Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I don't know if any MMO ever tried to implement something like this, or if it's even possible, but I've had this idea for a while, and thought I'd share (sorry if it sounds dumb, at least I thought it was interesting...)

I always wanted to see some sort of ''political play'' in MMORPGs.

For example, some way to become a ''mayor'' or an ''officer'', so that you can recruit people for a cause to battle to achieve X goal.
    Or, if you're a ''politician'' or some sort of ''warchief'' (sorry, I'm lacking words) you could implement plans to build X type of defense or to bring in Y type of vendors (or something else) to the city you ''work'' for, and other players could vote/pay for it if they like the idea.

I know this is very vague, but I hope at least one of you gets what I'm trying to say... sorry, I'm sleepy atm -.-
    You pretty much just described Tera's political system. Players are elected to serve in each game area and they can add in vendors, banks, and other things. They can't add in defense or anything though. And TESO will have an emperor through PVP but far as I know there has been no word on just what they will be able to do/modify in the game world other then be a target for every other player in the game.

One massive server per region means that it's going to be hard to do and even harder to keep for any period of time imo. Also have a good feeling that having 3+ million people playing on a server is going to mean lots of lag ... really hope they can find a way to control it or people will turn away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    One player will be able to be crowned emperor of Cyrodil. They haven't stated what you can do with the power you get from it, but I assume it will be epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    sneeep
    Ah, I didn't know Tera had that, nice!

Also, maybe you guys are right, we still don't know what the Emperor can do so maybe it has some relation with this...
    Would be nice if they could talk a little bit more about what you can do as an Emperor.

Ah, I didn't know Tera had that, nice!

Also, maybe you guys are right, we still don't know what the Emperor can do so maybe it has some relation with this...
    Would be nice if they could talk a little bit more about what you can do as an Emperor.
    If I am ever emperor I plan on running around naked and trying to trick people into thinking I am wearing fanciful robes.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    If I am ever emperor I plan on running around naked and trying to trick people into thinking I am wearing fanciful robes.
    Did I miss a reference?

Did I miss a reference?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes

If I am ever emperor everyone will get a corgi and how high ranking they are in society will be decided according to how well they take care of their corgi and how happy the corgi is.

On a related note, the political thing was one reason I didn't get into the game very much. It's just one of those things that turns me off from games. I can understand why some people would like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    If I am ever emperor everyone will get a corgi and how high ranking they are in society will be decided according to how well they take care of their corgi and how happy the corgi is.

On a related note, the political thing was one reason I didn't get into the game very much. It's just one of those things that turns me off from games. I can understand why some people would like it though.
    What don't you like about it? Just wondering.

I like the idea of political gameplay in an mmo. I'm not really sold on the way they implementing on becoming Emperor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I like the idea of political gameplay in an mmo. I'm not really sold on the way they implementing on becoming Emperor though.
    I bet you any amount of money that guilds or people will just sell Emperor boosts. That is, if it's possible to do that.

I mean look at WoW. I'm pretty sure over half of 2400 ratings were boosted or bought.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I bet you any amount of money that guilds or people will just sell Emperor boosts. That is, if it's possible to do that.

I mean look at WoW. I'm pretty sure over half of 2400 ratings were boosted or bought.
    Eh, that very much depends on what kind of ''boosts'' an Emperor gets.

The first emperor will probably be called "Emperor xXFartXx" -.-

I'm still on the edge on how long it should take to be Emperor. Like WoW vanilla grand marshal, that took a very long time to do, and you had to be incredibly dedicated.

Also, It better not be where only massive zerg guilds get it. I wonder if there's going to be any kind of strategy at all. Most of the time these massive PvP battles in games are always dominated by the zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'm still on the edge on how long it should take to be Emperor. Like WoW vanilla grand marshal, that took a very long time to do, and you had to be incredibly dedicated.

Also, It better not be where only massive zerg guilds get it. I wonder if there's going to be any kind of strategy at all. Most of the time these massive PvP battles in games are always dominated by the zerg.
    As someone who legitimately grinded themselves to r11 (which on my server was like, top 30) I can tell you that guild play will always dominate these sorts of grinds.
    For example, I realized I was being passed on the leader boards by someone who I was always stomping outside of IF. I thought, "I play like, 10 hours a day and get redonkulous honor per match, what gives?" So I talked to him and he was having some guildies play his account when he was sleeping / at work. So I started asking around and most the GMs I came across were actually multiple players taking shifts. I was extremely disillusioned. One of them even told me I wouldn't break top 10 without finding someone to cover my night shift. I had a guild tell me to stop playing for 2 weeks so they could get their GMs gf grand marshal before TBC came out.

I hated that server.

"There must always be...AN EMPEROR. The imperials will run rampant without anyone to control them!".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Would be nice if becoming Emperor would involve something else other than combat.

Say, gathering supplies, delivering them to help the war front, maybe add in some PvE... but that's me, I know some PvP'ers would hate that.

As someone who legitimately grinded themselves to r11 (which on my server was like, top 30) I can tell you that guild play will always dominate these sorts of grinds.
    For example, I realized I was being passed on the leader boards by someone who I was always stomping outside of IF. I thought, "I play like, 10 hours a day and get redonkulous honor per match, what gives?" So I talked to him and he was having some guildies play his account when he was sleeping / at work. So I started asking around and most the GMs I came across were actually multiple players taking shifts. I was extremely disillusioned. One of them even told me I wouldn't break top 10 without finding someone to cover my night shift. I had a guild tell me to stop playing for 2 weeks so they could get their GMs gf grand marshal before TBC came out.

I hated that server.
    It wasnt just your server, I know we boosted the first 7 HWs on Hyjal with team manipulation(realm first guild doing premade) and playing the persons character that was in line for the next HW during off hours. I was a healer so rank 11(epic mount) was all that was worth going for at the time.

What don't you like about it? Just wondering.
    I am not a fan of political things in general because they always feel like popularity things and I am bad at those 100% my issue, and not me saying that games shouldn't have those at all. Just makes it less fun for me

I am not a fan of political things in general because they always feel like popularity things and I am bad at those 100% my issue, and not me saying that games shouldn't have those at all. Just makes it less fun for me
    Not a problem, the question was very personal anyway.

Thanks for responding.

10+ Year Old Account
    They more accurately simulate real politics than we'd probably care to admit...

Also, apparently this was my 9001st post. You all saw it here, folks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    They more accurately simulate real politics than we'd probably care to admit...

Also, apparently this was my 9001st post. You all saw it here, folks!
    At least in a game there's a chance you could vote for someone you actually like rather than which turd is shinier .