10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiurys View Post
    I had fully downloaded the client yesterday and I just opened it now (just because) and it started downloading a ~50mb patch. Anyone confirm?
    I got the patch but it won't completely download just stays at 60% and redownloads everytime i open the browser
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

No traditional open beta, so if you want to play the game better get a hold of a Curse key right now, or there will be several other beta events in the future. If you are signed up for beta you will be invited.

WILL THERE BE AN OPEN BETA?

We will not be holding a traditional open beta, but if you sign up to participate in the ESO beta prior to launch and are eligible per our Terms of Service, you will get an invite to a future beta event. We will be holding several very large beta sessions that include beta key giveaway promotions before the game launches. Please make sure to sign up for beta if you have not yet done so: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/beta
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/...etail/a_id/737

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    No traditional open beta, so if you want to play the game better get a hold of a Curse key right now, or there will be several other beta events in the future. If you are signed up for beta you will be invited.

Hmm... that's..... disconcerting. I wonder if that means we also won't be seeing a release of the NDA for the public.

Damn! No Open Beta! What are they thinking?? Does that mean they will never lift the NDA?

What I think they will do is have weekend betas every week a month before launch and lift NDA then. I think they want people to sign up to their site now, instead of walking in on the last day and getting access to open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Damn! No Open Beta! What are they thinking?? Does that mean they will never lift the NDA?
    It doesn't matter if they lift the NDA or not, it will leak like a sieve.

just don't understand their thinking, the NDA does far more harm to them than good at this point

Well, this is disapointing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Really? Its been a long time, but I remember there is no customization at lauch for GW2 UI, outside of making the map bigger, or if you count keybinding as customization... the rest of UI was set, couldnt move or change anything.

Now if you talk strickly about damage numbers, maybe. But the UI wasnt customizable as far as I remember.
    The UI in GW2 is not customizable like it is in Rift, SWTOR, etc. But there are several UI options on what you want to display and even a UI scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The UI in GW2 is not customizable like it is in Rift, SWTOR, etc. But there are several UI options on what you want to display and even a UI scale.
    Huh if you are looking for stuff like that, it exists in ESO, I am pretty sure. But those are pretty low standards.

There's gonna be lots of leaking this beta.

You can't possibly control 1 million+ people from leaking stuff.

Stuff is gonna get out there.

I would be shocked if they don't lift NDA by March, then against this is ZoS they have done some pretty stupid things.

10+ Year Old Account
    What options? If you want to change it you have to use addons right? Haven't played the game seriously in years so I might be missing something.
    Under Interface in the options section, there are a lot things to click on or off and adjust, etc. What you want to display for your char, etc. Even a option to not show the mini-map. Several of those were not in the game at launch. You can if you choose to, only have one action bar to show on the UI. Raid frames have been added and improved upon. No addons are needed, at least for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be shocked if they don't lift NDA by March, then against this is ZoS they have done some pretty stupid things.
    A shame. /10char
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh if you are looking for stuff like that, it exists in ESO, I am pretty sure. But those are pretty low standards.
    GW2 has a mini map. You can choose to not use it if you want however. And also a option to display floating combat text or not. Plus a combat log. Many other options. Some I am sure ESO does not have. You can have a too much slim UI. Some players want the info to be displayed.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-02-07 at 02:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edge- View Post
    yay, finally got into the beta. Time to download the game and give it a shot this weekend.
    Edge! NDA ALERT!

confidential information[/i] includes, but is not limited to, all information relating to the beta trial, your selection as a beta trial participant, the game (including but not limited to information and ideas relating to the game, (...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    Edge! NDA ALERT!
    I feel like we've been down this road before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I feel like we've been down this road before.
    yes with him back when beta went out and people got banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a vague recollection of a tweet from Zenimax saying it was ok to mention you had got into beta (contradictory to the NDA), some time after the first big beta event.

It's possible I'm thinking of a different beta though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I have a vague recollection of a tweet from Zenimax saying it was ok to mention you had got into beta (contradictory to the NDA), some time after the first big beta event.

It's possible I'm thinking of a different beta though.
    They said it's okay to mention you are in the beta on their forums, not elsewhere though. But honestly, I think we're beyond that at this point.