The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    never understood why blizzard removed it
    They "removed" (they made nights bright) it because with all the time zones there was a lot of people who always played at Server Time Night. That wasn't cool.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They "removed" (they made nights bright) it because with all the time zones there was a lot of people who always played at Server Time Night. That wasn't cool.
    Why remove it? Why not put in shorter cycles? Day/Night cycles were a feature in Warcraft and they just scrubbed it away.

Would be interesting if mob behavior changed during Day/Night cycles. Wolves hunting during the night or certain mobs changing tactics if it's night or day. Example being a couple of bandits might outright attack you in the day or they may quietly set a trap before the encounter and ambush you during the night. Night and Day cycles could be a really nice addition to the smart mob UI if TESO plays their cards right.

On another note...This game better have cloaks! Also hope there's no NPC's like Nazeem...would drive me crazy in not being able to kill them lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently playing a game called Dragon's Dogma and the night cycle is kinda cool. The more dangerous monsters come out and your vision is obscured by the darkness, so you have to use a lantern. If you get drenched your lantern will go out and you have to move through the darkness until you dry. Some of the traveling merchants sell better goods during the night as well. I know a lot of people would get pissed if they added that in ESO, but I like that kind of realism.

So PvP in this game will resemble DAoC somewhat, enemy* players can't enter your home territories at all and to PvP you need to get your behind out in "emain macha" and get CC-rolled by the hibs as it were. I can dig that.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Ask Us Anything released today.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...variety-pack-4

Deleted
    Wonderful! The Lusty Argonian Maid volumes have made it into ESO!

(It's little things like this that tell me we're in for a good game!)

wait a second.... how the hell will those books be in the game? like... the guy that wrote them was alive at the time of morrowind O.o

i detect some daedra tomfoolery.

Something that is in big debate on every single forum I've seen as of late is the life expectancy of the different races of Tamriel for roleplaying purposes. Can you please elaborate and give us some numbers to work with for each race or at least the Elven races (Altmer, Bosmer, and Dunmer)? – By Nathan Payne / Andrew Hudson

Elves live two to three times as long as humans and the “beast-races” (Orcs, Khajiiti, Argonians). A 200-year-old Elf is old; a 300-year-old Elf is very, very old indeed. Anyone older than that has prolonged his or her lifespan through powerful magic.
    Something that is in big debate on every single forum I've seen as of late is the life expectancy of the different races of Tamriel for roleplaying purposes
    So what I infer from that is that other forums are useless.

Will there be some puzzles that require us to move around blocks to open up something? Will there be puzzles at all? – By Libor Held

Absolutely!
    Seriously? Isn't this present in nearly every RPG that gets released nowadays or in the past dozen years? Why would you even ask this question. I don't understand people.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-05-07 at 01:13 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

that doesn't seem right. 200 years old would be old for a dunmer, maybe a bosmer, but altmer live a lot longer than that. i'd put 600 as being old for an altmer.

My guess is the Lusty Argonian Maid books are somewhat of an Easter Egg for ESO.

Hermaeus Mora can poop out books from both the past and the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

Seriously? Isn't this present in nearly every RPG that gets released nowadays or in the past dozen years? Why would you even ask this question. I don't understand people.
    There's a lot of RPGs that don't have puzzles. WoW has some obstacle courses, but doesn't really have any puzzles. (I'm not bashing WoW. Begone creatures of the night!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Got an email from Elder Scrolls people. Hoping it was for Beta invite. It wasn't
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    There's a lot of RPGs that don't have puzzles. WoW has some obstacle courses, but doesn't really have any puzzles. (I'm not bashing WoW. Begone creatures of the night!)
    Exactly what kind of puzzles are we talking about?

The kind that existed in resident evil 1 and 2 ?
    Because that would be awesome.

Deleted
    when's the next gaming expo? I hope we'll see a shitload of new infos on the game...

I know that there'll be a playable build at gamescom in cologne/germany ... but that's another 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    when's the next gaming expo? I hope we'll see a shitload of new infos on the game...

I know that there'll be a playable build at gamescom in cologne/germany ... but that's another 3 months
    oooh, if I didn't hate Köln so much I'd go there to check it out.

Ebonheart Pact ftw
    Last edited by Gnarz; 2013-05-09 at 01:22 AM. Reason: typ

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post

I believe E3 is next month and ESO will have a playable demo there.

There's speculation that ZOS may give a release date or reveal their business model then. But hopefully we will at least get more game info.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-05-09 at 01:45 AM.

Wonder how the Auction/trading system will work with the mega-server tech, I'm assuming you can't trade with the other Pacts so that eliminates one big Auction house in my mind. Can't have AH's dedicated to what survey options you picked as well. As i remember that you had the option to change who you wanna play with 'Realms' so to speak. So really only leaves the option to have 3 pact AH's with different economies : / Or they go with a neutral AH which i doubt will happen.