Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Sorry to sorta go off the current topic, but have beta invites gone out yet? I could have sworn when you signed up the site said you'd receive notifications within 48h or did i misread?
    A notification of your sign up to TESO beta, not a beta invite. They haven't announced when it's out, but should maybe be in a month or two.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Sorry to sorta go off the current topic, but have beta invites gone out yet? I could have sworn when you signed up the site said you'd receive notifications within 48h or did i misread?
    Notification should have been sent out that your beta application was received, but invites have not started yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post

WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

FOR GODS SAKE STOP.
    I'm not sure I see the problem, considering it's roughly 1000 years before Skyrim. LOTS of things happen in time between ESO and TES:V Skyrim.

Could you elaborate of why this offends you so much? =S I can't find anything to suggest in the lore what's wrong with this..

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I'm not sure I see the problem, considering it's roughly 1000 years before Skyrim. LOTS of things happen in time between ESO and TES:V Skyrim.

Could you elaborate of why this offends you so much? =S I can't find anything to suggest in the lore what's wrong with this..
    There's no human race more against elves than the Nords.

The Nords hold to their custom more than anyone else.

This is before Tiber Septim. There is no united Tamriel, nor has there been in written history (I don't think).

The Greybeards still exist. The Dragonborn has existed. The Nord seat of power lies in Windhelm at the Palace of Kings where they are able to more easily convene for council with the Greybeards.

For a Nord king to take up residence in an Elvish homeland is practically blasphemy and there's no way in hell King Jorunn has the support of even a slight majority of the Nords with such an act.

Nords are to humans what Altmer are to elves. The proudest race who consider themselves the first humans to come to Tamriel and conquerors even before Tiber Septim (a Nord) aka Talos was born.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-29 at 07:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    For a Nord king to take up residence in an Elvish homeland is practically blasphemy and there's no way in hell King Jorunn has the support of even a slight majority of the Nords with such an act.

Nords are to humans what Altmer are to elves. The proudest race who consider themselves the first humans to come to Tamriel and conquerors even before Tiber Septim (a Nord) aka Talos was born.
    I dont see the problem. A Nord ruling over the Dunmer follows nicely with how they are treated during the events of Skyrim: as 2nd class citizens. What better way to wave your Nordic pride around than to sit on your rival/enemies throne and command their people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    I dont see the problem. A Nord ruling over the Dunmer follows nicely with how they are treated during the events of Skyrim: as 2nd class citizens. What better way to wave your Nordic pride around than to sit on your rival/enemies throne and command their people.
    That's not how other Nords would see it. They may be conquerors but they stick to their homeland like they stick to their tradition. Their seat of power HAS to be in Skyrim and nowhere else. It just doesn't make sense anywhere else.

And I think it's a diplomatic move by Jorunn to ensure that the weak pact remains intact. It still doesn't make sense though.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    There's no human race more against elves than the Nords.

The Nords hold to their custom more than anyone else.

This is before Tiber Septim. There is no united Tamriel, nor has there been in written history (I don't think).

The Greybeards still exist. The Dragonborn has existed. The Nord seat of power lies in Windhelm at the Palace of Kings where they are able to more easily convene for council with the Greybeards.

I think you're misunderstanding past Nord with Skyrim Nord, fella.

History

Historically, Vvardenfell was inhabited by the Dwemer for long ages before the Aldmer arrived in Tamriel. When the Aldmer inhabited Cyrodiil, a group of them were exiled for their choice to worship the Daedra. These exiled Aldmer were led by the prophet Veloth over a mountain range to Morrowind, where they became known as the Chimer and settled with the Dwemer.
    However, the two would not live in peace, as disputes over land and religion led to conflict. "While the Dwemer were an agnostic people, preferring reason to faith, the Chimer were staunch Daedra-worshippers, and considered the Dwemer's lack of belief an affront to their gods."[1] They would however unite against a common enemy when the Nords of Skyrim invaded Morrowind in 1E 401. Due to the efforts and budding personal friendship between Indoril Nerevar of the Chimer and Dumac of the Dwemer, the Nords were pushed out by 1E 416. This alliance born out of need formed the First Council and lasted for some time.
    Source: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Morrowind

