TESO has been surprisingly little hyped so far, almost less than WoW was back in the day. It won't kill WoW, no. Why would it want to anyway? That would mean more of that casual lobby-game design that I and many other players absolutely hates. If it becomes a success with millions of players then good, but it won't be because it killed WoW, it would be because it was so true to TES that most TES players play TESO as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Registered too yesterday and I probably don't have a chance as I don't work for any game company, don't do reviews, don't have a youtube channel or anything like that aaand I was too lazy to write anything in the "why should you pick me" box. But who knows, I have been picked to participate in every single WoW expansion so far since Wrath.
    I'm going to pretend that my Excellent rating means something. Makes me feel better.
    I have a guild website, but other than that my application was pretty typical. I wrote something small in the "Why choose me" though; I didn't really think about it at the time (I was just filling the application in normally, not really thinking about how to increase my chances...) but I'm glad I kept it short. I doubt they'd enjoy reading 5 paragraph long reasons.

Deleted
    I loved Skyrim, and so I think the MMO-part could be fun to. (know they have changed the setup/gameplay pretty much) will it still be a real Elders of scroll game?

that has yet to be determined, Dynematic, and that's actually what most of the arguments in this thread have been about

Deleted
    It'll be a 'Real' Elder Scrolls game in the same sense that Skyrim is a real Elder Scrolls game to Morrowind or Oblivion to Daggerfall. The game has changed dramatically from title to title tumbling everything from combat to graphics around signifficantly if not altering entirely. If "Changing the entire game with some few recognizeable things from the previous releases BUT following the same general rules in terms of lore and engaging storytelling" then yes, ESO will likely be an Elder Scrolls game. If by "Changing as little as possible from Skyrim in particular only to become Skyrim 2.0 now with Multiplayer" then I would'nt count on it.

Yes, I am aware they're getting rid of SOME of the more essential components, but they did that with things we considered essential before both Oblivion and Skyrim anyways respectively and they still did pretty well, did'nt they?

The biggest changes seems to be that you're leaping from a single player to a multiplayer experience and that it's another studio designing it. Mind you, a studio assembled for that very purpose using a healthy mix of former Bethesda employes who worked on Elder Scroll games previously with management largely filled with renowned experienced MMO developers.

And I think that makes sense. If I'm looking for a driver I'll take the guy who's driven many similar cars before and had success with that, than the guy who rode in, in a Submarine but can tell you what your car looks like and tell you the stories behind it.

What a horrible analogy but It's been a long day, deal with it, go away! xD
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-02-01 at 11:16 PM.

I've said it before but my biggest hope is that they'll make this game Elder Scrolls before making it an MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I've said it before but my biggest hope is that they'll make this game Elder Scrolls before making it an MMO.
    I think you'd rather want to wait for TES:6 in that case or you'll most likely be in for a big dissapointment. They're making an MMORPG in a familiar setting with new areas in addition using familiar story, lore and background to tell a new tale in a game mechanic designed to deliver to multiple players where you're no longer as chosen as you were before but rather among the chosen ones who're set to discover the marvels of Sandbox MMORPG'ing.

But I'd also like to add your choice of wording is inaccurate. If you mean you hope it's going to be more Elder Scrolls, as mentioned in my previous post, than an MMORPG then it's like saying you're hoping it to be more Starfish than Jetpack in which it'll be an attempt by a studio to paste beloved Starfish to a Jetpack. I feel you're meaning to say you hope it'll be more of a Singleplayer game than an MMORPG to which I can only say; I don't much think so considering it's an MMO.

And it's not trying to be rude, but more trying to push the realization through that it's an MMORPG based on TES, not a Singleplayer game based on TES. Don't expect the latter untill the next SPRPG in the series is released by Bethesda, you're only setting yourself up for dissapointment.

At best, you can hope they disguise the fact it's a multiplayer enough for you to accept it, if it's not what you're looking for but at worst you're going to be constantly repeating to yourself "I wish they had'nt done this!" to which it would be a shame if you paid money for it when you could've saved them for the next game in the series. Not to forget you could've avoided wasting your time.
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-02-03 at 06:10 PM.

I'm undoubtedly looking forward to TES:VI. And more DLC's for Skyrim before that. But I do also want a piece of the ESO pie. Cyrodiil as a center for pvp where not only specific factions but specific players can end up at the throne sounds awesome in it's own right.

When push comes to shove, catering to my wants isn't ACTUALLY going to make the game any better or worse (ok maybe it'd make it worse). I'm just hoping Zenimax manages to make a game that THEY want to play and not just something they can milk for millions of bucks.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm undoubtedly looking forward to TES:VI. And more DLC's for Skyrim before that. But I do also want a piece of the ESO pie. Cyrodiil as a center for pvp where not only specific factions but specific players can end up at the throne sounds awesome in it's own right.

