Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I prefer the limited skills with different load outs like in GW2/GW/TSW
    yeah, but beeing limited to two weapon sets is a bit too dull ...

I like the idea of skills bound to weapons/armor and I think it would be quite nifty if you can change between every weapon you carry during a fight, maybe with a short/medium cooldown (make the decision matter) ..

tied to a elder-scrolls like weight limit we might see warrior-archetypes carrying an arsenal of different weapons with different skills, whereas rogue-archetypes carry less weapons but they are able to switch the "handling" of the weapon (different fighting styles, different skill set while sneaking, ... ) and the mage-archetypes have access to a lot more spells/spell schools

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    On this topic - Do you guys prefer lots or few buttons to press?

I gotta say I don't like only having few abilities (like in GW2), I prefer the WoW model.
    Dislike having 20 keybinds, about 4 I nearly constantly use, 4 I use somewhat frequently, and then remaining 12 are very situational but are necessary enough to keybind despite their minimal use.

That's one of my big gripes with SWTOR and some of the souls in Rift. There are too many damn keybinds. It's not that it's hard to use them (shift/alt modifiers, non numerical hotkeys, 17 button mouse), it's just annoying.

I honestly much prefer smaller hotbars a la DCUO/TSW/GW2. Especially considering much of the combat in ESO is apparently going to come from right/left click. Honestly, Vindictus combat can be more challenging/tactical with only right/left click and a dodge button, than Tera can be with similar action combat and a whole host of hotkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Honestly, Vindictus combat can be more challenging/tactical with only right/left click and a dodge button, than Tera can be with similar action combat and a whole host of hotkeys.
    Thumbs Up!

I wish more games would copy Vindictus combat. I really thought ESO would have been a perfect mmo to have that combat with.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    ZeniMax Online are the developers, Besthesda Softworks is still publishing it, and to say they all work in the same building... I think they get a say in how it develops

I just can't see a cash shop in this game, maybe they will but if they do, they'd keep what they sell on it very... selected.
    ZOS and Bethesda do not work in the same building. Bethesda is located in Rockville, ZOS is located in Hunt Valley.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I was just on the Elder Scrolls wiki and it says you're able to marry other players. That is going to be hilarious for RP.
    What wiki are you reading this off of? Could someone possibly link it, I have not been able to find it.
    Last edited by Asuza; 2013-06-19 at 06:29 PM.
    Kiyu - TG
    http://gimpedguild.org

h
    ttp://www.justin.tv/kiyuulive - Warlock PoV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuza View Post

What wiki are you reading this off of? Could someone possibly link it, I have not been able to find it.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/T...r_Scrolls_Wiki

First thing on the page. It's under the key points of the E3 roundup.

I think 10-12 is an ideal amount for me, maybe allowing a weapon switch too to switch some abilities. My thing with gw2 isn't having only 10-15 skills at a time, it's the fact that you unlock all the main weapon skills so early. Something I love is leveling up and learning more skills and spells. After 30, you kind of knew all the skills you wanted to in gw2.

Deleted
    But I want at least 30 keybinds that I would need in most situations. Dozens of buttons make for skilled gameplay.

Sarcasm, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well thats not true. I played Elder Scrolls since Morrowind and i'v have been playing WoW since 2005 and i dont have any probs...
    I guess you represent both the 10 million + skyrim purchasers and 9 million WoW players?

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 09:04 PM ----------

I gotta say I don't like only having few abilities (like in GW2), I prefer the WoW model.
    I like having MEANINGFUL buttons.

Having 10 abilities that do, essentially, the same thing is just silly. Adding augments to basic strike to make you weave them in a specific order is just adding DDR to wack a mole. Rift does this a lot with their rogue trees. X ability > Y ability > Z ability to maximize their effect. There is no reason for it other than trying to mask a boring combat system.

Vindictus does so much difficulty with so little buttons.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Kinda hoping it plays out like the usual Elder Scrolls. Not too many abilities but you have the freedom to switch them around as you please. Having 20+ keybindings for something that isn't involving tab targeting sounds rather hideous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Kinda hoping it plays out like the usual Elder Scrolls. Not too many abilities but you have the freedom to switch them around as you please. Having 20+ keybindings for something that isn't involving tab targeting sounds rather hideous to me.
    It's possible.
    It's just hard to do right. In an action mmo, redundant abilities are absolutely annoying.
    But playing with something like a razor naga makes 20 keybinds, or more, easy to manage as it becomes muscle memory.
    Now, the main problem is, can you have a balanced kits with 20 meaningfully different abilities per? Probably not. Unless you want every kit to fulfill every role at once. I mean, there's only so many ways you can shoot a gun or heal a person. Second generation MMOs have artificially inflated that number by adding variations that would be unnecessary in a third generation MMO.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is how the game is setup: LMB - Light/Power Attack, RMB - Block, RMB + LMB - Bash/Interrupt, double push WASD - Dodge, 1-5 - Abilities, 6 - Ultimate, and Q - Consumable.

