Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I have a question which I haven't been able to find out on my own. Does ESO allow for Conjuration? And if so, are they going to allow for Necromancy gameplay?
    WoW thats something i havent thought of. Conjuration spells, summoning pets and stuff would be cool although your still limited to one pet at a time. Would be nice to see if they do put this in the variation of pets and their strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yay hype! :P It's like guild wars 2 all over again :S
    where exactly do you see hype? I dont see anyone saying "Omg guys this will be the best game ever, Its going to revolutionize gaming etc etc." All i see ppl doing is speculating on what could be in game, features of the game, and how combat will be, as well as the size of the zones and exploration. No one is hyping this game because we know little to nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Is that actually confirmed? Or is it just an assumption, because of 2 different studios.
    It would be really sad, if no more ES singleplayer games will be released ..
    From what i understand ZeniMax Media Owns Bethesda Softworks the publisher for games made by the developer Bethesda Game studios. ZeniMax Media also owns Zenimax Online Studios which is the developer for TESO.

So as you can see there are 2 developing companies that are seperate. One has been developing the single player elderscrolls games and the other is developing the Online Elderscrolls game. And the Publisher Bethesda Softworks is publishing for Both developers.

Quote Originally Posted by ohaitharr View Post
    There is no confirmation, but it would be rather stupid for them to stop producing more Elder Scrolls games. We won't see another one, besides ESO, in the next few years, but yeah - you can expect more single player games. It is their goldmine after all.
    I hope your not saying this because you think Bethesda is working on TESO. As i wrote above theres 2 developement companies. I think it depends when they started working on TESVI, It could come out next year depending on how long its been in development.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2013-01-27 at 06:36 PM.

You mean like every game ever all over again. Hype isn't a bad thing. Just know what you're getting yourself into and what to expect and you won't be disappointed. I'm not getting excited yet because I don't know anything about the game, although I am hopeful that it will bring something new to the table.

going to be the best mmo ever

Deleted
    Is that actually confirmed? Or is it just an assumption, because of 2 different studios.
    I'll look for the source later, although I'm quite sure it was elderscrollsonline.com. In one of their articles I believe they mention that Bethesda will continue to develop TES 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I hope your not saying this because you think Bethesda is working on TESO. As i wrote above theres 2 developement companies. I think it depends when they started working on TESVI, It could come out next year depending on how long its been in development.
    I said thinking that their next game will be probably Fallout IV, rather than TESVI, since there will be a TES title coming out this year. Hopefully.
    I know Bethesda has nothing to do with the development of TESO. But I do not really think this kind of thing could happne: "TESO realease->TESVI releasee". Too much TES, they need to stretch this. So I think that the next Bethesda game will be Fallout IV, but what I meant, is that the tes single-player will also be made sometime in the future regardless of teso.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2013-01-27 at 06:44 PM.

Thankfully, they are putting the setting of ES:O in the past, which gives them the ability to continue creating single player games. Unlike Blizzard, who gave up their Warcraft RTS in favor of only working on the Warcraft MMORPG. But, I can see Blizzard's reasoning, because honestly, The happenings of WC2 and WC3 are much more interesting and make for a better MMORPG than something set pre WC1.

Anywho, back to ES:O. I would like them to restrict the crafting professions you can have at a time. Because if everyone could do everything (crafting wise), then the crafting professions become vendor fodder. Oh, and having more than just smithing, alchemy, and enchanting.

They worked on and released Skyrim while ESO was still in production so why would they quit now?

Deleted
    Hope smithing will be as good as the one in Skyrim.
    10min worth of effort for divinity status.

Deleted
    one thing i really don't like is the fact that you have xxx amount of abilities active at a time...

@Recruiter, it worked really well in guild wars 2. Rather then just spamming like 20 abilities at a time you instead need to think. And honestly 6-10 abilites is enough to keep you on your ball mechanics wise when it comes to pvp/dungeon fights. Personally I'd prefer 6 good abilities that actually have an impact and nice animations, then 20+ abilities where only 2-3 are actually memorable

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 08:27 PM ----------

But for the most part Gw2 held up to the hype, sure I think the death system has never been done worse in any game, when it would have been easy to do it right and sure the dungeons were lacklustre. But when it comes to world that is full of events and group content. Gw2 is one of the best. If it fixes one or two things, it would easily be the best mmo on the market (which I think it is anyway)

Deleted
    Hey mate,

I am going to disagree on this one, one of the reasons i quit gw2 was this one, i believe that having limited abilities at a time (and some of those on long cooldowns) make the gameplay a bit boring, additionally having limited abilities at a time does not really help when you design boss fights etc.

The more abilities you have at your arsenal, the more freedom is provided to developers when they design content

Always Friendly

well some people enjoy ability bloat I guess

Deleted
    i don't know, in my mind at least there should differences between action rpg's and mmorpg's... teso is an mmo, so it should differentiate its self from the single player tes games!!

Deleted
    I think a few core abilities otherwise relying on classic TES combat is an awesome compromise taking the best of two worlds. Ofcourse extremists on either side will dislike it, but I think it has broad appeal and will function quite well. Besides, I never really liked ability bloat, but on the other hand it would be dull if everything was point'n'click so.. I guess the system is designed for people like me so I can't complain =)

Role-Playing in TES Online

So I guess the thing I am mostly excited about is that you don't have limits to the character you want to be. This opens a lot of opurtunities for Role-playing.
    I've been a massive fan of RP'ing ever since (It had me most going in SWTOR, I have to say). But this way it's so easy to create the character you want to be. No need to improvise stuff or "fake" a few things, which happend a lot. This way you can easily start your RP-combat without having gear equiped that would punish the player on the stats (although I heard certain stats are bind to certain items, but that doesn't take away that if you want to play a certain style, it's easily able).

