Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I'm curious about the classes, and how playstyle will work as. As along as I can play a heavily armored mage I'd probably be happy.
    From everything I've heard, that's possible.

Btw, is that Sooyoung?
    Indeed it is. She's me IRL waifu.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

Indeed it is. She's me IRL waifu.
    That's fine, I have Seohyun anyway.

I just read this article:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...yrodiil-part-1

It makes me happy I don't have to do PvP in Cyrodill, but from what I'm understanding, you'll be flagged in it always. Cyrodill is my favorite zone having played the series, and i don't really like pvp. Of course, I could be wrong and maybe you won't be flagged for pvp. I'm guessing something like gw2's WvWvW system tho.

And this hasn't been discussed much, but I'm really interested in the music of the game. Music tends to be the thing that I find most memorable of games, being singer myself. The previous games were pretty good with it so I don't worry about this. I wonder if the music will change tho when you're in combat, or you have that option at least.

I think the thing I worry most about is the controls. I've played the recent ES on my console, so I enjoy using the controller. Not sure how I will get used to attacking with my mouse, especially with my wrists (then again I'm a hotkey clicker, so perhaps using the mice will be easier on them).
    Last edited by sergel02; 2013-06-02 at 05:51 AM.

Deleted
    That's fine, I have Seohyun anyway.

I just read this article:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...yrodiil-part-1

It makes me happy I don't have to do PvP in Cyrodill, but from what I'm understanding, you'll be flagged in it always. Cyrodill is my favorite zone having played the series, and i don't really like pvp. Of course, I could be wrong and maybe you won't be flagged for pvp. I'm guessing something like gw2's WvWvW system tho.
    maybe the zone is big enough so you're (relatively) safe in the zones controlled by your empire (maybe enforced through guards and/or other mechanics) and you can do all the pve stuff there - and pvp only happens at the frontlines ... something like the lattice system in Planetside 2, allowing multiple battlefields but no "ghostcapping" bases behind the enemy lines

cyrodiil is pretty big, so im sure you can avoid large scale battles and do quests and pve and stuff. but youre always flagged for pvp in there, so if youre unlucky youll get ganked ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    No beta yet... and I was in the above average... I feel cheetah 'd....

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No beta yet... and I was in the above average... I feel cheetah 'd....
    yeah seriously didn't we do beta signups like half a year ago? what's taking so long?

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    yeah seriously didn't we do beta signups like half a year ago? what's taking so long?
    A mixture of them not starting beta immediately after signups. And the fact that they want to control the number of people in beta and keep it small.

I don't get the sentiment that if you sign up for beta, that you somehow deserve to get in it or something. It's not some reward and bonus for you to get a free demo of the game. It's a beta, that means you're going to be actively testing the game and providing feedback. You don't deserve to get in, it's a decision on the part of the devs on who the let in, and when to let them in.

But my chances were excellent!

I'm not actually expecting to get in. I'll just wait it out for the open beta if they have one.

On the payment model I agree with your points. I was going to edit my post but decided I'd rather make a discussion out of it. I WILL say though that with the amount of work going in to this game, the IP that it's based on and studio that's behind it (it's not Bethesda but it's still a sister company under Zenimax studios that heads Bethesda too), I can't see this game being financially successful without a sub fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    they announced round 3 of beta invites for the beginning of june.
    Also:
    - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER! The mails from zenimax can be quite ... cryptic
    - Check if you received this confirmation mail after signing up for beta, there was an error on the first few days and not everyone who applied made it into the database! You can still apply for beta if you didn't get the confirmation mail.
    - an "excellent" rating doesn't mean that you get an autoinvite for every beta event. There have been 2 events since they started the closed beta phase and a very, very small percentage of the people who applied actually made it into the event.
    -My guess is that they're testing basic game mechanics and maybe the starter zones at the moment. They don't need that many people for testing this stuff. When they move on to dungeons, later zones and even cyrodiil or stress testing the servers, they'll need much more people and the chances that you'll get an invite will increase.

