Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Just to give a general idea how screwed the UI is: to loot a mob, you need to move the mouse down to look at the corpse, press 'E' key (why 'E'?), than the third 'R' key, to loot those 2 gp the mob has. So much useless actions here...
    You must be running out of things to complain if you have to bring up the loot keys LOL. Not to mention that AOE loot is on by default, completely customizable to whatever keybind, and it takes the same amount of clicks/presses as other games. But please keep making these posts, they only make you more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    You must have been running with an unfortunate group.

I main tanked/and DPS'd for all three dungeons. Sword'N Shield for the low level Taunt, and for my Lifesteal/Evasion abilities on harder hitting mobs. And then...I had my DW for my more burst damage rotation with stuns for when I didn't need the extra tankyness.

I also ran with a group that did 2DPS/Healer Hybrids. Play around with it...obviously more talented players are going to have more options when playing. The Standard bread n' butter H, T, x2 DPS isn't what this game is about.

Mind ya...this is all early game shenanigans. I'm sure there will be an optimal "tank" for different end game fights. It seems that DK's have the overall best kit for tanking hard hitting mobs...but who knows! We'll just have to wait and see.
    The lower level content does not require trinity, later on pretty much most (not all) instances it will require the trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    Useless complaint, there is auto loot so you can only press E and loot if necessary.
    Look at who you are responding to

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Look at who you are responding to
    The sad thing is even with the 1000 complaints people like him will 100% buy the game then complaint about it after they buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is true what you saying, that the community for WoW helped to create some better UI features as time went by. But overall WoW's UI was nice for myself when released. It got better later sure. But the standard UI was still nice and I played without any addones or mods to it. Still do today. And do not say you can not raid without addons, because you can and several do. Not at the heroic level maybe for most, but it can still be done. Ghostcrawler for one did as a healer.
    It may have been nice for you, but it was shitty for others. In fact, they're raid frames are still shit. These are all of how they were good for you. But we're not just talking about you. You're telling me how ESO's UI will turn off OTHERS.

STWOR has a excellent UI. Did at launch IMO. I did not quit playing SWTOR because of UI issues. It has at present the best customizable UI there is.
    The UI wasn't customizable at launch. And plenty of people absolutely HATED the TOR UI before they allowed for customization.

ESO's UI is seriously lacking. At the point it will be a big turnoff to many PC players and is. And the UI of a MMO is a very important element of any game. Make it too lacking of game play info and many will not play. That is why it would be wise to allow options. Those who want a min amount of info can select it. The control scheme is another turn off for many. But hey, those who like it how it is now, buy it and have fun.
    The UI isn't lacking anything of importance to an MMO outside of the buff/debuff bar. Other than that, there is nothing the game UI absolutely NEEDS.

- - - Updated - - -

Useless complaint, there is auto loot so you can only press E and loot if necessary.
    The one thing I don't like about auto-loot is that it doesn't give you anything indication of what you actually looted. It annoyed me to the point that I turned it back off and just looted normally. Although pressing "E" and then "R" isn't that big of a deal. They're right next to each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Sorry you're wrong. ESO has trinity. You will wipe endlessly in dungeons if you do not have a tank and a healer.
    Actually, they've already said you don't HAVE to run with a tank AND a healer. But it would be best to have both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    Id like to see him raid heal, without the "Grid kinda health bars" that they introduced just a couple years ago.

But besides that... what is it that people (i guess my question goes specifically to you) dont like about the UI in Eso?
    I actually raided early until early Wrath with just those shitty raid frames. It wasn't until ToCr that I switched to using Grid.

I have been in almost every Beta for ESO and i gotta say. The only thing that holds me back from buying it when it launches is the lack of native controller support. I have no interest in downloading a extra program (that may cost me more money) just to have a half ass'ed controller experience for a game that was build from the ground up with controllers in mind. I liked the UI, enjoyed the stories, thought the crafting was cool and how the character progression was (although i think they need to work on it a bit. Felt way to slow). But the controls of the game feel clunky and are rather annoying, which all could be fixed (for me) with a controller.

The thing that is sad. The two excuses i was given from the support staff when i asked about it were. They wanted to keep the competitive spirit for pvp so everyone was using the same controls and I could just use 3rd party software to emulate the mouse and Keyboard on a controller. (which is pretty much in direct conflict with their first reason.) That's my thoughts on the matter and unless the controller support thing changes, I most likely will not be buying ESO. (was getting the collectors edition.)

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Actually, they've already said you don't HAVE to run with a tank AND a healer. But it would be best to have both.
    Did the devs say that? If they did, they probably referred to low level dungeons only.

