10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Imperials are not a playable race they are, you could say, with the bad guys.

Also Fallout having more potential than The Elder scrolls? Your joking right? There is waaaay more lore and history and interesting stuff in general about Tamriel over boring post-apocalyptic earth.
    Actually, having more lore is bad when it comes to making an ever expanding content.
    You won't get lore locked and forced to do certain things and scramble to make it make at least somewhat sense. SWG and WoW are both victims of this.
    SWTOR was set 10000 years in the past for the sake of having lore freedom, TESO is set 1000 years in the past.

The trailer helped alleviate a lot of my concerns for the game. I still wonder about the combat though, they hardly showed anything on it, makes me wonder if they had a redo on it entirely or still don't know where to go with it.

Deleted
    more lore and history behind Elder scrolls? man, Fallout is set an REAL EARTH, aside from 'what happens after a nuclear fallout' with a retro touch you have all the lore of the world to twist into something postapocalyptic.

I'm not against a fantasy MMO, I just think to make a postapocalyptic MMO is not that unrealistic. It can also be highly diverse, you don't HAVE to have everything a brown wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    more lore and history behind Elder scrolls? man, Fallout is set an REAL EARTH, aside from 'what happens after a nuclear fallout' with a retro touch you have all the lore of the world to twist into something postapocalyptic.

I'm not against a fantasy MMO, I just think to make a postapocalyptic MMO is not that unrealistic. It can also be highly diverse, you don't HAVE to have everything a brown wasteland.
    Secret World is the closest thing you've got right now, and that's not doing too good.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'm a bit sad that there's no communicating between the factions, hope that changes. Seems kinda pointless to have the whole mega server thing as "you can play with your friends", if you still have to ensure that you roll the same faction as all your friends too.... likelihood of all my friends rolling the same faction on release is slim to none, meaning I still have to make a difficult choice of who to play with, unless that's PvP only... the Q&A from the press weekend purely said "no communication between factions."
    Yeah I don't like this either. I don't like it when players get divided like that.

I can accept no grouping. Okay.

But no communication? Come on... it's not like these races are strangers in a lore sense either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    Am I right in believing you can't play as Imperial? Or are they a race that crosses all factions? That just seems really odd.
    Yeah, Imperials aren't playable.

The 9 races from the press release weekend are

Ebon Heart Pact - Dark Elf, Nord, Argonian
    Aldmeri Dominion - High Elf, Wood Elf, Khajit
    Daggerfall Covenant - Breton, Redguard, Orc

Deleted
    I don't want to hype myself up for a new mmo again, did that with Rift, did that with GW2... I think it looks promising, there's a lot of new stuff, along with those new things there's also a lot of concerns.
    First and foremost the 1 giant server thing, I'm having a hard time imagining how they will be able to accomplish this, when other mmo's still regularly have problems with their servers upon release/expansion/patch, thinking WoW, RIFT and GW2 here, Diablo 3 can also be included in some form. Why should they have technology that no other AAA game company takes advantage of. I'm also thinking about insane lag/framerate drops in congested areas with people running around everywhere as seen in pretty much every game ever.

Another major concern for me is the whole combat system, it should be noted that I have only played Oblivion/Skyrim on my Xbox360, I've never tried it on PC, but I'm assuming it would be a lot easier to control than with a 360 controller. The thing I'm concerned about is how they plan on dealing with large(r) pack of mobs, i.e. AOE attacks and so forth. This concern mainly applies to Melee 'classes'.

Last thing I'm worried about is that there are only 6 abilities you can use, I feel that this might become very old very quickly, I'm wondering if there is any information on talent trees and such? Will all 'classes' only have 6 abilities? Or can you pick and choose in something akin to a talent tree?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post

I never really liked the Fallout universe myself. It's always felt more like a parody of a postapocalypse rather than a real one. I'd love to see a postapocalyptic MMO, but I'd hate to see it being Fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post

Last thing I'm worried about is that there are only 6 abilities you can use, I feel that this might become very old very quickly, I'm wondering if there is any information on talent trees and such? Will all 'classes' only have 6 abilities? Or can you pick and choose in something akin to a talent tree?
    It's like GW2 (I'm pretty sure someone mentioned, the OMFGCata vid). You pick 6 moves out of a long list. You have more than 6 but you can only use 6 at a time.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I look forward to the 6 button mash rotation, you have many more spells but like Vizzle said, only use 6 at a time.

I personally am hoping they do something really different than other mmo's like TOR, Rift, WOW has done, and make it a somewhat new age MMO-RPG, either way I am so excited I can't stop watching the you tube video's!

Going to spend majority of my time playing Skyrim til this gets out, just wish we had more of an exact date as to when its getting released, like 1st 2nd quarter of the year etc.
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by Seiz View Post
    I look forward to the 6 button mash rotation, you have many more spells but like Vizzle said, only use 6 at a time.

I personally am hoping they do something really different than other mmo's like TOR, Rift, WOW has done, and make it a somewhat new age MMO-RPG, either way I am so excited I can't stop watching the you tube video's!

Going to spend majority of my time playing Skyrim til this gets out, just wish we had more of an exact date as to when its getting released, like 1st 2nd quarter of the year etc.
    Don't expect it until early 2014 at the earliest imo.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Don't expect it until early 2014 at the earliest imo.
    Dev said in an interview that the game would release in 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsqALZWir4&hd=1&t=7m13s

But who knows, might get delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Dev said in an interview that the game would release in 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsqALZWir4&hd=1&t=7m13s

But who knows, might get delayed.
    Everything I've seen and heard has said 2013 So I'm betting it will be out next year!
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Have to admit, I am pretty excited for this game. But the action combat still makes me uneasy. I don't really enjoy action games too much. So I wonder if TESO will be more Tera/Raiderz style [which I greatly enjoy] or more Guild Wars 2 style action [which I do not enjoy].

Nervous, but sounds great so far.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really dont know, this gameplay really didn't bought me. I know its probably Alpha or pre Alpha, still. Till Beta i stay neutral.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I really dont know, this gameplay really didn't bought me. I know its probably Alpha or pre Alpha, still. Till Beta i stay neutral.
    Yeah the Alpha version is the review video I have been watching at first I really didn't like the way it sounded but the more I watch it and the other videos the more I look forward to it.

I'm wondering though if its going to be as demanding on your PC as a game such as Rift is!?

Deleted
    I have decided to give it a go and watch some videos today with impressions.

But is it currently all besides some alpha-information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I have decided to give it a go and watch some videos today with impressions.

But is it currently all besides some alpha-information?
    and some dev interview, which is about it at the moment.

I'd assume late 2013. It also depends on if they're going to revamp it some more causing delays.

Deleted
    I still feel, after watching that video, that this is just gonna be another WoW-like game. Not a WoW-clone, but basically the same concept with a few things to add to the Elder Scrolls feeling, so I will most likely not purchase this. Why does every MMO have to be so combat-oriented anyway? There's so much more to just dungeons and PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    You're locked into the zones of your faction (plus Cyrodill) so... somewhat less freedom there.
    Source? /10 chars.