There's lots more stuff about Nords in Tamriel. While I agree that the nords of TES:V Skyrim are more self-minded, they used to be the guys who united Tamriel and conquered other regions. I even believe you may know of one famous Nord who decided to errect his throne of his lands in the very center of Tamriel

Also:

The Skyrim Conquests
    In 1E 241, King Vrage the Gifted (Harald's son) began the aggressive expansion now known as the Skyrim Conquests, which would culminate in the First Empire of the Nords.[4][6] Within a span of fifty years, the descendants of Ysgramor ruled all of northern Tamriel, including most of present-day High Rock and the whole of Morrowind.[4][6] Some Nord leaders wanted to turn south to Cyrodiil, but the Jerall Mountains proved to be too big a barrier, and northern Cyrodiil too poor a prize.[3]
    Over the next few centuries, Skyrim expanded and contracted as battles were won and lost.[11] The Conquests, and the Empire, came to an end in 1E 369 with the death of King Borgas, the last of the Ysgramor line, during the Wild Hunt.[4][3] When the ruling council or Moot was unable to choose Jarl Hanse of Winterhold (considered the obvious choice by Imperial scholars), as the new High King, the ensuing civil war tore the Empire apart.
    Source: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nord
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-29 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    one way to make tanking more fun is the way someone said before, with unit collision, you actually have to your self infront of the bosses attacks to block it from hitting your healers, might not be perfect but probably more fun than the click to taunt system. i dont think ESO will have the same problems of loads and dps and not many healers/tanks, but we will see.
    a perfect way to block bank/auction house entrance, block mailboxes e.t.c. I don't think MMO community is ready for unit collision, even if it seems great...but I agree that they have to make tanks more fun to play and not have less responsibilities...the reason there is lack in tanks is not because they have more responsibilities than other roles but because usually they are not fun (since they made it too easy to tank....).
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    a perfect way to block bank/auction house entrance, block mailboxes e.t.c. I don't think MMO community is ready for unit collision, even if it seems great...but I agree that they have to make tanks more fun to play and not have less responsibilities...the reason there is lack in tanks is not because they have more responsibilities than other roles but because usually they are not fun (since they made it too easy to tank....).
    What if they made mobs respect unit collision but not other players except changing player status in PvP battles to mob status hence activating collision?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    What if they made mobs respect unit collision but not other players except changing player status in PvP battles to mob status hence activating collision?
    that would be great but I don't think this is possible, although I am not a programmer I think if they design players as "obstackles" it cannot be changed so simply..maybe if they add tower shields and make these shields have the collision effect...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    that would be great but I don't think this is possible, although I am not a programmer I think if they design players as "obstackles" it cannot be changed so simply..maybe if they add tower shields and make these shields have the collision effect...
    Or maybe go the TERA way where some areas (like big cities) don't have unit collision enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirre View Post
    Or maybe go the TERA way where some areas (like big cities) don't have unit collision enabled.
    I didn't know about this...so it is technically possible to turn on/off unit collision by will ignore my post then, hehe

They should be able to create a zone and set a no-collision flag, at least for the PvE cities and hubs. Also, collision detection has been in MMOs for a while.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    one way to make tanking more fun is the way someone said before, with unit collision, you actually have to your self infront of the bosses attacks to block it from hitting your healers, might not be perfect but probably more fun than the click to taunt system. i dont think ESO will have the same problems of loads and dps and not many healers/tanks, but we will see.
    WoW kind of already has that - at least for melee mobs - it's called Frost Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If they absolute have to put in a trinity concept then I really hope they don't have artificial skills like taunt.

If you have to tank, then make them tank by positioning, using block skills, use cc skills. Anything but a one button taunt monkey.
    I used to be a proponent of non Holy Trinity combat. But after trying WoW's scenarios, I'm not so sure anymore.

The nice thing about the Holy Trinity system, is that not much "on the fly" communication is needed. As long as everyone does their job, things will go smoothly. For harder encounters, at most you need to do a little pre-planning, then you dive in. If your plan works, it works. If it doesn't, you wipe.