Looking at the class skills in more detail (public information, no NDA breaking) , I'm kind of sceptical of the whole freedom of builds. The best tank will still be sword-and-shield and heavy plate dragonknight. The best healer will be templar with resto staff. I worry that endgame PVE or PVP the min-maxing will render most of the fun or whacky builds obsolete, and everyone will end up being one or two cookie-cutter specs.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsBeard View Post
    I have been in almost every Beta for ESO and i gotta say. The only thing that holds me back from buying it when it launches is the lack of native controller support. I have no interest in downloading a extra program (that may cost me more money) just to have a half ass'ed controller experience for a game that was build from the ground up with controllers in mind.
    Isn't Xpadder free? And if you insist in using a controller, why not just buy the PS4/XBONE version? Not only you'll get the native controller support you want, you will also play ESO comfortably on your couch.
    Last edited by corebit; 2014-02-12 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsBeard View Post
    The thing that is sad. The two excuses i was given from the support staff when i asked about it were. They wanted to keep the competitive spirit for pvp so everyone was using the same controls and I could just use 3rd party software to emulate the mouse and Keyboard on a controller. (which is pretty much in direct conflict with their first reason.) That's my thoughts on the matter and unless the controller support thing changes, I most likely will not be buying ESO. (was getting the collectors edition.)
    The real reason is probably the fact controller support for PC would take time to do and they don't want to make promises to deliver that yet. I can see it come eventually after the console version of the game launches.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Unless people are doing something specialized like speed clears, they will use the trinity if possible. People will utilize the path of least resistance and a tank and healer provide that.

Force gives a basic overview of Crafting:

Very good video to introduce the basics. I do believe ESO crafting has tremendous potential, but the end product needs a little bit more randomness on other stats, improved by the crafter's skill level, so dedicated crafters get rewarded for their efforts for making a truely unique item. A good game to learn from would be SWG, they had one of the most indepth crafting system in an MMO.

Deleted
    Why exactly would you play TESO on a PC with a pad? What in it's controls is different from any similar game? It's got normal mouselook, normal WSAD, you use skills normally... I'm not sure why it would be better with a pad. Anyone care to explain?

Deleted
    You must be running out of things to complain if you have to bring up the loot keys LOL. Not to mention that AOE loot is on by default, completely customizable to whatever keybind, and it takes the same amount of clicks/presses as other games. But please keep making these posts, they only make you more ridiculous.
    Tackhissis has been complaining about everything and anything about this game for weeks. I wonder why he even plays the beta if he thinks it's such a bad game, probably to find more things to complain about.

Did the devs say that? If they did, they probably referred to low level dungeons only.

Looking at the class skills in more detail (public information, no NDA breaking) , I'm kind of sceptical of the whole freedom of builds. The best tank will still be sword-and-shield and heavy plate dragonknight. The best healer will be templar with resto staff. I worry that endgame PVE or PVP the min-maxing will render most of the fun or whacky builds obsolete, and everyone will end up being one or two cookie-cutter specs.

Isn't Xpadder free? And if you insist in using a controller, why not just buy the PS4/XBONE version? Not only you'll get the native controller support you want, you will also play ESO comfortably on your couch.
    I did say "that may cost me more money" so if Xpadder is free doesn't matter. it's still not real controller support. And i currently don't own a PS4 or an XboxOne. So I can't simply just play it on the console without spending a bunch of extra money i don't have. It's one thing to pay a monthly fee but to drop 500$ at the cheapest, i can't just do. (Even more so, because it wouldn't make sense to buy a console that doesn't have games i want just to play an MMO that is also on PC.)

The real reason is probably the fact controller support for PC would take time to do and they don't want to make promises to deliver that yet. I can see it come eventually after the console version of the game launches.

That's not a good excuse. The games are not being developed from the ground up on each platform. They are already doing the work for the controllers on the console versions. It's not that hard to make them work on the PC version as well.
    Last edited by DragonsBeard; 2014-02-12 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    I got my beta key 3 days ago and i just learned it was a 'hardware stress test' for their servers. I feel stupid.
    Anyway we had the chance to see the game and decide whether we buy it or not.
    I understand this is not a constructive post, but this game will fail bad.
    God bless Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Just to give a general idea how screwed the UI is: to loot a mob, you need to move the mouse down to look at the corpse, press 'E' key (why 'E'?), than the third 'R' key, to loot those 2 gp the mob has. So much useless actions here...
    you really can find anything and everything to complain about cant you? they did this because they wanted to keep the tes feel of loot, you could of changed it in the options if you werent too busy trolling

I think it's definitely going to be interesting seeing how things turn out in group content. I can see the borders of the trinity becoming a bit fuzzy. The way the skill trees are set up I can see everyone being a bit hybridy, using combinations of class and equipment abilities to cover a couple of areas as needed.

