Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I disagree the UI is irrelevant to some players. For some, it is critical and why pay for a game...sub and then wait for modders to come up hopefully with one you like? Dumb.
    The problem with this is that not everyone will like a certain style of UI, so it is impossible for a developer to please everyone with the UI. So the best they can do is give it modding capability so people can set it up as the like. What you like, is what someone else might hate. Which is why this is one of those concerns that makes no sense.

And yeah, game breaking bugs are critical to fix. And for a side note. SWTOR played smoothly for me even with all the settings to max. But I do know it was a concern for some. One of my big complaints about it was the feeling you were on a rail in the game. Did not have the freedom to explore like you can in most other MMO's. But that was only one of many. The UI however was never a concern for me. Even today, I love how you can customize it in SWTOR.
    SWTOR didn't launch with UI customization. Also, SWTOR had optimization issues especially in bigger groups, it was one of the biggest complaints on the beta forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    the minimal UI is a strength of the game in my opinion

the game has the potential of being the most immersive mmo to date and a large part of that is the minimal UI
    Agreed. It's sad how accustomed I've become to seeing the actual game in a small box that is maybe half of the screen with the remaining half being various parts of the UI.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    The problem with this is that not everyone will like a certain style of UI, so it is impossible for a developer to please everyone with the UI. So the best they can do is give it modding capability so people can set it up as the like. What you like, is what someone else might hate. Which is why this is one of those concerns that makes no sense.

SWTOR didn't launch with UI customization. Also, SWTOR had optimization issues especially in bigger groups, it was one of the biggest complaints on the beta forums.

Which is why they need to launch up to the present day MMO standard. Even Rift has a nice customizing UI. Those who like to keep their UI minimal, can. And those who want say a mini map, floating combat text and more control options for the their chars , etc can have that too if they want. I think GW's UI does a good job of keeping the UI minimal , but yet at the same time gives the player more info should they desire that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Agreed. It's sad how accustomed I've become to seeing the actual game in a small box that is maybe half of the screen with the remaining half being various parts of the UI.
    And what would be wrong with giving you that option to play that way and others options to show more info with the UI? Both would be happy.

Which is why they need to launch up to the present day MMO standard.
    The standard which is like 10 years old.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Ahh thank you. I thought that there are peps who can play 24/7.

There are. It's just the NDA.......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    the minimal UI is a strength of the game in my opinion

the game has the potential of being the most immersive mmo to date and a large part of that is the minimal UI
    Minimal UI is a strength, as long as it doesn't induce some gameplay minimization. And <NDA>. ;_;

Deleted
    Confirmed on twitter that the media NDA is lifting tomorrow morning at 10am (two hours before the beta starts), but that the public NDA will still be in place at that time. I know a number of popular youtubers were in the media weekend so it shouldn't just be big name written reviews, we should see some first impressions and gameplay videos.

Deleted
    Yessssssss #happyduck

- - - Updated - - -

Yessssssss #happyduck
    Thanks for the info by the way.

So this weekend we will be bombarded with ESO news.

15+ Year Old Account
    So this weekend we will be bombarded with ESO news.
    Anagram:
    EBR-NEWS: This weekend ESO will bomb dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Anagram:
    Pretty sure that isn't an anagram, and even if it was it is a bad one.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-02-06 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    eh, I keep getting this error every once in a while ''''Webget Request failed''''

then the download stops... then I have to stop it again, reboot, then it continues until the problem comes back again.
    Anyone else experienced this? :S
    YES ME!!! There isn't much time left and I can't find anyone who knows how to fix it! Did you find a solution?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Anagram:
    Just to let you know the NSA is probably on the way.

Guys, I just finished the download for beta (About 25 GB's?) inn like 6-8 hours, not bad really! With a decent 17/3.30 or so speed from my net.

Anywho, is this beta trough friday to Sunday, ending at Monday, or is this beta now until launch?

...Hope it will be fun to play it! Going completely blind into it, but a few youtube videos and from this forum. Not exspecting much, but I hope it can be a fun weekend.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Guys, I just finished the download for beta (About 25 GB's?) inn like 6-8 hours, not bad really! With a decent 17/3.30 or so speed from my net.

Anywho, is this beta trough friday to Sunday, ending at Monday, or is this beta now until launch?

...Hope it will be fun to play it! Going completely blind into it, but a few youtube videos and from this forum. Not exspecting much, but I hope it can be a fun weekend.
    Just for this weekend I believe, it will be a stress test so expect lots of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    The announcement says until end of day Monday (11:59 PM, East Coast US time)
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that isn't an anagram, and even if it was it is a bad one.
    Bad? Yes.
    Anagram? Definitely!

i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The standard which is like 10 years old.
    So wrong. WoW has added many UI improvements and options over the years. Rift, I am not sure if it launched with customizations like they have now for the UI or not
    But is not 10 years old. SWTOR added it later. GW2 launched with one. It is pretty much standard now in MMO's to have several UI options to show or not show many elements of game play. But it was not a standard for MMO's 10 years ago. There were some options of course, but not to the degree we have now.

I have the feeling it is not being done with ESO because they rather rely on others to do their work for them.

So wrong. WoW has added many UI improvements and options over the years. Rift, I am not sure if it launched with customizations like they have now for the UI or not
    But is not 10 years old. SWTOR added it later. GW2 launched with one. It is pretty much standard now in MMO's to have several UI options to show or not show many elements of game play. But it was not a standard for MMO's 10 years ago. There were some options of course, but not to the degree we have now.

I have the feeling it is not being done with ESO because they rather rely on others to do their work for them.
    Really? Its been a long time, but I remember there is no customization at lauch for GW2 UI, outside of making the map bigger, or if you count keybinding as customization... the rest of UI was set, couldnt move or change anything.

Now if you talk strickly about damage numbers, maybe. But the UI wasnt customizable as far as I remember.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeh I don't think GW2 UI was customizable. You could only change the general scale of the UI between small and large, but that's about it. Unless I'm wrong of course