Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    oooh, if I didn't hate Köln so much I'd go there to check it out.
    It's not Köln I despise, it's the convention itself ... I'm 28 and I feel like I'm the oldest person there

Oh, yeah ... E3 ... hopefully some announcements here

I guess for the AH, you can only buy and sell with your faction, not anyone elses. But still, that's one massive AH.

Deleted
    GW2 has a Worldwide AH, functions reasonably well.

But GW2 doesn't have different factions. So that's the question. Will there be individual faction AH's or just one AH that's neutral?

I'm personally hoping for one large AH that's cross faction but I don't know how they can do it considering that the three factions are at war.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-05-13 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    I was coming from a technical standpoint, the splitting of the AH will be more of a... design choice.

*I doubt there will be 1 big AH; it'll be divided by faction
    *I don't see how it matters either way
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Well there was only going to be one server right? As in a mega server...so if that is the case, maybe one AH per faction won't be a problem as so many people will be using the same on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazio View Post
    Well there was only going to be one server right? As in a mega server...so if that is the case, maybe one AH per faction won't be a problem as so many people will be using the same on?
    From what I read it's different realms.. Where did you get your information from?

It's single server but it's partitioned sort of like GW1's districting.

Single server tech looks very promising. I can't tell you how many times I've been a victim of low population in other MMO's and this is one of the things about ESO that excites me alot. Hope there will be new info soon, been kinda dry lately...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Single server tech looks very promising. I can't tell you how many times I've been a victim of low population in other MMO's and this is one of the things about ESO that excites me alot. Hope there will be new info soon, been kinda dry lately...
    On one hand it could be great , but the other is a recipe for lag and any one outisde the US will pay for it
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Is TESO going to be F2P, B2P or P2P?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Is TESO going to be F2P, B2P or P2P?
    No official announcement on what payment model they are going for yet. I'd predict that they will probably go the B2P route though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnace View Post
    No official announcement on what payment model they are going for yet. I'd predict that they will probably go the B2P route though.
    It would make the most sense.

Skyrim sold 10 million copies as B2P and then sold a ton of DLCs.
    TESO is starting to look at lot like Skyrim (the 3 minute beta clip (not the 20 minute alpha clip)) with some mmo elements.

By making it B2P they are looking at capitalizing off a community that is already interested in Elder scrolls and is use to the B2P + dlc model.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    TESO is starting to look at lot like Skyrim (the 3 minute beta clip)
    Where can I find this video? I'm pretty sure I didn't saw it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Where can I find this video? I'm pretty sure I didn't saw it yet.
    It's gone now.

It was REALLY pretty and showed how you can dodge attacks effectively and shit.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yeah B2P would make the most sense. It would bring in more console players because their probably not used to paying subscriptions to play a game besides Xbox live or something.

Or they may go P2P at launch but then switch over to B2P. They would gain more money doing that.

I think they'd go for a mix of B2P and F2P.
    You buy it, then you don't have to pay each month, but they probably have cosmetics on sale in an ingame shop.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: P2P is the highest quality service by any stretch of the imagination. They can add a cosmetic shop on top of that + keeping the monthly fee lower than the standard 15$ and they'll be fine with subscribers. If people could play this game for 7$ a month AND get a cosmetic cash shop then that would be the ideal solution for me. Just charge us for new haircuts etc. but do it with real life dollars so that people know what they are actually spending unlike the systems were they convert the pay rates into currencies most people without an education within economy can't understand. This goes for all the so-called f2p games, stop shitting around with bogus currencies and get real. So many people praise the f2p models without understanding it's actually more expensive than paying a sub it's baffling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    So many people praise the f2p models without understanding it's actually more expensive than paying a sub it's baffling.
    I've no interest in starting another debate about this, but I can't stand seeing fear-fueled inaccuracies being spread around. F2P is in no way, shape or form more expensive than P2P for anyone who has control over their money and doesn't blow it all on games. Sure, I maybe spent 20 bucks this month on shop purchases instead of 15 on a sub, but guess what? I never have to spend that again. I may go the next 5 months without spending a single dime.

Maybe in 6 months or so when they release new cosmetics or a mount I'm interested in, I'll drop another 20. We're talking about 40 bucks in a 9 month period. In what universe is that more than the 135 dollars I'd have spent on a subscription alone for P2P? Sure, some people create bad examples by blowing a ton of cash on these games, but these are the same people that do the same thing for games like WoW. They spend the 15 on the sub, then turn around and buy 4 race changes, 3 faction changes, a couple pets, a few mounts, a cosmetic make over. Has nothing to do with the type of game they're playing. They'll always toss out the "Try being <18 with a credit card nub!!" like it's some accomplishment. They're no one to be getting standards from.

Anyway, like I said, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but let's try and keep it opinion rather than spreading falses.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.