10+ Year Old Account
    - SNIP QUOTED TEXT -

Meh im not gonna do beta anymore because i don't want to know anything when the game releases

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    I'd love to know who had the brilliant idea of making the game like 1000 years or something before Skyrim, throwing away all the lore from the previous games. They could have released a book or something with the canon decisions of the previous games kind of like Dragon Age does, but no they dropped the ball on that one. If blizzard has decided to make wow an x amount of years before warcraft 3 and thrown away all that lore, wow wouldn't be the game it is today.

BTW the game has really improved since the last time i got invited to the beta 1 or 2 months ago...
    Reason they set it so earlier is so that they wouldn't have to deal with the lore.... you gotta realize they will still be making ES games but they can't have ES games at the same time as ESO for reasons
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-01-12 at 07:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    I'd love to know who had the brilliant idea of making the game like 1000 years or something before Skyrim, throwing away all the lore from the previous games. They could have released a book or something with the canon decisions of the previous games kind of like Dragon Age does, but no they dropped the ball on that one. If blizzard has decided to make wow an x amount of years before warcraft 3 and thrown away all that lore, wow wouldn't be the game it is today.

BTW the game has really improved since the last time i got invited to the beta 1 or 2 months ago...
    they try to avoid setting events in stone like that. i'm pretty sure there are only two heroes so far that have a canon race or gender. they set it at this point in history because the events in this time are not recorded, meaning it's a blank slate. also, the next elder scrolls rpg is probably gonna be the conclusion of the battle between the dominion and the empire, so i'm glad they didn't throw that away on an mmo.

btw, their customer service is shit. sent an email asking if i could change my user ID and i got a completely unrelated email in return.

Will this game have a cash shop? I assume they have 4 character slots per account, and the other must be purchased for real money?

10+ Year Old Account
    How long did it take you guys to download it? It's taking awhile for me, are there multiple patches?
    Hey everyone

It starts out with a ~22 GB chunk. After that there are several patches (IIRC two about 4 GB and maybe another two about 500 MB or so).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    It starts out with a ~22 GB chunk. After that there are several patches (IIRC two about 4 GB and maybe another two about 500 MB or so).
    Swear it kept resetting itself then, hmm I'll just leave the comp on all night and wake up early so I can play without as many people being on.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Also I think it's strange that so many people think the game should have "skyrim worthy" graphics. Do you know what happens when they do that? 1. No one will be able to play the game 2.No one will be able to install the game (too much GB) 3.If you try to play it your pc will explode in less then a second.
    'Skyrim graphics' are PS3/Xbox360 graphics. If your computer can't handle graphics intended for 8-9 year-old console hardware then maybe you should upgrade if you want to play a recently released game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Will this game have a cash shop? I assume they have 4 character slots per account, and the other must be purchased for real money?
    Google says it will have a cash shop but the sources all seem to go to the same dead link.

Deleted
    Yeah, there was a rumor about it having a cashshop because it was said in an interview but that was pretty much heard wrong. As there is some sort of cashshop but that is only for faction change/race change and that sort of things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    It's funny how everyone in the chat in game keeps bringing up WoW every once in a while and comparing it to ESO.
    Everyone does it because wow is pretty much the mmo standard in many people's views so that's why they do it.

By the way, does anyone else have the hesistation to play? I am currently wondering no every quest if I should continue because I don't really want to go further (spoiling the game) but I do want to test the game more.

It's funny how everyone in the chat in game keeps bringing up WoW every once in a while and comparing it to ESO.
    Of course they are. WoW has held almost the entire paid MMORPG market over the course of its life, for many people it defines what an MMORPG is. Witness the complaints on this forum that an MMORPG sucks because it doesn't have a WoW-esque gear treadmill and an 'end-game' consisting of running the same closed instance over and over and over.

Deleted
    The day that people finally stop referring to WoW when discussing every feature will be a happy day.
    It remains a long way off though as that's the measure of MMO's for a majority of players, and also many developers...

Deleted
    Everyone does it because wow is pretty much the mmo standard in many people's views so that's why they do it.

