Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Considering the fight they had with Interplay over an Elder Scrolls MMO last year, the fact that they have announced this strikes me as one of two possibilities;

- Interplay had a good idea, lets toss an MMO together!

- Let's toss an MMO together!

Neither possibility spells any sort of quality addition to the hallowed Elder Scrolls franchise. I can't understand why they would even do this, Elder Scrolls is a hugely popular series, but it is so niche that one bad game could very easily kill the franchise.
    That was Fallout. Interplay has nothing to do with TES.

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    Going to be one buggy ride! But I definitely will give it a try
    Bethesda isn't making it are they?

Knowing all the balance issues they've had ever since the beginning I can only dread of thinking how they manage to balance an MMO...
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    So your assessment of gaming is that console games are released 100% finished and bug free?
    yes, in fact, console games are 100% finished and (compared to pc games) bug free. at least they were up til this 7th generation of consoles, my blame lies with microsoft for the most part.

don't misunderstand, I fully enjoy MANY pc games (mostly ones like civ, age of empires, arcanum and MMOs) but I dislike the current trend of having games as merely a "platform" for mods.
    Last edited by lavafoxx; 2012-05-03 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    This highly intrigues me.
    I think this is the best way to describe it for me as well... really wonder how this will work out. I'd love to see this game be a success, but my hopes aren't very high. I just... don't see how they can make an MMO that stays true to TES but is also fun, because it needs to have both of those in spades. Hell, then again I'll probably end up buying it just because it's Elder Scrolls...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    yes, in fact, console games are 100% finished and (compared to pc games) bug free. at least they were up til this 7th generation of consoles, my blame lies with microsoft for the most part.

Oh okay, so I'll just buy Skyrim for Xbox then. That way I'm getting 100% of the game. How about responding to the rest of my post and explain where you need "gigs of mods" to fully experience Skyrim?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMedicine View Post
    And it ended terribly for Blizzard, didn't it? All those millions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Did you just say WoW was not a good idea.....GTFO.

EDIT: /MEGAFACEPALM
    You glanced at my post, did not even bother reading it again to make sure that what I said and what you thought I said were the same thing, and rushed to post useless sarcasm. You guys must be fun during dinner and get-togethers.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    I just want to see the core plans for the game, it has the chance to be epic but at the same time if its not 100% right will leave so many fans pissed, it's going to be interesting to see what they have planned for the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh okay, so I'll just buy Skyrim for Xbox then. That way I'm getting 100% of the game. How about responding to the rest of my post and explain where you need "gigs of mods" to fully experience Skyrim?
    ignoring half my post JUST so you can attempt to argue me into a corner? tisk tisk, ain't gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I just want to see the core plans for the game, it has the chance to be epic but at the same time if its not 100% right will leave so many fans pissed, it's going to be interesting to see what they have planned for the game.
    Same, they have all the resources in there , they can create something very big and awesome, so we will see.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    ignoring half my post JUST so you can attempt to argue me into a corner? tisk tisk, ain't gonna happen.
    Oh right, I'm supposed to catch your edits. Face it, you made a hyperbolic statement that has hardly a shred of truth to it and got called out. As for your argument of the 7th gen consoles suddenly becoming "lazy", have you not realized the prevalence of high speed internet? All platforms now can be PATCHED wirelessly.

You mentioned a few RTS games and MMOs for PC that are good enough for your critical opinion. First, how would an RTS be released unfinished and require player modding? What kind of MMO would require player modding (for actual content)? Like I said before *think* about your posts.

And now that you're done immaturely deflecting, explain to me where "gigs of mods" are needed for Skyrim.

EDIT: If you don't respond to this edit you "lose" the debate lololol

Deleted
    Game Informer executive editor Andrew Reiner via Twitter ''We have 12 pages of Elder Scrolls Online content in the June issue and a full month of online coverage locked and loaded.''

pretty sweet, 12 pages of Info, release date schedule for next year btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was Fallout. Interplay has nothing to do with TES.
    Your right, my bad! Pooping my opinion out before the end of lunch break!

Regardless, my opinion that this is a bad use of the franchise stands.

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Game Informer executive editor Andrew Reiner via Twitter ''We have 12 pages of Elder Scrolls Online content in the June issue and a full month of online coverage locked and loaded.''

pretty sweet, 12 pages of Info, release date schedule for next year btw.
    12 pages of info in Game Informer can be anything from a 1 page article with 11 pages, 3-4 screenshots each. To a foldout poster (counts as 6 pages) with half that content.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

15+ Year Old Account
    To everyone freaking out about this being the end of single player TES, please read again.

This is being developed by ZeniMax Online and NOT Bethesda Game Studios (although I'm sure they kept in contact). They've been working on this since 2007 at the same time BGS was doing Skyrim. This isn't the end to the TES series as we know it.

So fret not little ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    12 pages of info in Game Informer can be anything from a 1 page article with 11 pages, 3-4 screenshots each. To a foldout poster (counts as 6 pages) with half that content.
    True, but he does also say they have a ''full month of online coverage'' so I guess they have had some sort of hands on, it seems that magazine has all the exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    it will be awesome if it's elderscrolls combat.

if it's WoW combat.............. please, just don't
    Sheathe your weapon to cast the 'big badaboom' spell, then equip it again?

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I like the 'all of Tamriel' idea, I hate the MMO idea. I had so hoped it would be the classic Elder Scrolls combat system, but the world just isn't that nice to us. Definately prefer my single player Elder Scrolls to this idea.

Here we go guys, the next ''WoW killer''. And with WoW killer I mean the next MMO which people say will kill WoW but will be underwhelming and overhyped and after half a year everyone will be like ''What MMO?''.
    It's amazing how frequently history repeats itself in the MMO world, isn't it? I actually find it amazing we made it 3 pages before someone had to say (albeit jokingly... I think) WoW killer!

I don't even want to think about "balance" for this game. The bugs, dear god the bugs...
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-05-03 at 06:45 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxron View Post
    To everyone freaking out about this being the end of single player TES, please read again.

This is being developed by ZeniMax Online and NOT Bethesda Game Studios (although I'm sure they kept in contact). They've been working on this since 2007 at the same time BGS was doing Skyrim. This isn't the end to the TES series as we know it.

So fret not little ones.
    I think the main concern is the scope of the multiplayer game. If Elder Scrolls Online contains all of Tamriel, why would people be hyped to buy a game from Bethesda a few years after its release containing say just Valenwood? It's not a death blow to the series by any means, but I think people are worried it will spoil the magic of it.

Imagine if Blizzard made a single player RPG out of The Barrens. Actually, nevermind, that could be cool.

Deleted
    Was scared for a while, but then I realized it's not Bethesda that will make the game, meaning this won't replace another, proper, Elder Scrolls game.

I expect ye olde, general, bland licence MMO, that I most likely won't have any interest in what so ever. I could be wrong though. As long as it doesn't disturb the future ES6, I couldn't care less.

"something fans have long said they wanted"

Nooooo. People wanted a co-op experience in their elder scrolls game, not another mmo. For years and years the TES community have been asking them specifically about a co-op feature and then finally they are like "Sure, we'll make it into an MMO!" Gadamnit...