Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Delves are the torches on your map, you should be hitting a lot more than 1. There are quite a lot in every zone. Delves are designed to be soloed though. I think there is only 1 actual public dungeon per map, maybe some zones have 2, not sure, those are the ones that have multiple quests in them and are quite a lot larger, and a group is useful, but are still soloable.
    Public Dungeons are also torches, but the difficulty scales up based on how many people are in it. If there are only a couple people, you can solo it. If there are say 20 people hanging out farming the boss, unless you have a tank/heals/dps to move through the trash you are going to die over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

I personally think a guaranteed blue is a little too much and the 25% drop chance is fine. Maybe if the bosses actually took any degree of skill or the dungeon took any degree of time but that's not the case. 5-10 minutes absolute tops, the boss itself? 10 seconds of any skill combination will do it. On the contrary, the actual instanced dungeon bosses which often cause wipes and make people think of strategy, don't even give a guaranteed blue - in fact, most of them have no blue in their loot table or a very low drop chance, so why are delves so much better? I don't even think delves should give a blue or the chance should be lower, and the actual dungeon bosses should have a higher chance of blues. Or make delve bosses much more difficult and then up the blue chance.

I guess it does depends how long the timer is how well they've handled this. 15 minutes would be adequate in my opinion. If they put it an hour or longer then they've seriously overdone it since you will hit delves more often than that just questing.
    To me, skill and time is what regular dungeons are for. Public Dungeons are just a little extra spice for the questing experience.
    And the blues I have seen (up to level 30) haven't really been that good, it's just my OCD that compels me to stay until I get them.

If they limit each boss to a one-time blue drop, and nerf the XP instead, they would (in my opinion) get rid of most of the people/bots farming public dungeons.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    To me, skill and time is what regular dungeons are for. Public Dungeons are just a little extra spice for the questing experience.
    And the blues I have seen (up to level 30) haven't really been that good, it's just my OCD that compels me to stay until I get them.

If they limit each boss to a one-time blue drop, and nerf the XP instead, they would (in my opinion) get rid of most of the people/bots farming public dungeons.
    The problem is that every single blue in the game whether level 1 or VR10 has the same chance of dropping a blue upgrade item when you deconstruct it. Therefore it is just as valuable at every single level, meaning you can upgrade VR10 gear with blue crafting materials you got from level 1+. In my trading guild blue crafting mats will sell in a second at 600g and people will buy any boe blue at 300-400g to deconstruct themselves (usually those with points in it). The stats are irrelevant, almost no one is farming them to wear them.

If anyone is vendoring their blue items, be aware you have a really good chance of deconstructing it into a blue crafting material that is often worth 3-5 times the vendor price of the item. (Higher chance if you've put points into that profession of course).

The problem is that every single blue in the game whether level 1 or VR10 has the same chance of dropping a blue upgrade item when you deconstruct it. Therefore it is just as valuable at every single level, meaning you can upgrade VR10 gear with blue crafting materials you got from level 1+. In my trading guild blue crafting mats will sell in a second at 600g and people will buy any boe blue at 300-400g to deconstruct themselves (usually those with points in it). The stats are irrelevant, almost no one is farming them to wear them.

If anyone is vendoring their blue items, be aware you have a really good chance of deconstructing it into a blue crafting material that is often worth 3-5 times the vendor price of the item. (Higher chance if you've put points into that profession of course).
    Oi so upgrading my weps/armor when lvling up is a really bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Yup! Especially since at lower levels repair costs are often more than you can buy a similar item for in a trade guild (+ you can replace stuff from loot you find), so spending what are essentially endgame mats on low level gear and then having to dump gold into repairing it makes it expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Going past green is. You can upgrade your crafting skills (I suggest you don't have more than 3, tops, per toon) by just ... I want to say disenchanting because I don't remember what its called in ESO, but yea, you can stay at the correct level gear just D/Eing the loot you find. Put the blue crafting mats in the bank and save them.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I just got sent all my pre order items back on an existing character. Got all treasure maps back.

Happen to anyone else?
    I have two sets of pre-order stuff in my mail (scuttler, treasure maps). I also have two different mudcrabs, one's a Nibenay and the other I can't remember the name of. One's red and one's brown, I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I wonder how ZOS will handle these "lopsided" campaigns. Maybe the dominant guild will transfer to another campaign due to eventual lack of competition and boredom?
    Could be, or another mega-guild will all transfer over one weekend and steamroll through when no one's looking.

