Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    If you can disable it that is fine, but I hate the idea of forced pvp.
    Just checked: PvP zone but plenty of PvE zones.

If this is true I will never buy the game.
    Never trust anything Tackhisis says.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Just checked: PvP zone but plenty of PvE zones.
    Yeah. Like, 1 pvp zone and in the rest of the world you can't even run into the enemy factions.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 05:17 PM ----------

Yeah. Like, 1 pvp zone and in the rest of the world you can't even run into the enemy factions.

I'll wait and see. I've never been much of a first day buyer anyways. I find it saves me a lot trouble waiting a few days/weeks to see reviews and stuff before I make my decision on a game.

Which mega server games have you played? Modern ones do it for you, pretty much, automatically.
    In firefall, you are a 10 second load screen away from anyone.
    TERA Online had channel switch. And if I remember correctly Runes of Magic too.
    It's fast but it's annoying too :/

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    TERA Online had channel switch. And if I remember correctly Runes of Magic too.
    It's fast but it's annoying too :/
    Tera is far more manual than some of the other sharded/channel games.
    If TESO is at all up to date, it will be far less annoying then Teras channel system.

You should try firefall.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is true I will never buy the game.
    There is no PvP/PvE servers in this game. There is only ONE server and that's the Megaserver. If you want to only just PvE then you have to stay within your faction zones or do the 50+/50++ content. Cyrodiil is the only zone in the entire game that has PvP enabled. It's actually a PvEvP zone. Yes it has objectives in it (taking over mines and siege warfare) that you'll find for PvP. But they also have a lot of Open Dungeons in Cyrodiil too. Plus this is where you will find many daily quests in the game.

And like some people have said don't read into anything Tackhisis says. I've been lurking on this page for the last few months and all I've seen from him is just spewing misinformation to people to make the game seem awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    And like some people have said don't read into anything Tackhisis says. I've been lurking on this page for the last few months and all I've seen from him is just spewing misinformation to people to make the game seem awful.
    It's not just this game, btw.

But yeah. As beta slowly opens up it will be clearer what you can expect Baar. Don't write it off before you know what it actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just this game, btw.

But yeah. As beta slowly opens up it will be clearer what you can expect Baar. Don't write it off before you know what it actually is.
    We honestly haven't seen much information about the game yet. They've kept a lot of it on the down low. But it's getting much closer to E3 though. So I expect that soon we will be getting a massive rush of information from them about pretty much every aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I HATE channel system that sucks!
    What's wrong with the channel system? It's far superior to isolated shards from a player perspective, as you're never locked out of playing with friends and have access to a far larger pool of potential players, without overpopulating zones and making them hell. From the player perspective, there is almost no difference in the gameplay experience between a game with isolated shards and one with a global server and a channel system, except that there is a lower chance for "dead" zones and a higher chance for grouping opportunities, both of which are positives.

Eh...
    I wasn't lagging during the Ilum escapades of 200v200 in swtor.

So I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe I am the chosen one?
    i remember 2 things about ilum, the massive lag the second more than 50 people showed up (10 seconds of lag or even server crashes) and the exploits people figured out at the start

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I think you misunderstand the word "channel" which is unfortunately re-used for too many things. The type of Channel being discussed are cross-server server channels. Oddly enough, WoW has them and they are called Cross-Realm Zones and are implemented using their phasing technology.

Tera I know for sure has or had no such thing when I last played. Their channels are strictly server-specific open zone instances which are dynamically created, otherwise known as zone sharding.

Other games use server sharding, i.e. sharding the whole server, but here it has no relationship between servers.

As far as I know, EQ2 only has cross-server communications using chat (chat channels) and mail. I do not think it even has a cross-server dungeon system like post-Dec 2009 WoW.

Also, I believe Maple Story has no interaction between worlds at all and only supports zone sharding, according to its Wikipedia page.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    It's similar tech, just different scaling. You can have a single world with channels, or you can have individual shards with channels built into each shard to prevent overpopulation within a zone, it all depends on how how the back-end is set up. Champions Online uses it with a single server, as do a number of other games.
    ^

You make it sound like it's different, the only difference is it's just the scale.

It doesn't have to have a gigantic 'one megaserver' in order to use the same tech.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    This is comical indeed. I don't know why people say WoW looks good, it looks like trash to me.

To me it looks almost as bad as it did when it was launched, there are a few things here and there that are better in the newest expansions but that's that, in general, it's still almost the same thing.

I much prefer TES art style.

remember wow is old though, WoW was designed to have a cartoony style, it doesn't try to have realistic graphics, its not wows style. but the textures and models in wow are bad, but they are very old, the game is what, nearly 9 years old? itsd a bit silly to compare graphics from two games that nearly 10years apart in my opinion.

edit: also, what i actually came here for

WHERES MY BETA INVITE !!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    remember wow is old though, WoW was designed to have a cartoony style, it doesn't try to have realistic graphics, its not wows style. but the textures and models in wow are bad, but they are very old, the game is what, nearly 9 years old? itsd a bit silly to compare graphics from two games that nearly 10years apart in my opinion.
    It's silly, but people compare the other way around, which is even more silly.

Deleted
    since beta has started, has anything been said about system requirements? it should run on my pc no problem, but my friends pc kinda sucks, hes still on XP :\

system requirements is usually one of the last things they put out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    system requirements is usually one of the last things they put out

damn, i wasn't expecting a completed requirements list, hoping for a rough guide. ah well, ill keep my eyes peeled for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is the queen of the chromatic dragons... Even though she can't spell her own name right on forum boards

OT: The real question is: will there be horse armor DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    OT: The real question is: will there be horse armor DLC
    Day 1.

I would lol if that was in the cash shop on day one. I think they might do it for the lolz too.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    damn, i wasn't expecting a completed requirements list, hoping for a rough guide. ah well, ill keep my eyes peeled for it.
    they're aiming for the same thing every other MMO aims for, they've specifically said "every current laptop should run TESO comfortably" but they also said the settings range would also allow higher end computers to utilize their hardware

My guess on system requirements: Core2 Quad or better 2.6GHz, Radeon 4870/GTX280, 4GB RAM and 35GB of free HDD space. If that is somewhat the system specs, I hope you can activate DX11 as that is approx 5 years old and only supports DX9 (no1 uses 10.1 afaik). Apparantly it's a multi threaded game like Crysis 3 is, meaning it will run best on an i7, the budget cpu would be 8350. I still have no clue what kind of graphics card it would require to run it at maximum though, I bought a Titan to be sure.