Edit:
    Awesome Interview

- at 8:48 he states that there will be no arena based pvp, only the alliance pvp in cyrodiil
    - 10:02 you'll be going to cold harbour at level 1 in the daggerfall covenant tutorial
    - PC and MAC
    - at 11:30 he talks about endgame pve and progression (they're currently working on it)
    - mounts will be available, horses only (at least he doesn't talk about other mounts) and they are not killable, you can have multiple mounts and you can stable them.
    - about decisions and consequences ... sounds intresting, I hope there arent just 2 or 3 of those quests ... tl;dr: decisions you make (even in the early game) do matter and the consequences will accompany you through the entire storyline

And the most important part : he confirms that there will be a cash shop for vanity items.
    Last edited by mmoc6023babb1d; 2013-06-03 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    about decisions and consequences ... sounds intresting, I hope there arent just 2 or 3 of those quests ... tl;dr: decisions you make (even in the early game) do matter and the consequences will accompany you through the entire storyline
    That cannot work, that will not work, if that will be implemented it will function in completely different way that you're imagining now.
    he confirms that there will be a cash shop for vanity items.
    And for most people, me included, that is a bold full stop in their relationship with this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    A mixture of them not starting beta immediately after signups. And the fact that they want to control the number of people in beta and keep it small.

I don't get the sentiment that if you sign up for beta, that you somehow deserve to get in it or something. It's not some reward and bonus for you to get a free demo of the game. It's a beta, that means you're going to be actively testing the game and providing feedback. You don't deserve to get in, it's a decision on the part of the devs on who the let in, and when to let them in.
    Yeah, I do agree that it's not a demo, but has anyone around here even gotten in >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    And for most people, me included, that is a bold full stop in their relationship with this game.
    Then I guess it's a good thing that 99% of MMOs have cash shops.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yeah, I do agree that it's not a demo, but has anyone around here even gotten in >.>
    If they have, they're not allowed to say. NDA's an all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    That cannot work, that will not work, if that will be implemented it will function in completely different way that you're imagining now.
    Actually you are wrong here. They are implementing a system in this game where you make choices on quests and does affect you later on in the game. There have been many examples, ZOS and people who have played the game, where they come upon quests where they are offered a choice whether to save a person or let them die. If you let them live they might show up later on in the game and might have something for you to do.

A good example of this was near the starting area for the Ebonheart Pact where you have a quest to rescue some people before they are attacked by the Aldmeri Dominion, I believe. You can either save every single one of them or you can just leave the area and go to the main land and let them die. If you decided to save them all you will see them all in the new town that you go to thanking you for saving them and they give you quests. If you decide to let them all die or only save a few of them, you don't see any of them, obviously because they died, or the few that you saved wonder why you only saved them and not everyone else.

So it seems that ZOS is really trying to make a very dynamic world where there are going to be consequences to quests when you do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they have, they're not allowed to say. NDA's an all that.
    Could they not at least say, "hey I got in the beta"? Seems to be pretty draconian NDA if they can't even acknowledge the fact they got in O.o

Could they not at least say, "hey I got in the beta"? Seems to be pretty draconian NDA if they can't even acknowledge the fact they got in O.o
    Nope. Most early beta NDA's basically prevent you from saying anything at all. It was that way with SWTOR in the super early beta, it's that way with FFXIV and WildStar currently as well. It's actually pretty standard operating procedure for most MMO's.

10+ Year Old Account
    great we can kill our mounts.... that sucks kinda don't know how much gold i lost in skyrim by jumping down waterfalls on a horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I guess you don't play any MMOs then.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You speak for "most" now? If it's B2P/F2P with a vanity store, there's 100% nothing wrong with that. If it's P2P with a vanity store, I can see how some might be turned off, but to use the term "most" is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Most early beta NDA's basically prevent you from saying anything at all. It was that way with SWTOR in the super early beta, it's that way with FFXIV and WildStar currently as well. It's actually pretty standard operating procedure for most MMO's.
    I'm in the beta.

notrly.