It has been two weeks since release and no any sales data available. That looks very fishy, could they break 1 million copies barrier?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It has been two weeks since release and no any sales data available. That looks very fishy, could they break 1 million copies barrier?
    I know you ignore everyone who posts rationally to your posts in this thread, but the last major release western MMO, GW2, did not release sales data for 8 months after release. Zenimax are not a public company, they are unlikely to release any sales data any time soon - no MMO ever releases sales figures this quickly, so it doesn't look fishy. It looks like nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I know you ignore everyone who posts rationally to your posts in this thread, but the last major release western MMO, GW2, did not release sales data for 8 months after release. Zenimax are not a public company, they are unlikely to release any sales data any time soon - no MMO ever releases sales figures this quickly, so it doesn't look fishy. It looks like nothing.

im pretty sure zenimax recently said they don't release sales figures for any of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Private company, private data.

Personally, I like the feeling of dealing with privately-owned companies, rather than ones who need to please a bunch of blockhead shareholders.

I loved Zeller's when it was a private company. It went to garbage after HBC bought it, and now it's gone completely.

If anything is going to kill WoW, it's going to be Blizzard's shareholders, who don't give a damn about games, they just want to see more money back than they put in.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-04-19 at 01:44 PM.

So I've kinda become bored of leveling(questing mainly). I guess I shouldn't have gone hard out in pre-purchase and the few days after it.. Not sure what to do atm =\
    Dunno whether rolling another character will help, maybe another faction/race..
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    im pretty sure we will get sales figures from retailers, but not copies sold directly from zenimax.

Deleted
    I think people got spoiled a little by Blizzard's number releases to be honest, fact is the vast majority of games do not release sales figures. Blizzard is a public company and has to announce sales figures to their shareholders.... but then certain people have fun making everything into a conspiracy theory about games that don't do it.

Can't for the life of me find the link any more but, a few days after release, some haters were posting links to a site that estimated there were 1.8m retail pre-orders (to them this meant the game was a huge failure). Ofc, as Zenimax/Bethesda never release sales figures so, that doesn't include copies purchased directly from them. Let's be mean and say only half ordered direct giving you 2.7m. I think an estimate of 3m - 3.5m current players is probably fair just now. Whether that will increase or decrease after the free 30 days though. We'll likely never know.

I highly doubt that they sold anywhere near those numbers Oevaag. Privately owned or not if they had sold THAT much they would most likely have made some kind of announcement, because it would be a great asset for their marketing department.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    I highly doubt that they sold anywhere near those numbers Oevaag. Privately owned or not if they had sold THAT much they would most likely have made some kind of announcement, because it would be a great asset for their marketing department.
    As a few have stated (and there was a recent quote from Zenimax) that they never release sales figures even when a game is a massive success (Dishonoured).

Forgot to mention. This quote from Zenimax was a response to a question about pre-order numbers I believe.
    Last edited by Oevaag; 2014-04-19 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

They've sort of addressed this, they are adding a timer to the world dungeon bosses so you can only get loot every xx mins, as well as already doing a fairly hefty bot ban wave.
    Is the timer for everybody? I went into a public dungeon last night and received no loot after killing the boss despite only killing him/her once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oevaag View Post
    As a few have stated (and there was a recent quote from Zenimax) that they never release sales figures even when a game is a massive success (Dishonoured).

Forgot to mention. This quote from Zenimax was a response to a question about pre-order numbers I believe.
    That's not entirely true. Last July they announced that they'd sold over 20M copies of Skyrim. Of course, it wasn't until well over a year after release that they even announced that. I would believe that, if they were to actually announce sales, they would wait until after console release.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2014-04-19 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Um...Blizzard knows exactly how many subscribers they have...like...any company who has a subscription system knows his. Like, there's no ambiguity. When a company says, "Active subscriptions/subscribers." they literally mean the number of active subscriptions they have, especially if they are a public company. They don't mean how many they had last year, or 6 months ago, they mean as of the end of the most recent fiscal quarter (which is when public MMO companies would generally talk subscription numbers). To lie about it at a public company is a massive risk, and if you're caught you're in very deep shit.
    Didn't you warn us a few pages back not to discuss wow since it's off topic and you've been arguing about sub numbers for wow for a couple pages now.

