Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well to be fair since that statement they have changed some things from the feedback they are getting. So it is going away from that style a bit.

To me though, this game should have been the ultimate fantasy sandbox, the world is setup perfectly for it.
    Yeah, my definition of WoW-style is pretty broad I guess, so they'd have to do some rather massive changes in that case. Something along lines you are suggesting (ultimate sandbox) would probably be enough to make it unique.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    EXACTLY! And they're foregoing all that for a formula that "works" (and is insanely dated and clearly does NOT work for new modern MMO's).
    Sadly, it's the suits (whom have no clue about gaming) that decide whether a game gets published or not. That's a recipe for disaster (unless you happen to like WoW-clones).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Information does seem to be scattered so I'll link what I've found so far:

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/elderscrollsonline.aspx
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Those seem to be the largest collections of information on the game that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    if you like arena and battlegrounds, go play wow.

real pvp is open world pvp, and that's going to be the case in elder scrolls. the pvp is going to be similar to the pvp system dark age of camelot had, and believe me, that game had the best pvp in a mmo until this day. arena and bgs suck ass and are incredibly boring compared to this.
    I would, but I play an Elemental Shaman...the piece of lint in a game of rock, paper, scissors. Hopefully ESO can balance structured PvP better than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Sadly, it's the suits (whom have no clue about gaming) that decide whether a game gets published or not. That's a recipe for disaster (unless you happen to like WoW-clones).
    Yeah, it's a ton of bullshit. I bet if it were an open-world RPG it would win game of the year by merit of Skyrim having existed, and rake in ridiculous sales. Sometimes companies make me wonder...

Deleted
    Well to be fair since that statement they have changed some things from the feedback they are getting. So it is going away from that style a bit.

To me though, this game should have been the ultimate fantasy sandbox, the world is setup perfectly for it.
    Actually, I don't think the world is a perfect setup for a fantasy sandbox, because it's so fleshed out and detailed. For sandbox, you better take the road of a new setting with very little specifics defined, so you can grant your players the freedom to shape the world.

real pvp is open world pvp, and that's going to be the case in elder scrolls. the pvp is going to be similar to the pvp system dark age of camelot had, and believe me, that game had the best pvp in a mmo until this day. arena and bgs suck ass and are incredibly boring compared to this.
    According to the developer podcast I just listened to there will be both world PvP and structured/instanced PvP. Options are good my friend, it's nothing to be scared of.

I honestly think ESO is going to end up being a hybrid of sandbox and theme park. I think we'll see elements of both. I think they'll give us a lot of freedom to play how we want while at the same time providing more direction for those that want it. For example, the devs are providing a compass that will alert you to points of interest as you get close to them. However, you'll be able to turn it off if you don't want to use it.

I just hope they have a good open system for making interesting builds. One of the key things I have always enjoyed about TES is that you can get very creative with your builds. Sure, some are not huge powerhouses, but they open up interesting play styles. I also hope that they have interesting and balanced crafting. I enjoy TES crafting, but it has never been balanced.

I honestly hope the game wont be to gear-focused or lvling orientented, and if lvling is inn it, let it be fast with a steep and progressive learning curve that atleast tries to tell you some sort of story.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The devs stated that players should reach level 50 after approximately 120 hours of play. But it will take much longer to max out all your other stats.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2012-12-09 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

"I hate when other people enjoy stuff that I don't" is all I got from that. Also yeah, I hope there are lots of options and avenues for PvP character progression! Variety is the spice of life.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Now what happens once you max all stats ... Heavy armored caster with godly two hander skills with ability to sneak under your nose ? There seem to be classes ... I am curisous about limitations of those.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Now what happens once you max all stats ... Heavy armored caster with godly two hander skills with ability to sneak under your nose ? There seem to be classes ... I am curisous about limitations of those.
    Heavy armored stealth ranger with summons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    The devs stated that players should reach level 80 after approximately 120 hours of play. But it will take much longer to max out all your other stats.
    so level cap is 80? Since the numbers grow exponentially for each level we will see high numbers and I'm not really fan of high numbers when it comes to damage or health pool. I would say lvl cap of 50 is much better to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    So they've already admitted they are going for the WoW-style?
    No it's Elder Scroll style.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No it's Elder Scroll style.
    In the way it looks? Yeah it looks like an elder scrolls game. From what I've read about the mechanics of the game it certainly doesn't seem like one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    so level cap is 80? Since the numbers grow exponentially for each level we will see high numbers and I'm not really fan of high numbers when it comes to damage or health pool. I would say lvl cap of 50 is much better to start.
    So sorry, that was a typo. The level cap is not 80. I'll edit my post. Thanks for catching that.

In the way it looks? Yeah it looks like an elder scrolls game. From what I've read about the mechanics of the game it certainly doesn't seem like one though.
    How? Left click is attack, hold it to do a power attack that drains stamina, you can sprint, roll, dodge, right click is block, moving the mouse moves the camera, when you level up you can put a point in stamina, magika or health and you can get perks as well...how is that not like an Elder scrolls game?

Deleted
    Here's a nice comprehensive "what to like" about TES:O
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8luBc0X3vIg

I think the worst thing of our time is the advent of youtube reviews where you have to listen to tedious 21 minute commentaries instead of transcripts that you can skim over and pick out the useful info. Man, I feel like an old man.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.