Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Yup.....so pissed right now. I would be OK with multiplayer like Co-op or something but a MMO =/.
    Lets hope the Elder Scrolls single player series won't be effected.......But if I remember correctly they wanted to reboot the series for the next console generation......wonder how they are going to balance all this and how long till the next game that continues the story after Skyrim comes out.
    Also My first elder scrolls game was skyrim (Was never into it at a younger age) and I'd really hate to see the franchise ruined by an MMO version of the game. It's an amazing singleplayer game but I PERSONALLY think it won't be so great as an MMO but hey who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by lucem770 View Post
    "In 2007 the company [the ones making this mmo] announced a partnership with Simutronics for the use of HeroEngine."

oh god why...tor's engine...if this is true...this game has already failed.
    HeroEngine?? Oh God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    "In 2007 the company [the ones making this mmo] announced a partnership with Simutronics for the use of HeroEngine."

EQ's engine. This is a very very very very old model. it's cheap to get and easy to mod, and it is abused by so many game producers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread really exists doesn't it? I'm not dreaming?!

Oh god.

WHY?

The one series that didn't need an MMO....

Deleted

Just noticed that info on wikipedia, oh man... this feels terrible already.

Well it was just a matter of time I guess.

Honestly I was never really a fan of TES so at least it won't be able to ruin the franchise for me.
    I'll judge it when it's done. A good game is always welcome.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

I wonder what the scale of the game will be...
    If they have been working on it for a couple of years; it makes me think... "Is Skyrim a "complete" terrain version of the game?"
    Probably not, but it's questionable if they wanna create it twice...

Maybe they had a bigger Skyrim all along too? Maybe it was just shrunk for singleplayer?
    All the speculations!

I am not looking forward to this really, most of the beauty of Elder Scrolls get sucked out if it is an MMO, they have a big job on their hands and this could really disenchant a lot of loyal fans, a lot of people say 'Hey an elder scrolls mmo' would be really cool' but I'm not convince they have thought it over.

Plus, thousands of years ago, Cyrodiil was a jungle, be interesting to see if they retcon that.
    Last edited by Beasty; 2012-05-03 at 05:34 PM.

ToR wasnt based on the hero-engine, do some research at least before you start bashing other game's in this thread.

ToR is loosely based on a beta version of the hero-engine, not the current hero-engine available now, and certainly elder scrolls wont be using the same shitty hero, they'll be using a newer version that they've tweaked themselves.

also, a game engine doesn't completely direct how the game comes out, its mainly up to designer's choices because the hero-engine is very easy to change/work with. dont immediately bash this game based on the engine it plans to use, lol
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-05-03 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if want...

to be honest, I'm worried. Do we REALLY need to jump the MMO shark?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    This is why it will not be as good as TESV Skyrim. You can ...let's call it exploit the game by the fact of the not existing lvl cap. While this is totally fine in a SP it'll not work in a MMO. Problem is, leave this out and you miss a big point of RPG elements of this sort of game. Another thing is open world sandbox stuff. I dont know how this should work out in a MMO.

However as I am amazed by skyrim and if this game would turn out to be on par with skyrim it'd be the last mo title I'd give a shot as this genre is dead for so many years now.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Not everything needs to be a goddamn mmo! Seriously? Like, really, come on now.

I do not want this game. Any Elder Scrolls fan should be able to see the numerous reasons why this game is a bad idea.

Deleted
    People saying elder scrolls should be single player, you have your 5 single player elder scrolls, just like they promised. They always said they make 5, it's only logical they make an mmo.

I think it could be great, it wont be anything like wow though, that's for sure. Imagine Tera/gw2 like combat, proper crafting, maybe wowish dungeons only less limited(like tes), maybe diablo-like loot system, all with the sandboxiness and gameplay style of elder scrolls. I'm really looking forward for more info, if they have a good team it could turn out great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    ToR wasnt based on the hero-engine, do some research at least before you start bashing other game's in this thread.

ToR is loosely based on a beta version of the hero-engine, not the current hero-engine available now, and certainly elder scrolls wont be using the beta hero, they'll be using the full version.

also, a game engine doesn't completely direct how the game comes out, its mainly up to designer's choices because the hero-engine is very easy to change/work with. dont immediately bash this game based on the engine it plans to use, lol
    by all means show me where you found this out...I can't find anything but would be pleased if you were correct. i'd like a good elder scrolls mmo, not a crap one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    This is why it will not be as good as TESV Skyrim. You can ...let's call it exploit the game by the fact of the not existing lvl cap. While this is totally fine in a SP it'll not work in a MMO. Problem is, leave this out and you miss a big point of RPG elements of this sort of game. Another thing is open world sandbox stuff. I dont know how this should work out in a MMO.

However as I am amazed by skyrim and if this game would turn out to be on par with skyrim it'd be the last mo title I'd give a shot as this genre is dead for so many years now.
    there is a lvl cap in skyrim, its 81. and obviously they wouldn't allow console commands in their mmo, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I am intrigued. But I am afraid of what mechanic changes they'll have to make to make the pvp balanced >.> We shall see.

by all means show me where you found this out...I can't find anything but would be pleased if you were correct. i'd like a good elder scrolls mmo, not a crap one.
    i used to work for EA, but not in the bioware dept.

also an added note, the hero-engine was created by the guys that did EQ, and that game was amazing. the hero-engine has been around nearly 20 years, and can be modified quite heavily to suit the developer's needs, so please folks, dont go instantly bashing a game based on the engine that you know absolutely nothing about, other than "oh, if ToR used it, this game will be shit!" its a very stupid and ignorant statement.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-05-03 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMedicine View Post
    Anyway, personally, I expect this will fail. I can see it turning out the same way SWTOR did. Just because you can make a good single player RPG doesn't mean you can make a good MMORPG. I guess we will be able to judge more accurately when there's actually some information on it. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but I suppose it's better to be sceptical than disappointed.

Seems a bit unusual to announce an MMO a mere year before its planned release date. I wonder what'll happen on the beta testing front.
    What is your definition of fail? Unseat WoW, then yeah it will fail. Is ToR a failure? It didn't unseat WoW but no one really expected, or at least no one sane. ToR didn't keep me, but it kept most of my guild who bailed on WoW. Our guild has more in ToR than in WoW, but I am sure they will be back, they always are.

Anyway just wondering how people measure failure around here. People say RIFT failed, but it is still going.

I love TES but wished they focused on drop in/drop out Co-Op more than an MMO
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2012-05-03 at 05:45 PM.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    i used to work for EA, but not in the bioware dept.
    Because that is proof enough...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I am intrigued. But I am afraid of what mechanic changes they'll have to make to make the pvp balanced >.> We shall see.
    I will give you one: No more 15 times damage on backstab with daggers which would probably end up one shotting people. Or ....no more 30 times damage on backstab with daggers when you wear the right gloves for it.