Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Remember, no need to start whining yet folks, it's still pre-alpha. For all we know those could be placeholder models for the argonians.
    So when it's time to "whine", as you put it? When the game is finished and any change will be 100% harder to implement due to it being out already and under peoples eyes?

This is exactly the right time to "whine", because now it will have most impact during mid-developement.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Besides, the models and most of the game looks hideous. Even if it changes, who cares. We have the screenshots now and they look butt ugly NOW. What, it's whining if we ignore that because of some fictitious leeway period that "fans' invented to give them time to pick up any dropped balls? No thanks.
    Most of the game looks hideous o.o ? Some strong words. Skyrim is no beauty with low poly textures and it does not matter. It's the atmosphere that counts, not the pixels. I think the only apropriate question to ask here in regard to graphic is: Does it run smoothly with 100-200 players standing near each other at max settings ? If it does it's a smashing success by current standard of MMOs in regard to graphics. High poly all around with 3 fps and 10 second lag, but the screens look beautiful right ... I will pass on that.

As for the Argonian models ... I have said it before, it's a matter of taste really. I can imagine Beth having a statistics where they see 0.1% players picking the original Argonian models for their characters in Skyrim. My biased opinion, but I do remember when browsing character screens on forums back when Skyrim launched ... never have I seen a pic of Argonian. Humans, Elves, Khajiit seemed to be the popular choices. But yeah, maybe it's just that I don't like the inhuman version of Argonian really.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Most of the game looks hideous o.o ? Some strong words.
    Strong words indeed as they are my own. I'd expect everyone to have an opinion and for those opinions to be voiced. Otherwise, why show us anything until the game was launched? After all, it's us that they're making the game for, let's not forget that.

I've always played argonians and being able to create one in an MMO platform would be awesome. It's not that I'm upset with them for not reaching into my brain and somehow modelling them after my preferences, I'm upset that they couldn't even match their own concept art which I very much like. They dont look like bipedal lizards, they look like dudes in halloween costumes. Again, opinions.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    This really shouldn't be for PC/Mac only if that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Remember, no need to start whining yet folks, it's still pre-alpha. For all we know those could be placeholder models for the argonians.
    Fuck that, heard that enough times with TOR, and look where it got that. Never become complacent.

If there's a problem, say it now before things are set in stone. I still think we should be able to visit the entire world and not be locked by invisible walls just because of our faction.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Oh my god. A race in an MMORPG looks terrible. Call the police!

Anyways, the devs seem to be taking a lot of feedback. So hammer them enough with the Argonian complaint and they'll probably look into it.

*Grumbling about how people are complaining about graphics instead of the real issue here*.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the Elder Scrolls name, this game is looking pretty bad so far from the trailers. Combat looks pretty terrible and weird. I also despise factions of any kind, so that's a major turn off.

Hopefully I'm wrong though and this turns out to be a great game, because I'd really like to play a new MMO that can keep my attention for more than a week.

It's funny how people can look at the same thing, the same demo trailers and such and have completely different reactions/ points of view.

For example, I watched the ArcheAge trailers and the game looks horrible to me (not the graphics but the game play and content). But many players are hyped over it. *shrugs*

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...rt-pact-part-2

I swear to God, I want to shoot the guy who's picking which questions to answer, and every bastard who's asking them. The only question that's semi-interesting is the last one. At least you people arguing about the lizard models can be happy.

This is our second installment of the ESO “Ask Us Anything” series, featuring more of your questions about the Ebonheart Pact and other general ESO topics. Read on to learn more about this alliance, and see if we chose your question!

Will we be able to meet Joruun the Skald-King? What about the Tribunal of Morrowind, or the king/queen of Argonia? – By Brandon Donio

Yes, if you create an Ebonheart Pact character in The Elder Scrolls Online and make certain choices as you play, you will have the opportunity to meet Jorunn the Skald-King and members of the Tribunal. As for Argonia’s royalty, at this point in Elder Scrolls history, Black Marsh (“Argonia”) isn’t ruled by a monarchy – but there are certainly plenty of other prominent Argonians to meet in the game.

Will the Companions be involved somehow? – By Jason Bryden

Yes, The Companions—the legendary group of Nord heroes you met in the city of Whiterun in Skyrim—have been part of Nord culture since Ysgramor’s arrival on the shores of Skyrim before the First Era, so they certainly have a presence in ESO.

To what extent will the Tribunal feature in the Ebonheart Pact storyline, and how far along in the main quest will we learn about the pretender to the Tribunal? – By Josh James

As the rulers of Morrowind, both spiritually and politically, the Tribunal are quite prominent in the Ebonheart Pact – especially Almalexia, who’s been handling temporal affairs since the recent Akaviri invasion. But a pretender to the Tribunal? Mother Morrowind would dismiss the idea as absurd. Clearly impossible.

Are many changes being made to Skyrim to make it differ or stand out from the Skyrim we have recently come to know and love? If so, could you detail some of these changes? – By Brandon Donio

The Elder Scrolls Online is set 1,000 years earlier than Skyrim, so you may notice that some of the ancient Nord ruins are a little less worn and weathered than in Skyrim’s time. You’ll also find towns, like Nimalten in the Rift, that are gone and nearly forgotten by Skyrim’s Fourth Era, but are alive and thriving in ESO’s Second Era.

Will we be able to travel through Black Marsh? It is said that only Argonians can travel to the heart of Black Marsh. Will every player have the option to go there? – By John Ward

All members of the Ebonheart Pact will have an opportunity to visit Shadowfen, the northwestern region of Black Marsh that borders on Morrowind and includes the ancient city of Stormhold.