I personally like the idea of having some campaigns be unofficial PvE zones--for people who don't want to PvP much, but do want to explore Cyrodiil, having a lopsided campaign is really nice. You can go in, find your skyshards, do some PvE quests, explore the delves, play solo without having to worry about getting steamrolled by big groups. I was in a nearly unpopulated campaign back in beta, and I could play around in Cyrodiil sometimes for hours without even seeing an opposing faction player. I loved Oblivion, so it was great to be able to explore it at my leisure without having to watch my back everywhere I went.

And then, when I am in the mood for some PvP action, I can always switch over to a "hotspot" campaign. Although I probably won't be doing that until I hit 50, I do like what they've done with the PvP in this game, and thankfully I have a very casual-friendly and PvP-active guild to roll with. Best of both worlds.

Hopefully Zenimax does do a little behind-the-scenes population control; I definitely don't want to see ALL the campaigns get stuck being lopsided. It's just nice having choices, makes Cryodiil seem less daunting for people like myself who are not hardcore PvPers.

Any number on PC sales yet? Rumors say it went worse than SWtOR.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Nope and probably there won't be any since Zenimax is privately held, unless the sales numbers are so good they can use them as advertising.

Deleted
    When is ESO going to get its own forum here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    It isn't. he mods are holding off so that anyone who wants to discuss ESO gets fed up with the megathread and goes somewhere else.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

The main problem is that, as it is, bosses are farmable for blues and XP. But if bosses were limited to a one time drop and XP reward, then they wouldn't be farmable.
    A guaranteed drop would mean that there would be no reason to stay in the dungeon after the first kill. A lower drop chance would just make people come back until they got it.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Public Dungeons are also torches, but the difficulty scales up based on how many people are in it. If there are only a couple people, you can solo it. If there are say 20 people hanging out farming the boss, unless you have a tank/heals/dps to move through the trash you are going to die over and over.
    Oh, is that how it works? I see. So that's why I had problems with some and not so much with others, when it didn't look like there was anyone around (Crow's Wood, looking at you).

Deleted
    If anyone in the EU needs traits for researching feel free to message me in game @Athravan or just ask on the EU MMOC guild chat (if you want an inv hit me up too). I'm quite happy to make people researching traits free of charge out of the stuff that I have. I may need the gem if I don't have one but that's about it.

For anyone confused about researching, you can ask another crafter to make a level 1 white piece of gear with the trait, and you can research from that You do not need to find it in the world or break down anything valuable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    There's a thread discussing it here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Scrolls-Online

TLDR The admins are monitoring the activity and may create one in the future if they think it's worth it, so no time estimate or guarantee on that front.

As for the drops, I don't think delve bosses should be considered less than group dungeon bosses in this case. If we're supposed to have a choice of tracks/how to do things, then never mind the solo bosses < group bosses .. lfr doesn't need gear drops at all kind of thinking (and really, it's Heroics that doesn't need to drop gear, since there's nothing to progress to after that to gear up FOR, except the next expansion's questing areas, and it always sucks when WoW tunes new areas to people in Heroic gear).

Yes, make a timer on delve bosses, but make the drop enough to encourage people to go do something else after their kill.

Deleted
    There's a thread discussing it here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Scrolls-Online

TLDR The admins are monitoring the activity and may create one in the future if they think it's worth it, so no time estimate or guarantee on that front.
    23.4k posts in this thread alone would make a good enough case, no? However, thanks for your answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am getting cravings to play it. To bad I am away from home for a few weeks with terrible internet. Fucking Australia sucks.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Would be interested to see where you got this rumor from? Any source or should i just assume your talking out your ass?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I am getting cravings to play it. To bad I am away from home for a few weeks with terrible internet. Fucking Australia sucks.
    Yeah I know what you mean haven't had cravings like this for a game since i first played Wow.

In conclusion, this game is a massive grind.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    In conclusion, this game is a massive grind.
    Sure if you hate stories, or plots, or dungeons, or pvp.

I guess you could just grind. Of course, you are making the choice to grind instead of doing that other stuff.

In conclusion: maybe the problem is you?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.