I am all about the PVE, specifically end game dungeons and raiding. I am hoping it does this well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah the main feature that I was looking forward to was the RvR. But ever since camelot unchained was announced the enthusiasm for this game's rvr has waned a bit. I'm still looking forward to it though.
    Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to Camelot Unchained. That's gonna be quite a while before it's out though. I'm hoping ESO has good enough RvR to hold me over till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Beta invites go out at the end of March.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...tions-answered
    That was nice of them to let us know lol.

I guess I can stop watching till march lol
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Anyone else not really care about PvE and will play TESO as long as the combat system and RvR is good? At this point in my MMO career (LOL?), I'm about 95% PvP and 5% PvE. If the RvR feels like a spirit successor to DAOC, I'm all in.
    I don't care about pve or large scale pvp. I only want open world small scale pvp like 1v1 or 1v2 (I like trying to take on more than one person). Either that or arenas.

Deleted
    I wonder if it was a good idea to be honest in the beta application

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I wonder if it was a good idea to be honest in the beta application
    It's usually the best policy. I was. /shrug.

Even though I know they won't start the beta until closer to the end of the month, I will most likely continue to check my email inbox in the futile hopes that they will start early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i understand why they do it in ESO really, but i feel the same playing Skyrim, i just cant play in 3rd person, maybe something to do with the models in skyrim being pretty bad when in 3rd person, but i find it hard to aim and position attacks in 3rd person. going to take a bit of getting use to for me.
    Because you can't "target" in Skyrim, like you'd do in WoW for example. You have to aim, so naturally it's easier FPS style.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Because you can't "target" in Skyrim, like you'd do in WoW for example. You have to aim, so naturally it's easier FPS style.
    And so far it seems that you can "target" in teso

hopefully that won't make it to live.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    And so far it seems that you can "target" in teso

hopefully that won't make it to live.
    PvP without auto-aim is going to be abysmal. It's really great doing a series of attacks as you hit nothing but air on you way to your opponent when he's already moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    PvP without auto-aim is going to be abysmal. It's really great doing a series of attacks as you hit nothing but air on you way to your opponent when he's already moved.
    This is why you have server side interaction. Not client.

Because there's never been a multiplayer video game with aiming before.

Provided you're not playing with 500 ping (which would massively fuck you up with standard targeting anyways), it wouldn't be any different. You'd just have to use your mouse to aim, kinda how most people mouse turn to remain facing their targets anyways. I can't really think of a single MMO with standard combat where I haven't essentially kept my "crosshair" on my target by remaining facing directly at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Beta invites go out at the end of March.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...tions-answered
    Came here looking for exactly this. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I don't care about pve or large scale pvp. I only want open world small scale pvp like 1v1 or 1v2 (I like trying to take on more than one person). Either that or arenas.
    From what I can glean, it seems they're planning to make the game more large scale pvp focused.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    This is why you have server side interaction. Not client.
    Having played plenty of MMO's with aiming in them, I can safely say that none of them worked as well as an auto-targeted hot key system does. Now if ESO manages to make it work then all well and good. But in my experience and in my opinion, its not very likely.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    They should optimize it for at least the BARE minimum a intel 4000 for minimum specs.
    Considering what haswell looks to be bringing to the table I don't see spec's being an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I can't really think of a single MMO with standard combat where I haven't essentially kept my "crosshair" on my target by remaining facing directly at them.
    Keeping your crosshair on a target and actually hitting them with your abilities are two very different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I understand the mega server thing. Just how on earth will one server be able to hold so many players?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Not sure I understand the mega server thing. Just how on earth will one server be able to hold so many players?
    Sharding.

+10char