- - - Updated - - -

A few people on reddit claimed that they reported this bug in beta; but there is no evidence of that.
    There is proof, there is an amazon review of the game before it was released talking about the dupe bug. If it was widespread enough to be posted on amazon they must have known. There has also been a few threads about it posted on the official forums over the last couple weeks that were deleted by Zenimax. It was all over the place a couple days ago and they still were ignoring it, deleted and closing threads. It wasn't until it ended up on twitch that they were finally forced to act. A lot of my respect for this company went out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    Private company, private data.

Personally, I like the feeling of dealing with privately-owned companies, rather than ones who need to please a bunch of blockhead shareholders.
    Same here. I am still wondering all these years how SWTOR would have been without EA's death touch.

As people have said, don't ever expect Zenimax to release any sales/subscriber data for the foreseeable future unless it's something eye-popping successful like Skyrim's sales.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

The one thing I'm going to miss the most from farming public dungeon bosses is all those free soul gems. I stopped farming them last week, I just quest now but whenever I go into one for the clear achievement and xp I stick around and kill the boss a few times for the soul gems.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got a response finally on the ticket I made about the broken quest. They're just telling me to skip it, such awesome customer service. I had GM's in Secret World come on and push me through broken quests at launch within 10 mins and I'm pretty sure those guys don't have as much money/employees as Zenimax does.

"We are currently working to fix this issue. In the meantime, you can progress to the next chapter of the storyline by moving ahead to the next area.

It is our hope that you will be able to return and complete the affected quest shortly."

Yeah, it is my hope they'll tune quest xp so you don't have to complete entire zones so you're not underleveled. Skipping this quest chain means I have to go into the next zone even more underleveled. I'm already getting quest rewards that are always 2 or 3 levels above me. I'm sick of keeping red items in my bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    The one thing I'm going to miss the most from farming public dungeon bosses is all those free soul gems. I stopped farming them last week, I just quest now but whenever I go into one for the clear achievement and xp I stick around and kill the boss a few times for the soul gems.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got a response finally on the ticket I made about the broken quest. They're just telling me to skip it, such awesome customer service. I had GM's in Secret World come on and push me through broken quests at launch within 10 mins and I'm pretty sure those guys don't have as much money/employees as Zenimax does.

"We are currently working to fix this issue. In the meantime, you can progress to the next chapter of the storyline by moving ahead to the next area.

It is our hope that you will be able to return and complete the affected quest shortly."

Yeah, it is my hope they'll tune quest xp so you don't have to complete entire zones so you're not underleveled. Skipping this quest chain means I have to go into the next zone even more underleveled. I'm already getting quest rewards that are always 2 or 3 levels above me. I'm sick of keeping red items in my bags.
    They won't move you past a quest unless it's actually blocking progress, such as the quests to get into VR content. The GM's will move you forward in that instance. You technically don't have to complete every quest in a zone to move forward.

Frankly who cares what the subscriber retention is. It could be 50k players (obviously will be more) and as long as Zenimax is making enough money to put out quality content at a decent pace then great. Those 50k players will have a game they love. The mega server will help prevent any feeling of emptiness in-game. Zenimax just needs to stick to their guns, focus on what they do best (immersive storytelling) and not sell out. As long as they don't try to be a game that appeals to everyone I think it'll last a long time.

Yeah, I don't get the fascination of sales figures (unless it is your job). As long as the game makes enough money to further development of said game and there are enough people in the game world to make it enjoyable then everything else is superfluous.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we have to have numbers so we can make fun of the game and make numerous "my game is better than your game" posts/threads.

Here is a cache of one of the threads Zenimax deleted a few days ago about the duping. They just deleted the thread and did nothing, left guild banks on for days and it wasn't until twitch and a thread hitting the FRONT page of reddit that they decided the rug was getting too full under it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...-by-using-bank

Yesterday Jessica posted something along the lines of "The exploit we discovered YESTERDAY". People over on reddit were highlighting that and laughing hysterically. With good reason. That's just a flat out lie.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Dupes schmupes. Game is bugged to hell, support is iffy, full subscription amount 'hold' that still hasn't been returned, lots of very very very bad management related issues going on here. Not satisfied with their management at all HOWEVER...

The game is legit. Every second I play its quality is creeping up on me to where I don't realize what I'm playing other than a freaking fantastic game. Will it last as an MMO? Who knows...I don't care. Can't stop playing these amazing quests and beautiful world. Did not see this coming from beta. Totally shocked. Goodbye Skyrim, our time together was well spent. I'll see you in a few years.
    BAD WOLF