Really the trinity is a duality, with certain amounts of defensive and offensive abilities being needed. Or maybe it's a quadrology, with defense split into restoration and mitigation whilst offensive splits between ranged and melee, with buffing, debuffing, crowd control and area of effect attacks providing support for the main four roles.

It makes sense to have one character handle mitigation, one for restoration and often in MMOs the damage roles are interchangeable, hence the trinity, though even in WoW there is a tendency for discrepancies between the two DPS camps and particularly in vanilla content there was often a need, or at least a use, for off-tanks and healers.

The leveling system allows you to be very flexible in what your character can do, and the limits of the skill slots allow this without making higher level characters massively overpowered. Depending on how the high end content is balanced we may end up with a situation where, rather than deciding on what tools we need to beat an encounter, we can look at the tools available and decide how the encounter can best be handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasos View Post
    God bless Wow.
    Don't take games too seriously now. Glad your first actual post was on this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Force gives a basic overview of Crafting:

Very good video to introduce the basics. I do believe ESO crafting has tremendous potential, but the end product needs a little bit more randomness on other stats, improved by the crafter's skill level, so dedicated crafters get rewarded for their efforts for making a truely unique item. A good game to learn from would be SWG, they had one of the most indepth crafting system in an MMO.
    Yeah crafting is actually good and has a lot of depth to it, crafters will be impressed.

Me and my brother played the beta quite a bit this weekend. We made several characters of the various factions and classes to try out all of the starting areas and combinations that we could. For the most part, as fans of TES series, we really enjoyed the game and are considering buying it. The only thing that might prevent us from doing so are the significant number of bugs still present in the game.

At several times we ran into progress stopping bugs involving quests. We also often had to /reloadui due to various UI bugs where we would get stuck at an NPC and couldn't interact with them or move away from them. These were all frustrating, but one of the most frustrating was when we were grouped but still phased from each other. Now, I understand the "megaserver" and what it does, but we shouldn't be phased from each other while in the same group or while on each others friends list. It wasn't a matter of being on different quests/parts of quests or whatever, we would be on the exact same quests and steps on each quests. We could log out in the exact same spot, and when we log back in not be able to see each other except for an arrow showing each others locations. If there is a fix for that then awesome, but we could not figure anything out to fix it.

If the bugs can get sorted out, I can guarantee we will play. We both really enjoyed ourselves... when the game worked properly. The only concern we have is how close the game is to release and how many bugs still exist. Yes, we are both aware it is beta and it was a stress test weekend. But it is still really close to launch and there are many things that need to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adynos View Post
    Me and my brother played the beta quite a bit this weekend. We made several characters of the various factions and classes to try out all of the starting areas and combinations that we could. For the most part, as fans of TES series, we really enjoyed the game and are considering buying it. The only thing that might prevent us from doing so are the significant number of bugs still present in the game.

At several times we ran into progress stopping bugs involving quests. We also often had to /reloadui due to various UI bugs where we would get stuck at an NPC and couldn't interact with them or move away from them. These were all frustrating, but one of the most frustrating was when we were grouped but still phased from each other. Now, I understand the "megaserver" and what it does, but we shouldn't be phased from each other while in the same group or while on each others friends list. It wasn't a matter of being on different quests/parts of quests or whatever, we would be on the exact same quests and steps on each quests. We could log out in the exact same spot, and when we log back in not be able to see each other except for an arrow showing each others locations. If there is a fix for that then awesome, but we could not figure anything out to fix it.

If the bugs can get sorted out, I can guarantee we will play. We both really enjoyed ourselves... when the game worked properly. The only concern we have is how close the game is to release and how many bugs still exist. Yes, we are both aware it is beta and it was a stress test weekend. But it is still really close to launch and there are many things that need to be fixed.
    Keep in mind...the build we stress tested is not the most current build that is being played on the actual closed beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Adynos View Post
    These were all frustrating, but one of the most frustrating was when we were grouped but still phased from each other. Now, I understand the "megaserver" and what it does, but we shouldn't be phased from each other while in the same group or while on each others friends list.
    Yes, especially a certain mage guild quest where my friends and I all had to kill that end boss by ourselves because we were all instanced apart from each other . I still finished it, using a ton of kiting, but it was annoying not being able to group up for that quest.