10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    not sure if people saw the interview at E3, but they said mod support for the UI will be available!
    We have known for awhile now that LUA modding would be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think I have just been playing 3rd person MMOs for too long because at this point playing in 1st person takes me more out of the game than 3rd does (I know that is totally backwards). I also tend to feel like my sense of direction gets messed up more in 1st which is probably directly related to the fact I like to rotate my camera a lot when I am fighting or running around to see what is around me. But yea if you could have the option of the two (and preferably to zoom fairly far out in 3rd) it would probably be the best solution.
    But the 3rd person in Skyrim is quite bad IMO.

I have no problem with 3rd person in most games, and I really liked Skyrim as a whole, but I felt forced to play in 1st person there because the 3rd person just felt.... really odd, for some reason, I could never target properly with it, and it just felt clumsy overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

I have no problem with 3rd person in most games, and I really liked Skyrim as a whole, but I felt forced to play in 1st person there because the 3rd person just felt.... really odd, for some reason, I could never target properly with it, and it just felt clumsy overall.
    I'd say this is a matter of opinion. The thid person in Skyrim was exceptional. The gameplay/combat is what drew away from it. The fact that you can't diveroll or things like that in an action-adventure game is just...off, even if it is an Elder Scrolls game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'd say this is a matter of opinion. The thid person in Skyrim was exceptional. The gameplay/combat is what drew away from it. The fact that you can't diveroll or things like that in an action-adventure game is just...off, even if it is an Elder Scrolls game.
    That's why I said IMO.

I've played other similar games and never had any trouble with them, it's just in Skyrim, FOR ME, it really feels clumsy....

again, not sure why.

10+ Year Old Account

yeah i just couldn't play in 3rd person on skyrim, found it impossibly hard to hit anything with melee or ranged, couldn't judge distances properly and stuff, i played 90% of the game in 1st person.

though i can see the benefit of 3rd person in an mmo, on single player it wasn't as necessary.
    i will probably play most of ESO in 1st person, i find it much more fun and immersive, but i can see 3rd person being important on bosses and pvp to see stuff around you.
    dragonmaw - EU

In Skyrim I used 3rd person view for Melee, I thought it better to use.

For Ranged and Magic? 1st person for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    In Skyrim I used 3rd person view for Melee, I thought it better to use.

For Ranged and Magic? 1st person for sure.
    ^ I do the same thing.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Aaaargh, I just want to know more about their zones and at least a word on how gear is going to work
    They will render those things as 'preliminary' and keep them under NDA until the end, as they know that being sincere will hurt game sales. Such games are shooting for initial sales, so they want people to preorder blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    They will render those things as 'preliminary' and keep them under NDA until the end, as they know that being sincere will hurt game sales. Such games are shooting for initial sales, so they want people to preorder blindly.
    Well, as much as I'd like to try it out, I sure as heck ain't gonna pre-order it without having more info on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as much as I'd like to try it out, I sure as heck ain't gonna pre-order it without having more info on it.

of course you will know more about it before it releases, the NDA won't be in effect until release. there will likely be an open beta as well.
    dragonmaw - EU

Gamerzine article confirms Jeremy Soule composed main theme of ESO. http://www.gamerzines.com/firstlook/...k-issue-6.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought that was confirmed a while ago? Either way that's good. Love me some Soule.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Gamerzine article confirms Jeremy Soule composed main theme of ESO. http://www.gamerzines.com/firstlook/...k-issue-6.html

Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Thought that was confirmed a while ago? Either way that's good. Love me some Soule.
    All they said prior to this article was that Jeremy Soule was involved but they didn't go in to detail as to how he was involved. Now we know that he did the main theme.

i just hope some collector edition with beta acces.. >.<

cant wait anymore :>

10+ Year Old Account
    is it just me, or does ESO look like a better graphiced runescape?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    is it just me, or does ESO look like a better graphiced runescape?
    Heh, I'm waiting till we get closer to launch but I have to say the character models I've seen so far haven't been aesthetically appealing (and have been sorta exceptionally blocky -_-)

I'm kind of bummed that I'll only be seeing 3 player races throughout my PvE experience.

I've been following this game since it was announced and really as it's come closer and closer to release, I'm starting to get a sour taste in my mouth. All the information they give us contradicts what information we were provided before, and it's just coming off as more and more of a disappointment. I'm getting the feeling the developers don't exactly know what they want. They announced an MMORPG, now they're calling it 'multiplayer'. The original concept and early design choices were quickly changed because hardly a soul was interested and all the hype it generated was mostly a big, fat 'meh'. They seem to be backtracking to the 'meh' stage, and I'm seeing that the hype is beginning to die off.

I'm getting tired of long waits with little or lack of information and the developers constantly dodging the questions everyone is asking. And I'm getting the feeling a lot of people are too. If the developers don't know what they want, how is the game in any way going to be successful?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I'm getting tired of long waits with little or lack of information and the developers constantly dodging the questions everyone is asking. And I'm getting the feeling a lot of people are too. If the developers don't know what they want, how is the game in any way going to be successful?
    By having the name 'elder scrolls' on it, many many many people will buy it blindly