Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Well c'mon. They do look really bad!
    They do look bad, if you zoom on them. Otherwise, they look just fine, plus when I use my horse its to ride faster from point A to point B, not to look how realistic he looks on a close shot.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    people are running out of things to complain, now they whine about horses look, geeez.
    I totally misread 'look' as something completely different. I had to do a double take!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Not my album - was posted on reddit - but I thought some of these screenshots really showed some of the nice looking stuff in the first 10-15 levels.

http://imgur.com/a/mOZiZ
    Someone really really likes Guar!

<3 Guar

Deleted
    Well c'mon. They do look really bad!

sky is falling everyone, horses have 4k polygons instead of 5. fail game

Deleted
    I was gonna suggest the same. It's ok to post 2 or 3 and then your album link, but what you have is a bit much. I think I broke my scroll wheel. :P
    Fixed. I am bit mad with screenshots... I mean: Say hello to my Gw2 screenshot madness. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    They do look bad, if you zoom on them. Otherwise, they look just fine, plus when I use my horse its to ride faster from point A to point B, not to look how realistic he looks on a close shot.
    Why not have both? Better textures won't prevent you from getting from point a to point b.

- - - Updated - - -

sky is falling everyone, horses have 4k polygons instead of 5. fail game
    Textures, not polygons. I think the polygon count is fine. :P

Why not have both? Better textures won't prevent you from getting from point a to point b.
    Everything in this game has bad texture when zoomed in. Someone pointed out that it might be so the game offer better performance when lots of people are there. I dont know if its true, but its a good guess.

It's hard to believe early access starts next month.

I think I've finally narrowed it down to Templar or Sorcerer. Now if only I could decide on a melee tank or ranged support...

Deleted
    there should also be real hair animations like in Tomb Raider, it's 2014 is it not? Hell that would do performance good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Everything in this game has bad texture when zoomed in. Someone pointed out that it might be so the game offer better performance when lots of people are there. I dont know if its true, but its a good guess.
    Still, why not have both? Allow those who can run it to have textures that are up to todays standards. Skyrim did a Hi Res DLC pack, have ESO do the same. (although Skyrims HD pack still wasn't that hot...)

Still, why not have both? Allow those who can run it to have textures that are up to todays standards. Skyrim did a Hi Res DLC pack, have ESO do the same. (although Skyrims HD pack still wasn't that hot...)
    If anything only an official HD texture pack will be allowed. Zenimax would have to make it.

It shouldn't take all that long to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have liked better graphics, even if it is an MMO. It's decent but it'll be dated pretty fast. FFXIV is probably the nicest looking MMO I've seen for a while now.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    There are no talents or skills (whatever you want to call them) with + mount increase, reduced item repairs or any cosmetic/flavour talents related to that. All skills are simply damage choices, increase durations, group synergies,CC's and buffs. Which are all useful and in no way hinder a groups performance. You may argue crafting but there's more than enough skill points to compensate for that at endgame. All in all, don't pidgeonhole people into specs or choices they don't want.
    I was being general with the +mining, +butterfly catching etc. I don't know what talents/skills/points exist in this game. I was simply replying to someone that made a stereotypical statement about "elitists".

This may shock a lot of people, but the "elite" don't give a shit about a personal 5% swing unless it's PERSONALLY holding back progression. And if that one person is voluntarily making that 5% decision, they don't need anyone to tell them to switch. They will switch on their own free will (because they are elite, otherwise they wouldn't be in the company of other elite people).

What you guys are describing as "elitists" , are what we call "assholes" in the real world.

You will encounter "Assholes" that will tell you what spec/talent/race/gender you should be to maximize. But anyone who throws their will on to other people isn't elite, they're an asshole.

But if you come into my guild, and you're unknowingly playing something sub-optimal, I can't think of a single soul who will run you down, talk you down, degrade you. Now if you simply refuse to change because "catching butterflies is cool" , and we're trying to kill Heroic Mythic Ultra MolagBal, then you won't be in our company any more. That's not elitist, that's called having a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I'd say the "bitter, cynical and deliberate attempt to sabotage" since he left because he couldn't take control of the lore
    He still heavily works with the lore guys, and the Companions come from him from Skyrim. He also wrote Knights of the Nine.

He was also having a meeting with the Lore Guys from at least ESO for some sort of AMA.

He ALSO said it's Bethesda approved, or atleast blessed.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balte View Post
    If anything only an official HD texture pack will be allowed. Zenimax would have to make it.

It shouldn't take all that long to make.
    I would imagine the textures they made are actually much higher in quality than what we get. But we get a lower quality version of it mainly due to the size of them and the performance hit. One good thing I can say about the textures though, they did a lot better job than Skyrim with the compression format.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I'd have liked better graphics, even if it is an MMO. It's decent but it'll be dated pretty fast. FFXIV is probably the nicest looking MMO I've seen for a while now.
    agree FF14 looks really nice, but google unicorn mount, it looks just like horse in ESO, or even worst I would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    NDA lifted, finally
    holy shit it was?? omg that means i can finally tell people I got a MOTHER FUCKING LEGENDARY last beta weekend
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    There are no talents or skills (whatever you want to call them) with + mount increase, reduced item repairs or any cosmetic/flavour talents related to that. All skills are simply damage choices, increase durations, group synergies,CC's and buffs. Which are all useful and in no way hinder a groups performance. You may argue crafting but there's more than enough skill points to compensate for that at endgame. All in all, don't pidgeonhole people into specs or choices they don't want.
    umm... I will say that we haven't seen all the skills. There may wind up being something that boosts mount speed (there's a couple for potion effectiveness)...

though mount speed might only wind up being alted depending on how you feed your mount.

agree FF14 looks really nice, but google unicorn mount, it looks just like horse in ESO, or even worst I would say.
    Aaaaaand this is why I'm not touching any FF with a ten foot pole :P

It looks terrible indeed