Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This thread is starting to feel like an afterschool special.

Read number 1 Kasperio...
    I am who I am, Vizzle, I'm sorry if that offends you =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    There seems to be a lot of innovation going into server tech nowadays. [...]
    There is, behind the screens. A server doesn't run on 1 CPU with 1 GB RAM, you know... they're huge clusters. And with the low overhead of VMs there's a lot of possibilities. Possibilities which weren't there 10 years ago.

Deleted
    On the website they released a nice little compilation of things =)

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...d-beta-roundup

Something more informative from the developers would've been better. =/

Quote Originally Posted by ohaitharr View Post
    Something more informative from the developers would've been better. =/
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that was thinking that. Although there have been about three articles (one was a two parter) that I know of that were released this week. I was hoping for something directly from ZeniMax Online on their website. It's been about two weeks since the awesome cinematic. We need some new stuff. Or new pictures or something.

They're probably waiting it out for the big unveiling. I'd reckon that beta won't be starting for a very long time. Mid-March at the WAY earliest but most likely around summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    EVE and Guild Wars has had single server since they have released. It's not new but just doesn't seem to have caught on much with developers.
    Please don't say Guild Wars and EVE in the same breath. One isn't even an MMO, and the other defines what an MMO should strive for. It is like comparing a steaming pile of crap to the Mona Lisa LOL.

Seriously though, it is actually extraordinarily difficult to have s single server MMO which is why the only games that do it either aren't MMOs or they are so geographically spread out they keep people apart as much as possible. Even EVE which you identified has major lag issues that they introduced a bogus mechanic called "time dillation" which basically meant "if it was crowded time slowed down" IE LAGFEST

Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    Please don't say Guild Wars and EVE in the same breath.
    I'm saying it in the same breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm saying it in the same breath.
    Please don't chew gum at the same time then, you are acting very dangerously LOL I am only looking out for your best interests...

Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    Please don't chew gum at the same time then, you are acting very dangerously LOL I am only looking out for your best interests...
    Don't worry about me, I'm pretty talented.

Can someone more informed let me know if they're planning to deal with the faction imbalances?

The Ebonheart Pact is going to be the most played faction by far and it's concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Can someone more informed let me know if they're planning to deal with the faction imbalances?

The Ebonheart Pact is going to be the most played faction by far and it's concerning.
    They mentioned something about if one team was dominating RvR, the other two factions could team up and work together to overthrow them.

The three faction system is designed to naturally balance and lend political intrigue to the persistent PvP endgame. If any one faction becomes too powerful, the other two factions naturally tend to work together to turn the tide of battle.
    source: http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-02-03 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    They mentioned something about if one team was dominating RvR, the other two factions could team up and work together to overthrow them.
    Given the amount of people who are going to play Nords and Dark Elves. I'm glad to hear that.

Not much nords, mostly dunmer, aye. All the polls on the official bethsoft forums concluded the Ebonheart pact the most popular one, followed by Aldmeri dominion, and Daggerfall covenant falling back behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohaitharr View Post
    Not much nords, mostly dunmer, aye. All the polls on the official bethsoft forums concluded the Ebonheart pact the most popular one, followed by Aldmeri dominion, and Daggerfall covenant falling back behind.
    And no one was surprised. A faction that combines the main races of two of the three "mainstream" TES game races was bound to be popular. Actually any faction that the Darkelves got put in was going to be the biggest, lets be real here.

I am totally going to play a Dunmer and steal the name Nerevarine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Well, if the Ebonheart pact is going to be the most popular always, the two other factions will just continue to work together to keep them in check. So in time, the dunmer will lose their unreasonable popularity.

Oh god, nicknames like xXNerewarrinneXx are coming D:

I plan to have one of each, but my main will possibly be orc or khajiit. And yeah, anyone who thought that Ebonheart wasn't going to be the most popular (especially with Skyrim the most recent one in people's memories) was in denial. And the Argonians will be the least represented of the Ebonheart.

I am surprised that there hasn't been anything about the khajiit being "infested" with furries like people raged about with the worgen. Of course, khajiit have always been a playable race, but with this being online, I am amazed I haven't seen anything about that.

And no surprise about Daggerfall being the least popular (nothing but humans and orcs). I just hope that the population won't be completely one-sided in favor of Ebonheart, especially in the case of making it impossible for either Aldmeri or Daggerfall never gaining Cyrodiil, even if they do team up together. Because then everyone will hop over to Ebonheart and make it rather pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Because then everyone will hop over to Ebonheart and make it rather pointless.
    Yeah that's my concern. I'm not sure what they were thinking putting dark elves and nords in the same faction.

Deleted
    I'll be a Breton of the Daggerfall Covenant just because I love the lore of High Rock and Bretons.

(And to anyone who'd say "Bretons are just humans" don't be silly. They're still with elven heritage which is why they wield magic so well =D)

In addition, I love the background story regarding the Orcs so Daggerfall Covenant is perfect for someone like me =)

Perhaps they'll go the Planetside 2 route - if some of the factions are doing worse than the others, then that faction gains some boosts and/or bonuses.