Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Pretty much every game has a gear treadmill, if I were to compare ESO's to any game i'd probably compare it to Minecraft, because you know best gear is crafted but occasionally a nice drop comes off a mob/boss
    I don't really care if "every game" is "pretty much" a gear treadmill. I was looking for one that was not, similar to GW2's gear but if eventually ESO will have one then I don't really want to invest my time into that.

Hence why I asked in the first place.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Whatever the case is. You not wanting to invest time PVEing, or PVPing in Cyrodiil, ect...

You should play for the story if you don't want to get into end game.

The story is really good for all factions(you'll be doing all faction's zones anyways).

The game is definitely worth $60 to just do the story. Puts all the other Elder Scrolls games to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    How is the leveling? Slow/fast?
    Leveling is slower than other MMOs since questing is the fastest and only viable method. You gain very little XP straight-up grinding mobs. You can also decide to level in Cyrodiil PVP but you'll have a miserable time versus fully-geared people with tons of skill points.

How healthy is the community? Are there a good number of players spread around the zones or is it basically ghost town at low levels?
    If by healthy you mean seeing lots of people running around, then yes, the community has always been healthy. ESO uses megaserver so you will always see people no matter what. I see tons of people all the time even in low-level zones and they will be even more populated once ESO goes B2P.

How grindy is this game to get to a point where I start competing in PvP/doing endgame things? Will I be facing months and months of catchup?
    It really depends on what you consider 'grinding.' You'll be spending a healthy amount of time doing quests. Once you reach level 50 you will start earning Champion points and have the option to do the other faction's questlines.

Can I respec (without some shady shit like buying real money tokens) as and when I want to should I fancy a new build/fuck something up while leveling up?
    You can respec both your attributes and skill points at your faction's capital using gold at any time. Each time you respec costs an increasing amount of gold. No, there is no real money tokens or anything like that.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    It really depends on what you consider 'grinding.' You'll be spending a healthy amount of time doing quests. Once you reach level 50 you will start earning Champion points and have the option to do the other faction's questlines.
    And is this a thing you "must" do? In most MMOs once I hit the level cap I stop questing. I don't finish zones off, and I don't go back to zones. If it's like "gz you did all that questing.... now go quest some more" and that's "the content" I don't think I'll enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And is this a thing you "must" do? In most MMOs once I hit the level cap I stop questing. I don't finish zones off, and I don't go back to zones. If it's like "gz you did all that questing.... now go quest some more" and that's "the content" I don't think I'll enjoy it.
    Unless you want to stay at 50, yes.

It's further character progression, what's not to like? You can further customize and specialize your character using Champion points. It's as much a "must-do" as raiding is to WoW.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    It's further character progression, what's not to like? You can further customize and specialize your character using Champion points. It's as much a "must-do" as raiding is to WoW.
    I don't enjoy questing. It's something I wish MMOs would stop making everyone do before you can get to the fun stuff.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I probably wont play this if I must quest so I can do more questing before I can do the actually fun stuff :P

Deleted
    I don't enjoy questing. It's something I wish MMOs would stop making everyone do before you can get to the fun stuff.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I probably wont play this if I must quest so I can do more questing before I can do the actually fun stuff :P
    what

but... quests are like... the fundament of every role playing game

what

The fun stuff in ESO, is pretty much... questing.

Dungeons you can do while leveling up; you don't have to wait until level cap to do them. Plus, old dungeons scale with you so you will never be limited to a few for your level.

Raiding in ESO isn't the endgame, and there are only a few raids.

You can do Cryodill at anytime once you hit lvl 10, and you scale up.

Basically (with the exception of the arena and Craglorn), after about a half dozen hours of play you can start doing all the really fun stuff that most MMOs would make you wait until you hit cap to experience.

Yeah if you don't like questing you wont like this game. The "fun stuff" is pretty lackluster by comparison atm.

what is the "fun stuff"?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    what is the "fun stuff"?
    Repetitive dull boring instanced content that you have to run over and over and over and over.

that doesn't sound very fun

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Repetitive dull boring instanced content that you have to run over and over and over and over.
    To each their own. That's how I see PvP and that's how others see dungeons/raiding. Frankly I could do the same raid for years *cough* SoO *cough* if im logging on every week having fun with my friends. I love an enthralling story/quest line, but I mainly play MMOs for group content.
    Last edited by Therec; 2015-03-08 at 05:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    that doesn't sound very fun
    This might sound odd, but "fun" is subjective

This might sound odd, but "fun" is subjective
    indeed

then it doesn't sound very fun to me

10+ Year Old Account
    You could always just steal everything in site and try not to get killed by guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I don't understand why people only interested in typical MMO end game content are interested in ESO. Considering this is a game based off of a single player RPG series I'm consistently baffled by people wanting to skip over that entire experience. Is there some great appeal about Tamriel-themed raiding I'm missing? When people 'finish' Skyrim or Oblivion do they find themselves saying, "Now if only there were some bosses I could kill every week with 9+ other people?" o_O
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    On a side note questing in ESO is the best questing i have seen in a MMO up to now.

It has nearly 0 grinds, tells interesting stories, is neither too challenging (that is before you start veteran questing) nor too easy and is extremely immersive, as you need to explore to find most of the quests.

If you dislike questing in other MMOs, ESO really could surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    On a side note questing in ESO is the best questing i have seen in a MMO up to now.

It has nearly 0 grinds, tells interesting stories, is neither too challenging (that is before you start veteran questing) nor too easy and is extremely immersive, as you need to explore to find most of the quests.

If you dislike questing in other MMOs, ESO really could surprise you.
    Yes. For the love of god give ESO a shot, it will surprise you with how interesting and enjoyable the questing is.

You can play as casually as you like. Do not rush, rushing only hurts your experience of ESO.