For "tanking" with "positioning, using block skills, use cc skills", you would need an PVP Arena team level of coordination + Vent. Else all you will get is a chaotic zergfest with overlapping mistimed CCs.

Deleted
    The lack of holy trinity in GW2 does indeed result in players not knowing what other players are capable of. This is also related to being unfamiliar with the game (which is unlikely for us (former) WoW crackheads). Which indeed means there's some communication or adapting required. This can be done while you're traveling to the instance, or while corpserunning after a wipe. Its part of knowing your own class as well as those of your peers.

In WoW scenarios, if you got 2 healers, you'll want to communicate as well whereas in GW2 it'd just be a matter of swapping around a weapon to become more damage less healing/support.

That's not how other Nords would see it. They may be conquerors but they stick to their homeland like they stick to their tradition. Their seat of power HAS to be in Skyrim and nowhere else. It just doesn't make sense anywhere else.

And I think it's a diplomatic move by Jorunn to ensure that the weak pact remains intact. It still doesn't make sense though.
    You gotta remember the Nords are also highly religious and loyal to their high king. "Hey guys, I'm gonna go to Morrowind for a while. Those pussy elves need us to save the world from a false god, so they're just begging me to go lead their armies."

A statement like that should work for most people. Sure, there may be some dissenters, but that sounds more like questing material to me, rather than a plot hole.

I don't know about the Nord's religiosity before Talos. I do know that the Nords were ALWAYS self-minded. From the very beginning when they came from Atmora. They also hated Elves from the very beginning thus the conquests/invasions into Elven lands. But they never decided to make an Elven territory the heart of their Nation. Until ESO.

Tiber Septim ruled from Cyrodiil not because he was a diplomatic genius but because he had powers beyond thought, because he was deceitful and because he ruled with an iron fist. I honestly don't even understand how the Nords see him as their god king when he KILLED the spirit of Ysgramor just to ascertain his seat of power.

The thing is, tehy aren't making morrowind the heart of their nation. The seat of power of the nordic nation of a skyrim is windhelm, that's it. Mournhold is the headquarters or main base for the alliance. The nords capital is still windhelm.

In a weird perspective/analogy that might not make sense, think of it as world war two and the ebon heart pact are the allies. Say skyrim is Canada, Morrowind is Britian, and Black marsh is America. Mournhold would be the say allied central command in london (I know it doesn't make complete sense as there is no one leader but hey it's as close as I could get....but you have to keep in mind, While king of the nords and leader of the pact, doesn't make him the ruler of the other races)

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    The thing is, tehy aren't making morrowind the heart of their nation. The seat of power of the nordic nation of a skyrim is windhelm, that's it. Mournhold is the headquarters or main base for the alliance. The nords capital is still windhelm.

In a weird perspective/analogy that might not make sense, think of it as world war two and the ebon heart pact are the allies. Say skyrim is Canada, Morrowind is Britian, and Black marsh is America. Mournhold would be the say allied central command in london (I know it doesn't make complete sense as there is no one leader but hey it's as close as I could get....but you have to keep in mind, While king of the nords and leader of the pact, doesn't make him the ruler of the other races)
    I haven't played Morrowind but isn't Mournhold on Vvardenfell? Cause if so that makes no sense since the grand prize is Cyrodiil and Vvardenfell, while easy to defend due to it's geographical position, makes it shitty to get troops to Cyrodiil. Skyrim on the other hand could easily use where Falkreath is to route troops into the heart of Tamriel with ease.

I haven't played Morrowind but isn't Mournhold on Vvardenfell? Cause if so that makes no sense since the grand prize is Cyrodiil and Vvardenfell, while easy to defend due to it's geographical position, makes it shitty to get troops to Cyrodiil. Skyrim on the other hand could easily use where Falkreath is to route troops into the heart of Tamriel with ease.
    I think it's more of a political power-base. Nords troops will still be invading from skyrim, dunmer from morrowind, argonains from black marsh.