When push comes to shove, catering to my wants isn't ACTUALLY going to make the game any better or worse (ok maybe it'd make it worse). I'm just hoping Zenimax manages to make a game that THEY want to play and not just something they can milk for millions of bucks.
    Hopefully they do that milking with a cash shop and not a sub fee or the next Elderscrolls game ill be playing is TES:VI

Deleted

Now there's a statement I can get behind and applaud. I, too, already look forward for TES:6 and that's great. But in the meantime we got a potentially fun MMO comming up with what seems like some pretty exciting things. The compromise expected of us consumers that we can't expect most of the things that worked well in the SPRPG seems more than fair to me.

What we need to be careful of, is not to expect it to BE TES:6. I mean, we only have to look little more than a year back. Many, many Bioware/Star Wars fans went into SW:TOR expecting SW:KTOR with Multiplayer and were set up for a huge dissapointment. The eventual outcome that SW:TOR did'nt turn out to be that great an MMO either way is from person to person to decide (Some people love it which is good for them!). But let's admit, a big downfall was the expectation that the MMO would be more like the SPRPG and it was most certainly not.

How sad would'nt it be to see a game like ESO with such great potential fall flat because too many people expect it to be Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind or heck, Daggerfall or Arena?

If we, as consumers, can look past the other games, how they functioned and bring an open mind to a new experience with a familiar setting, I'm sure we're in for a pleasant experience, but I can say, almost without a shade of doubt based on merit alone, that anyone expecting a SPRPG experience from an MMO WILL be dissapointed. And that's a sad loss for all parties involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    What we need to be careful of, is not to expect it to BE TES:6. I mean, we only have to look little more than a year back. Many, many Bioware/Star Wars fans went into SW:TOR expecting SW:KTOR with Multiplayer and were set up for a huge dissapointment. The eventual outcome that SW:TOR did'nt turn out to be that great an MMO either way is from person to person to decide (Some people love it which is good for them!). But let's admit, a big downfall was the expectation that the MMO would be more like the SPRPG and it was most certainly not.

How sad would'nt it be to see a game like ESO with such great potential fall flat because too many people expect it to be Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind or heck, Daggerfall or Arena?
    Tbh i played soo little of Morrowind. I dont think i ever got anything significant done in that game. I can only remember ever visiting 2 towns in that game. I never finished it. I know my brother did alot in that game but i just couldnt get my head on straight in that game and was always getting lost somewhere.

I played Oblivion extensively, beat it twice, before my brother ever beat it, im still not sure my brother has beat it tho. Loved the game. Didnt get lost like i did in Morrowind.

Played Skyrim the same way, only beaten it once tho and do plan on beating it again just been playing alot of games since it came out.

I enjoy TES as a series but i know what an MMO is. And i just dont think TES may fit for an online world of few players, it doesnt fit for an online world with thousands of players. I do hope TES:6 has some sort of online Co-op so you can play with atleast 3 other players. I think it would be fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    P.S. all the FPS' you're playing have aim helpers. Like Halo for example, there's a skull to turn it off and it's a completely different game w/o sticky targeting. So using the logic from your previous posts, these games are also like WoW, which means that your argument about it being easier to be melee than range is NULL since both lock on to each other anyways. It's just about who pushes what button faster.
    FPS on PC do not have aim helpers. CoD doesn't have it. It is something console FPS do contain (but from my limited experience, it can be put off, too). Tab targeting is an ultimate aim helper, btw.

This thread is starting to feel like an afterschool special.

Read number 1 Kasperio...
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-02-02 at 02:34 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain the Mega Server to me? Does that mean 1 for North America, 1 for Europe etc...? 1 for the world seems like it would be crazy. I am assuming it's 1 per region.
    Live Free...

Hype or not I"m still kinda excited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eomar View Post
    Can someone explain the Mega Server to me? Does that mean 1 for North America, 1 for Europe etc...? 1 for the world seems like it would be crazy. I am assuming it's 1 per region.
    1 megaserver per region, but each zone will have multiple instances of itself up at a time to prevent your computer from blowing up/the zone to be overfarmed. You'll be able to change between instances in order to meet up group mates.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    1 megaserver per region, but each zone will have multiple instances of itself up at a time to prevent your computer from blowing up/the zone to be overfarmed. You'll be able to change between instances in order to meet up group mates.
    There seems to be a lot of innovation going into server tech nowadays. Blizzard's been trying to do it's own thing and other companies too. A mega server does sound great but it just sounds too...unachievable. Even with the instancing. I foresee major mishaps on launch night with lots of lag and even more crashes.

There seems to be a lot of innovation going into server tech nowadays. Blizzard's been trying to do it's own thing and other companies too. A mega server does sound great but it just sounds too...unachievable. Even with the instancing. I foresee major mishaps on launch night with lots of lag and even more crashes.
    Single server tech already exists in other games (TSW uses it, Champions Online uses it), so it's nothing new.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The hype here is not overwhelming jesus christ.
    Quite a few zealous fanboys who might be a tad bit over-confident though.

EVE and Guild Wars has had single server since they have released. It's not new but just doesn't seem to have caught on much with developers.