10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    it will be awesome if it's elderscrolls combat.

if it's WoW combat.............. please, just don't
    But Elder scrolls combat is just slash sword/ cast fire spell. Wow's combat is actually better and more skill based than Elder Scrolls- and that is saying something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    MMO market still has place for more?
    We ain't seen nothing yet..

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    read again:

"The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to quest across the entire continent of Tamriel 1000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V, which includes the provinces of Cyrodiil (where The Elder Scrolls IV was set) and Skyrim (setting of The Elder Scrolls V). "
    okay, I admit, I only read the last part
    "Not many specifics are available yet, but according to Game Informer you'll be able to play as one of three factions, take part in open-world player versus player combat in the province of Cyrodiil and vie for control of the throne of the Emperor."

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    But Elder scrolls combat is just slash sword/ cast fire spell. Wow's combat is actually better and more skill based than Elder Scrolls- and that is saying something.
    if they add some good block mechanics etc and the game is actually PvP, that combat is way more fun than tab combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Make it a sandbox or it will be FAIL
    This. Something along the lines of EvE with player driven politics and faction supremacy might work well.

It occurs to me, that a thousand years in the past would likely mean that Elsweyr was swampland, wasn't it? If I remember TES lore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense... with manual aiming and such an MMO like this could take more skill than just button pressing while strafing on WoW. A bit more like an FPS game.

Anyway, personally, I expect this will fail. I can see it turning out the same way SWTOR did. Just because you can make a good single player RPG doesn't mean you can make a good MMORPG. I guess we will be able to judge more accurately when there's actually some information on it. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but I suppose it's better to be sceptical than disappointed.

Seems a bit unusual to announce an MMO a mere year before its planned release date. I wonder what'll happen on the beta testing front.

They'll have to put a lot of effort into making sure they stick to the Elder Scrolls formula and not deviate into the modern MMO.

The game's also going to have to be ENORMOUS considering how big each of the "zones" were in single player games.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-05-03 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds awesome.

Deleted
    As long as they keep up the singleplayer im thrilled.

but if they cut that im not looking forward to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    They'll have to put a lot of effort into making sure they stick to the Elder Scrolls formula and not deviate into the modern MMO.
    you mean by releasing the game half made and forcing the "community" to pick up the slack via gigs of mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow_eyeS View Post
    This, I want my elder scrolls to be a singleplayer, please don't turn one of the few decent singleplayer rpgs we have left into another mmo =(
    This game is supposed to be prior to all elderscrolls games so if you dont want to play it then dont play it. They will continue the singleplayer elderscrolls series and you can play that.

I dont know if i will play it. It will depend on if it has a sub fee and how it looks.

Deleted
    Hmm let's see this seems familiar:

-awesome single player rpg. check;
    -action taking place "before"(what the hell is it with the fascination for origins, why not offer some damn continuity to the story, everyone jumps on the bandwagon of the origins these days, so damn tired of this shit). check;
    -big expectations for open world pvp. check;

This all reminds me of a game that was named something about some stars and wars, that one turned out into a pile of horseshit(for me at least, and I was a big fan, had some expectations to it).

P.S.: to all the fools that might jump to my post and go like "you dun even know what the game looks like, how silly your are to dismiss it like that", those 3 features, with accent on the origins part of the story or "what happened before"- we know enough of it from the rpg's, that is enough to turn me off from this future game.Going to take a look at the game in June when more info comes out, but I have a gut feeling what I'll see is another WoW type mmo with shallow story and game-play.Here hoping I'll be wrong for once and that they might try to build a different mmo like the upcoming guild wars.

I'm the Only one here who thinks that this idea Sucks?

Simple example is SW:Tor. We have to wait for another single player Elder Scrolls game 6+ year if Bethesda WILL develope SP game.
    Bioware stated that SwTor is KOTOR 3,4,5,6 etc.

+ I Can't believe that Bethesda will complete game with WHOLE Tamriel or even parts of it in few years. Only if they've developed it for past 4 years.

This will either be really awesome or completely flop.

As I said someplace else. Not everything has to be turned into an mmo. And besides, didn't the main developer say that he would never make it into an mmo? Hmm, guess they changed their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow_eyeS View Post
    This, I want my elder scrolls to be a singleplayer, please don't turn one of the few decent singleplayer rpgs we have left into another mmo =(
    Yup.....so pissed right now. I would be OK with multiplayer like Co-op or something but a MMO =/.
    Lets hope the Elder Scrolls single player series won't be affected.......But if I remember correctly they wanted to reboot the series for the next console generation......wonder how they are going to balance all this and how long till the next game that continues the story after Skyrim comes out.
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-05-03 at 05:22 PM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

go play Darkfall, then come back and tell me that kind of combat system pales in comparison to WoW in terms of difficulty and skill base. Having to actually aim to hit a target, whether it be in melee range or from a ranged standpoint (like an fps, not all of your spells/shots will hit) is much much much more difficult then targeting someone and spamming away buttons; that is very easy in comparison.

Deleted
    "In 2007 the company [the ones making this mmo] announced a partnership with Simutronics for the use of HeroEngine."

oh god why...tor's engine...if this is true...this game has already failed.

Deleted
    Not going to say it's crap before it releases, but TES is not made to be mutliplayer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    you mean by releasing the game half made and forcing the "community" to pick up the slack via gigs of mods?
    Actually, as far as i'm aware Elder Scrolls is a very mod driven game. Not saying they should make the UI and such as bland as can be, but i can see the player base being very upset if they limited the usage of mods.