By the way, does anyone else have the hesistation to play? I am currently wondering no every quest if I should continue because I don't really want to go further (spoiling the game) but I do want to test the game more.
    Yes, I think that's something we can talk about... I hate testing MMO betas because on the one hand, I really want the joy of exploring the world when it's not buggy and when I can actually keep the glorious shiny things I find... on the other hand, I think I'm a decent tester and give constructive feedback both positive and negative... and I want to help get rid of the bugs and of course, it's nice to play enough to decide if you're going to buy a game or not. With GW2 I deliberately only played the very last stress test weekend so that I wouldn't spoil too much for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Non-MMO games like God of War or Dark Souls, and MMO games like TERA, are designed around that action style, with hit-boxes and hit detection and knock backs and - often controversially - an opportunity cost. Slow attacks move slower but tend to hit harder, typically reinforced by increased effects and/or sound design. Swinging a massive axe or blocking a series of attacks with a shield in TERA feels much, much different than doing the same in WoW, and much of it comes down to how combat and the animations interact.
    This is a great post, there is also another opportunity cost you touched on a little bit. It is a fact that in games like Diablo, Tera, Neverwinter and Dark Souls you are stuck in animation during the attac even if you are casting. People complained about this a lot in Neverwinter and Tera. They complained about the fact that their character was stuck on the ground during an ability even if it was melee. There needs to be some draw back in combat. It can't be completely spamming with no consequence. There needs to be risk/reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Yes, I think that's something we can talk about... I hate testing MMO betas because on the one hand, I really want the joy of exploring the world when it's not buggy and when I can actually keep the glorious shiny things I find... on the other hand, I think I'm a decent tester and give constructive feedback both positive and negative... and I want to help get rid of the bugs and of course, it's nice to play enough to decide if you're going to buy a game or not. With GW2 I deliberately only played the very last stress test weekend so that I wouldn't spoil too much for myself.
    I had that problem in GW2 that I played it so much in beta that once it released it was "meh" and I absolutely wanted to avoid this now. I have already found multiple ways to lengthen the journey or find ways to still do quests but do it as unspoiled as possible, but that doesn't feel the same.

So I am kinda wondering what I should do now as I do want to check out some features later in the game but I don't want to progress on the character and faction I am really enjoying at the moment. While I wouldn't reach what I want to do on different characters. So I am kinda wondering what I should do and if I should continue at the moment :P.

Although I could also play some Skyrim now and play teso later this evening and see how far I can still get before the servers close.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Orc's
    Orcs in TES look so different game to game. I honestly like the ESO model the best. Orcs in Obvilion look terrible.

They have come a long way with how Orcs look in ESO, this is how they looked a year ago based on one of their released videos. They went from Oblivion looking Orcs to Skyrim looking Orcs:

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ESOMaleOrc.png
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-01-12 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Orcs in TES look so different game to game. I honestly like the ESO model the best. Orcs in Obvilion looks terrible.
    Everyone looked terrible in Oblivion. I can only guess that they wanted to make models look less idealized and more realistic but instead they set up camp in the Uncanny Valley.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Of course they are. WoW has held almost the entire paid MMORPG market over the course of its life, for many people it defines what an MMORPG is. Witness the complaints on this forum that an MMORPG sucks because it doesn't have a WoW-esque gear treadmill and an 'end-game' consisting of running the same closed instance over and over and over.
    Yeah but most of the time they start saying that this game is gonna kill WoW etc... But they don't know that there really is not much of a competition and nothing would kill WoW.

Yeah but most of the time they start saying that this game is gonna kill WoW etc... But they don't know that there really is not much of a competition and nothing would kill WoW.
    They're just trolling, trying to make the chat explode.

I usually don't want to waste time in beta because I know characters get wiped. I decided if I like the game overall and then stop. If I don't like a game I play more to decide if I really like it or not. But honestly I don't believe in burn out if the game is good. I might have done WoW's starting areas like 100 times before I got burnt out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Orcs in TES look so different game to game. I honestly like the ESO model the best. Orcs in Obvilion look terrible.

They have come a long way with how Orcs look in ESO, this is how they looked a year ago based on one of their released videos. They went from Oblivion looking Orcs to Skyrim looking Orcs:

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ESOMaleOrc.png
    The Orcs in ESO seem a little bit too tame compared to what we've seen in Skyrim, from what I played around with, anyway. Like a weird middle ground.

That being said, I think Skyrim did Orcs best.

Edit: Post 666