Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    quoting every sentence and replying in a snarky, immature way like that shows your true colors. keep the trolling out of this thread. you're a moderator, act like one

ON TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    According to who?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    quoting every sentence and replying in a snarky, immature way like that shows your true colors. keep the trolling out of this thread. you're a moderator, act like one

ON TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    And looking back at your posts, you just make asinine comments, where it seems you want every MMO to be like WoW. Rift did that, and failed. Plus how would you make TES like WoW or "the MMO genre" in your words? It would destroy the feel of a TES game...

Not sure WHY it has to have gear progression, I for one would be happy to play and game where someone with twice the gear farm me with just one spell or attack, since they don't need skill to own everyone else with half their health. TES doesn't really have "gear progression" in the sense of the word, since you can play one of the RPG naked and still win easily if you have the skill. Gear is usually more or less for looks if you have the skill. I mean in Skyrim my main is level 57 still rolling in dwarven armor because I like the looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, I've played plenty of RPG's without gear progression some of which could be transformed into MMO format, I wouldn't want to play them personally but not all progression has to be stats.

I understand where you're coming from, to me an MMORPG without progression seems stupid, but that doesn't void it of MMORPG status.

I must have missed the part where a gear grind or linear power progression were the most important components of a Massively Multiplayer Online game or even a Role Playing Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Not sure WHY it has to have gear progression, I for one would be happy to play and game where someone with twice the gear farm me with just one spell or attack, since they don't need skill to own everyone else with half their health. TES doesn't really have "gear progression" in the sense of the word, since you can play one of the RPG naked and still win easily if you have the skill. Gear is usually more or less for looks if you have the skill. I mean in Skyrim my main is level 57 still rolling in dwarven armor because I like the looks.
    This argument is silly, because you and I (and everyone) all know that even if you can kill shit completely naked in Skyrim, you're much stronger in gear. Assuming the guy in the better gear isn't a complete moron though, a naked opponent isn't going to beat him.

There most likely will be gear progression in the game, even for PvP. Sure, they'll boost you up, but there will still be gear progression at max level (from what I've read and learned about the game, this is my best guess). I don't think it's a bad thing either -- if I wanted to hop in and play I'd go play LoL or something. I like progression in my MMORPGs, and I like finding opponents who've progressed as much as I have. It also gives lesser-geared players something to aspire to.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

N TOPIC, lack of a gear grind and character progression makes it NOT an MMO, even if it's just PVP
    Since when did MMO (massively multiplayer online) stand for gear grinding character progression?

Deleted
    Eurgh, is this the same discussion i started about pvp gear?

i think pvp does need a reward, where's the fun in playing if there is no reward? But I think it should be cosmetic reward or minor upgrades or you end up with the situation wow has right now where new players or new to pvp characters will find it impossible to catch up.

i also think rewards should be based in your skill and not how much time you have to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This argument is silly, because you and I (and everyone) all know that even if you can kill shit completely naked in Skyrim, you're much stronger in gear. Assuming the guy in the better gear isn't a complete moron though, a naked opponent isn't going to beat him.

There most likely will be gear progression in the game, even for PvP. Sure, they'll boost you up, but there will still be gear progression at max level (from what I've read and learned about the game, this is my best guess). I don't think it's a bad thing either -- if I wanted to hop in and play I'd go play LoL or something. I like progression in my MMORPGs, and I like finding opponents who've progressed as much as I have. It also gives lesser-geared players something to aspire to.
    Yes, I know, but I don't think it will be as facestompy as a new level 90 in WoW, VS a full tyranical geared player. Even if the new level 90 is somehow more skilled (it's an alt or w/e) he will get curbstomped every time. From what I've seen, they seem to want to limit that in TESO. That's what I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think pvp does need a reward, where's the fun in playing if there is no reward?
    Because playing the game should be fun by itself? I'm all for cosmetic rewards and titles and nonsense, but I'm kinda blown away at the notion that activities need a reward in order to be fun >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewatched the vid again and saw that there will be addon support. That's pretty cool imo. Will be interesting to see what addons people can come up with for an MMO with first person capability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Because playing the game should be fun by itself? I'm all for cosmetic rewards and titles and nonsense, but I'm kinda blown away at the notion that activities need a reward in order to be fun >.>
    ok I worded that badly. I mean it gets a bit boring if there's nothing to aim for, at least for me anyway. It's nice to have a goal to ai. For, something to achiev,

ok I worded that badly. I mean it gets a bit boring if there's nothing to aim for, at least for me anyway. It's nice to have a goal to ai. For, something to achiev,
    Here's my goal for PvP.

Kill every mother fucker I see

and I'm having fun.

i think pvp does need a reward, where's the fun in playing if there is no reward?
    The enjoyment of beating opponents by skill alone in an environment that promotes equity?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Rewatched the vid again and saw that there will be addon support. That's pretty cool imo. Will be interesting to see what addons people can come up with for an MMO with first person capability.
    good, I like addon support!

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The enjoyment of beating opponents by skill alone in an environment that promotes equity?
    but its still good to have a reward, I would rather it just be some cosmetic armor or mount or something than better gear.
    Im going to use call of duty as an example, because its the best I've got right now, but once people reach max level on there and unlocked everything, they usually prestige, because its boring sitting at max level with nothing to unlock and it's cool to show off your new shiny title thing. Things can get pretty stale if there's no reward.

also, I'm trying to type frm my phone
    p
    anyway, want ever they chose to do, I hope we don't see a repeat of wow where players who play longer end up with a massive advantage overmatched players, even if the other player is more skilled but they don't have 6 hours a day to farm the best gear.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-03-21 at 02:30 AM.

but its still good to have a reward, I would rather it just be some cosmetic armor or mount or something than better gear.
    Im going to use call of duty as an example, because its the best I've got right now, but once people reach max level on there and unlocked everything, they usually prestige, because its boring sitting at max level with nothing to unlock and it's cool to show off your new shiny title thing. Things can get pretty stale if there's no reward.
    Then you are bored of the game not bored because there isn't any reward.

10+ Year Old Account

Issue is you're not responding without extrapolating into a fallacy.

And no, your 'definition' is skewed by your own preference.

I believe I said it back somewhere, reward the epeen, but not the character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Then you are bored of the game not bored because there isn't any reward.
    not really, it just gets stale doing the same thing over and over again if you get nothing from it.

wahts people's problem with cosmetic rewards from pvp? What's wrong with a small reward to keep people interested longer and reward those who are skilled?

10+ Year Old Account
    "you said things I don't agree with you must be trolling. Also mods aren't allowed to show any form of human life"

thats a good way of thinking guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Issue is you're not responding without extrapolating into a fallacy.

And no, your 'definition' is skewed by your own preference.

I believe I said it back somewhere, reward the epeen, but not the character.
    yes, that's why I'm saying cosmetic rewards, or novelty things like titles or mounts, I assume that's what you mean by reward the epeen not the character.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 02:45 AM ----------

And someone said earlier the gameplay should be fun enough to keep people playing,yes it should, and hopefully it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, that's why I'm saying cosmetic rewards, or novelty things like titles or mounts, I assume that's what you mean by reward the epeen not the character.
    Yeah basically. I don't mind not having a reward, but if they need one, just give em something to show off.