I wonder how others think about the subject of Role-Playing in TES Online?
    (and I didn't start a new thread as I don't think that's nesecary)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter1 View Post
    Hey mate,

I am going to disagree on this one, one of the reasons i quit gw2 was this one, i believe that having limited abilities at a time (and some of those on long cooldowns) make the gameplay a bit boring, additionally having limited abilities at a time does not really help when you design boss fights etc.

The more abilities you have at your arsenal, the more freedom is provided to developers when they design content

Always Friendly
    This is the less is more paradigm I spoke about a few pages back. ARPGs traditionally have only a few actions (about 4-6) which work by default and can be keybound. There are also MMORPGs which pick this system up. Examples include D3 and TL2 recently (non-MMO) and TERA, GW2 (MMO). Examples of games which don't do this WoW, SWTOR, RIFT (ie. "you need a Naga to keybind it all").

I happen to have a Naga, and I'd rather just never play any of these "need a Naga" MMORPGs and use a Deathadder instead. Reason, I like it when spells are combined (offensive + defensive, support + offensive, defensive + heal, etc) instead of having 985252 keybinds. Not only does it save keybinds, it also allows more tactical play (in BOTH PvE AND PvP!!). I don't remember TERA, but GW2 (AFAICT; have no played every class) has quite a sophisticated system here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    Role-Playing in TES Online

So I guess the thing I am mostly excited about is that you don't have limits to the character you want to be. This opens a lot of opurtunities for Role-playing.
    I've been a massive fan of RP'ing ever since (It had me most going in SWTOR, I have to say). But this way it's so easy to create the character you want to be. No need to improvise stuff or "fake" a few things, which happend a lot. This way you can easily start your RP-combat without having gear equiped that would punish the player on the stats (although I heard certain stats are bind to certain items, but that doesn't take away that if you want to play a certain style, it's easily able).

I wonder how others think about the subject of Role-Playing in TES Online?
    (and I didn't start a new thread as I don't think that's nesecary)
    Yeah, I can't wait to explore the RP aspects. As I mentioned previously in this thread some pages ago, I'm planning on being a Breton Hunter turned Archer. I'll probably be the guy who's still waaaaay off end game when everybody begins organizing groups since I tend to take my sweet time, but it's about immersion for me. I'll allow myself to be sucked into the game and heck - if it does'nt fit me I'll do anything in my power to stay off the easiest path of progression.

When it comes to games like WoW or, to some extend, GW2 I played solely for getting to end level (VERY counterproductive with GW2 I admit. Flaw on my part). However in Skyrim, I was -that- guy who did'nt just smith 400 iron daggers. No, sir, I would hunt animals, gather their pelts and create armors which I would distribute to vendors around major towns (Naturally, never using fast travel. Seriously) and generally just get 'into' the game.

So yeah, I can't wait to test the RP'ing. I'm a bit concerned about the megashard when it comes to that, but hey, we'll see how they do it. I'm sure they got tricks up their sleeves and we should'nt forget there's thousands of things to work out still.

Deleted
    Ah megashards, that's a question-mark for me... On one hand it sounds really good, given that server will always be crowded and such, but i don't know what the impact on the community will be. i am aware that u ll be able to play with your friends and guidlies, but what about server community isn't that going to be affected?

But lets see how it is going to be implemented...

Deleted
    Eh one thing I found refreshing about gw2 is i didnt have to bind 1 gazzilion abilities which i might need once every 2 minutes. I understand that wow after 4 expansion have some ability bloat but Swtor for me was a nightmare wayyyy too much abilities.

I have a question is ESO using the Hero engine? Like the one used in TOR? Also im really curious about the mega server implementation sounds like a complete nightmare wise especially if its an open world like WoW one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter1 View Post
    Ah megashards, that's a question-mark for me... On one hand it sounds really good, given that server will always be crowded and such, but i don't know what the impact on the community will be. i am aware that u ll be able to play with your friends and guidlies, but what about server community isn't that going to be affected?

But lets see how it is going to be implemented...
    NOTE BEFORE READING!: The following is PURE speculation! There is no source, confirmation or even developer hints at this!

The way I imagine would be, you log in for the first time and the game asks you "What do you take interest in/What would you like to do?". A box is displayed with several options where you can tick of one or more options and it'll shard you with people of the same interest.

To make it easier to understand, let's say "Player" logs in after installing the game. Player has a great interrest in doing some PvE with a little bit of PvP on the side. He's not quite sure weither he'll want to PvP just yet, so he decides to just tick of PvE. He's sent into a server with lots of bustling activity and is merilly playing along. Two weeks later, Player decides he'd actualy like to try RP aswell. He'd still like to continue his PvE'ing though, so he brings up the menu in the login screen and now also ticks "RP" while also leaving "PvE" ticked. He logs into the game and people are now roleplaying around him as he's paired with others who also wanted to experience RP. Player continues for months like this and absolutely loves the RP aspects of the game, but Player has gotten a bit tired of constantly being asked to go places and explore this and that and decides to do some PvP in Cyrodil. Player goes to the main screen again and brings up the menu once more. While RP'ing, Player had a whole lot of fun, however. Player does'nt want to PvE anymore, so instead Player ticks off "PvE" on the list and now adds "PvP" while keeping "RP" ticked. Suddenly he's invited to massive PvP parties while still being surrounded by RP'ers playing together, thus effectively seperating the shard system into interest and preferences.

That's how I imagine it could work atleast. But nothing is confirmed, it's just an idea, no mentions of said system anywhere etc. etc. etc. =D