.