I've played it for around 100 hours (previous beta tests included)

It's getting better and better and is very promising imo.

I'm just concerned about the endgame content, because it might fall flat on its face if it doesn't deliver and be a masterwork if it DOES deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Please realize this is your opinion, to me GW2 already looks dated and honestly looks almost as old as GW1 at this point. Granted it looked nice at launch, it already looks dated.
    Guild Wars II dated? Wat? It looks very current. I'd say Guild Wars II rivals in terms of graphics ESO. They look good in a similar way. Although ESO seems to go for a bit more primitive look in say compared to GWII and WoW.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    I agree not all the textures are amazing, but I guess it's just me not looking for a next-gen title when it came to this game. I was hoping it would look like Elder Scrolls, and not horribly cartoony, and I'm pleased it came through in that regard.
    GW2 is beautiful and has a nice artistic flare. They're two different games (stylistically), though. They also aren't littering the scenes with small objects like books, crates, food, etc. It's mostly just BG/scenery and character models, so they can try and get away with a little more.
    Though, really, it comes down to taste and opinion in the end, I fear
    I think the Guild Wars 2 reference is being looked at too hard here and not the main issue, so maybe I should have left it out. If for example TESO was given to a group of modders who just replaced the textures... TESO would look fantastic, it would look next gen. Just the texture resolution/quality.... well and the moving water, it really is an immersion killer for me seeing the moving water in TESO (waterfalls, prime example).

The step to making it look graphically better (still not perfect of course, but a lot better) is texture replacement... They are so low res it makes the game look really bad when you're up close to anything, especially in first person view (as Elder Scrolls are meant to be played).
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Well I suppose if you are looking for The Division type graphics then yeah it would look dated compared to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Guild Wars II dated? Wat? It looks very current. I'd say Guild Wars II rivals in terms of graphics ESO. They look good in a similar way. Although ESO seems to go for a bit more primitive look in say compared to GWII and WoW.
    I think ESO will feel dated too actually, Skyrim does a little bit. I do think GW2 is starting to look a lot like GW1. Watch the video below, visual the GW2 UI and GW2 character model and tell me if there is really any difference.

http://youtu.be/rhQDDa4wW4U?t=6m46s
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-02-08 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    To me, this is a better First impression. The guy has valid negative and valid positive to say, and more important, he played more than just the 5 first level. Its a game problem that its slow until you reach the 3rd zone, they should have done it better.
    Bill Murphy nails it again. If there's one message we can take away from his assessment: GIVE IT TIME! The game might not click with you right away, but there is enough flexibility here for you to find a playstyle you like. If you're hopping into the beta for the first time this weekend (or resuming from the last one) atleast try to experience the post-level 10 content, experiment with weapons, explore, but don't race through everything. It's about the journey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think ESO will feel dated too actually, Skyrim does a little bit. I do think GW2 is starting to look a lot like GW1 actually. Watch the video below, visual the GW2 UI and GW2 character model and tell me if there is really any difference.

Before I answer. What kind of difference? I'm being serious here, I want to give a fair criticism here.

GIVE IT TIME!

SLOW DOWN!!!!

LIFE IS TO BE SAVORED!!!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Because you aren't role playing a pet or mount for hours and hours and hours. Does your pet or mount have racial abilities?
    meh, racial abilities are overrated. The ones I've seen are like 4% additional health regen as a passive, 15% xp boost to a skill and maybe an ultimate skill (that fills the ultimate slot... replacing another skill...any argonian slotting histkin isn't likely gonna go far.

As a fan of Age of Conan, give it time is not really an option for a mainstream mmo. You have one chance to make an impression, there is no real recovery from a bad one.

I don't want to make this a game vs. game thread, but I was on the WildStar bandwagon and made the switch recently to ESO based on experience. Let us leave it at that.
    I wanted to be into Wildstar but just can't find it in me to do it. Something about it is just unappealing to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    As a fan of Age of Conan, give it time is not really an option for a mainstream mmo. You have one chance to make an impression, there is no real recovery from a bad one.
    Age of Conan's biggest problem was that it was a comp killer. Granted, there were plenty of gameplay issues as well, but the biggest issue it had was the strain it put on most computers.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Age of Conan's biggest problem was that it was a comp killer. Granted, there were plenty of gameplay issues as well, but the biggest issue it had was the strain it put on most computers.
    well the point I was trying to make was that a bad launch and impression, and AoC is a poster child for that, can really "kill" the game. AoC nowadays is great (except for the really low population) but it never recovered from its launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That's the problem I had with it. If I can't play a game at 60 fps, I won't play it. And at the time, I was lucky to push 25 on AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Elder Scrolls games have always been about impressive visuals, Guild Wars 2 proves that an mmo game can have high quality modern visuals. All they needed to do was include decent quality textures and better looking water textures (especially moving water) the game would look so much better, the engine itself is pretty up to date. If people lack the computer power to use those textures in busy areas then they can turn them down.

The texture quality is really really low, it looks great at a medium/long distance but coming up close to anything looks terrible. Looking at a piece of paper with writing on it placed on a table, so low resolution its like looking at a paper shaped blob with black ink coloured blobs on it...

If it had better quality textures and the water was improved it would be a great looking game by any standards. The MMO excuse is a pretty poor one.

This needs to stop. People are looking at this game expecting it to be the next step in the ES and it isn't. It's an alternative game, it isn't the next ES singleplayer experience. Every time a new ES game is announced, we always expect it to be the next generation of visuals. We expect it to look ages ahead of its predecessor. Morrowind -> Oblivion. Oblivion - >Skyrim. Yeah each game looks a ton better than the last but we're talking about a MMO here. MMOs have to render dozens to hundreds of players at once. Even so, if the game had next gen graphics, in 5 years it'd look outdated. The game uses stylized graphics. This lets it stay visually relevant without a few years passing and the standard having been raised causing the MMO to look like crap. Stylized graphics preserves the visual quality and allows system performance requirements to be minimal. It doesn't need to look like the next Crysis game!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Before I answer. What kind of difference? I'm being serious here, I want to give a fair criticism here.
    If you told someone with passing knowledge that the world they were looking at was GW2 they would believe you. Because I would believe it. I am not saying it is bad, but it isn't as Bigbazz is hyping it up to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think ESO will feel dated too actually, Skyrim does a little bit. I do think GW2 is starting to look a lot like GW1. Watch the video below, visual the GW2 UI and GW2 character model and tell me if there is really any difference.

That's not GW2???

/mindblown

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    That's not GW2???
    Nope!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    That's not GW2???

/mindblown
    See that, case closed.

What I have got from a certain forum:

There is no minimap;
    There are no subtitles;
    The chat rejects everything outside some subset of Latin-1, you cannot even type šžðþ, leave aside Greek and Cyrillic.

The game is officially junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    If I can't play a game at 60 fps
    You're a fucking retard.

Please post respectfully and productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-02-08 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See that, case closed.

Perhaps it's just me but I knew it didn't look like GWII. But often in this gaming community I'm a pariah I'm the gamer you deserve!

Warrior-Magi