I've read that anyone can use any type of weapon or armor. Have you thought about having alliance-only weapon/armor styles? (For example, chitin armor available only to the Ebonhart Pact, since they have exclusive access to chitin in Morrowind.) – By Jeremy Eddy

Armor in The Elder Scrolls Online is regionally appropriate, whether it’s a loot drop, merchant stock, or quest reward; however, with the right skills and materials, you’ll be able to craft items in any racial style.

I always imagine all of the nasty, poisonous creatures living in Black Marsh, and I think there's lots of potential there. Could you detail any of your favourite critters from Black Marsh? – By Brandon Donio

If we had to pick just one, the huge reptilian wamasu that lurk in the deep swamps are a big favorite around the ZeniMax Online Studios dev office.

What are the meanings of these Ebonheart Pact insignias you used for the Facebook and Twitter icons? I suspect that the one for Morrowind represents the Tribunal, due to the three 'spikes'. The one for Skyrim represents... the Dragonborn? What about the one for Black Marsh? – By Yamir Ortiz

Good guesses—and correct. The one for Black Marsh is a stylized rendering of an Argonian’s face – but whether it depicts some ancient hero or ruler of Black Marsh history, or just represents the race as a whole, only the Argonians know. And they’re not telling.

Where is the main base of Ebonheart Pact? In which city will we find Jorunn the Skald-King? – By Douglas Reis Silva

The throne of Eastern Skyrim is in Windhelm, but the great city of Mournhold is the capital of the Ebonheart Pact, and it is there that Jorunn presides over the Great Moot.

Hi, I've been playing The Elder Scrolls games since Morrowind, and I have always played as an Argonian. Now that I've seen the screenshot on your website called 'Argonian soldiers', I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for a more lizard, amphibian looking Argonian. I assume their faces are flat for helmet modeling, But I hope they'll look more like the one on the Ebonheart pact page. Also, they should have badass horns... So can you tell me, is this the final version of the Argonian? – By Rofaka

Customization of individual characters will allow for much more variety than we’ve been able to convey in the screenshots released so far. Also, we’re still fine-tuning the ESO character models, including the Argonians.

Last time we had the chance of discovering the land of Morrowind, the different feelings to the Great Houses and the House Wars was one of the most intriguing aspects to the game. Will we have an opportunity to join the houses? If so, which of them will be joinable? I just so loved the mushroom houses. – By Greg

The rivalries between the Dunmer Great Houses have deep roots, and they are all important players in the politics of Morrowind. In fact, House Telvanni – they of the mushroom towers – are estranged from the other Houses at the time of ESO, and refused to join the Ebonheart Pact. (We’ll share more about them in the future, you can be sure.) Your characters will have opportunities to help (or hinder) all the other Great Houses of Morrowind, though formal adoption into their ranks won’t be part of the game at launch.

So they're really sticking to the "can't go there if you're not of a specific faction" idea...dumbest idea possible. That alone could kill this game and they should rethink it before moving further.

Elder Scroll games are supposed to be known for massive open worlds. Closing off areas is such a terrible idea that I can't imagine what's going through their heads making this design decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So they're really sticking to the "can't go there if you're not of a specific faction" idea...dumbest idea possible. That alone could kill this game and they should rethink it before moving further.

Elder Scroll games are supposed to be known for massive open worlds. Closing off areas is such a terrible idea that I can't imagine what's going through their heads making this design decision.
    They honestly don't even have to give us quests in other-faction areas. Just let us visit them and the game becomes a thousand times better. Why the hell would they close off the world? It just makes me upset because it could really be the thing that makes an otherwise decent game bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont shoot those questions down so quickly the question about armor means that there is a chance we can go to other zones to mine stuff such as chitin which means we are not limited to the 3 of our faction + Cyrodil
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

How it SHOULD be.

You start a character, pick the race, gender, etc. and then you pick where you want to start.

Following from other Elder Scroll games, you start in a prison and have to break out.

The class system can work either like Skyrim or like Oblivion to where what you use determines who you are or you can pick earlier in the game but NOT in some character select screen.

You are not aligned with any factions until you do quests for them and pick sides:
    - You can play the entire game as a neutral party who either allies with anyone or kills everyone

NONE of the aforementioned would be too difficult to implement and people would be free to go where they want and choose what they want to do.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Dark Age of Camelot says hi. It worked there so it can work here as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Aside from the idea itself, this is just no feasible argument. DAoC was another time. The environment today is totally different

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    DAoC wasn't built up on previous games whose entire selling point was freedom of play.

Deleted
    How it SHOULD be.

You start a character, pick the race, gender, etc. and then you pick where you want to start.

Following from other Elder Scroll games, you start in a prison and have to break out.

The class system can work either like Skyrim or like Oblivion to where what you use determines who you are or you can pick earlier in the game but NOT in some character select screen.

You are not aligned with any factions until you do quests for them and pick sides:
    - You can play the entire game as a neutral party who either allies with anyone or kills everyone

NONE of the aforementioned would be too difficult to implement and people would be free to go where they want and choose what they want to do.
    That does sound a lot better, my only small complaint is that pvp balance might be off but then again it always is in mmos. They will refuse to do this due to lore reasons most likely. It also seems they are wanting to restrict the player to cater to care bears who like to play a theme park mmo, wrapped up in a nice pve bubble which is not a good sign.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2012-11-27 at 09:45 AM.

This was posted on the main ESO forums so I thought I would share it here: http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth...s-on-with-eso/

The podcast is rather long winded but answered the majority of the questions I had about ESO.

2 hour podcast on a video game review... yea no; jesus people, make transcripts at least.