Might be something I missed, but I think that's all of the commands in this game.

Dislike having 20 keybinds, about 4 I nearly constantly use, 4 I use somewhat frequently, and then remaining 12 are very situational but are necessary enough to keybind despite their minimal use.

That's one of my big gripes with SWTOR and some of the souls in Rift. There are too many damn keybinds. It's not that it's hard to use them (shift/alt modifiers, non numerical hotkeys, 17 button mouse), it's just annoying.

I honestly much prefer smaller hotbars a la DCUO/TSW/GW2. Especially considering much of the combat in ESO is apparently going to come from right/left click. Honestly, Vindictus combat can be more challenging/tactical with only right/left click and a dodge button, than Tera can be with similar action combat and a whole host of hotkeys.
    I've never seen Vindictus combat system, what do you like the most about it?

A link to a video (if it's not a problem) would be nice.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    Here is how the game is setup: LMB - Light/Power Attack, RMB - Block, RMB + LMB - Bash/Interrupt, double push WASD - Dodge, 1-5 - Abilities, 6 - Ultimate, and Q - Consumable.

Might be something I missed, but I think that's all of the commands in this game.
    seems correct from what I remenber

A link to a video (if it's not a problem) would be nice.
    Doesn't really show well in a video, but it's basically action combat without a crosshair and no hotkeys. Everything is accomplished by using combinations of right click (fast attack), left click (smash/strong/finisher attack), with the ability to grapple with enemies or throw things like pots/broken fences at them. Combat is primarily a series of clicks where you combo abilities together based on what's going on around you, and then dodge around to avoid damage.

It's a game well worth checking out for the combat system. If ESO can create a combat system anywhere near as good then it will do pretty well.

A link to a video (if it's not a problem) would be nice
    here is a let's play video for the archer class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uspgwv5MR8

and one for a melee class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFyrEOCwAuE

Also to add to what edge said, there are certain ability combos that use the keyboard as well.

Doesn't really show well in a video, but it's basically action combat without a crosshair and no hotkeys. Everything is accomplished by using combinations of right click (fast attack), left click (smash/strong/finisher attack), with the ability to grapple with enemies or throw things like pots/broken fences at them. Combat is primarily a series of clicks where you combo abilities together based on what's going on around you, and then dodge around to avoid damage.

It's a game well worth checking out for the combat system. If ESO can create a combat system anywhere near as good then it will do pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    here is a let's play video for the archer class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uspgwv5MR8

and one for a melee class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFyrEOCwAuE

Also to add to what edge said, there are certain ability combos that use the keyboard as well.

wow, that's actually very nice, I had never seen a combat system like this in an MMO.

If TESO is like that I don't think I'll mind having only a few key bindings.
    Thank you very much!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuza View Post
    ZOS and Bethesda do not work in the same building. Bethesda is located in Rockville, ZOS is located in Hunt Valley.
    Because there is absolutely no communication between between Zenimax Online Studios and Zenimax Media (who share the same building as Bethesda...)

Because there is absolutely no communication between between Zenimax Online Studios and Zenimax Media (who share the same building as Bethesda...)
    They've stated they are working with Bethesda to ensure that they stay consistent with the lore. Beyond that they haven't gone into any detail about how Bethesda is influencing/impacting the game.

A happy medium, like others have stated. FFXIV:ARR seems to hit the nail on the head for me at it rounds out close to 15~ per class type before you cross meld abilities from other classes. Just enough to be busy, but not enough to be overwhelmed.

I never said there wasn't communication, I'm just saying they are not in the same building. I know how much they communicate on some aspects, and on how little they do on others. Bethesdas influence on the game development is a lot smaller than you think.
    Kiyu - TG
    http://gimpedguild.org

h
    ttp://www.justin.tv/kiyuulive - Warlock PoV

10+ Year Old Account

i think GW2 has too few abilities, i like that it changes with weapons, but sometimes only having like 5spells gets a bit boring, but i think WoW has too many, would like to see between 10-20 really.

the reason is keybinds, i hate having so many keybinds really, on WoW i don't have enough keybinds im good at using for half my classes so have to click some spells.
    dragonmaw - EU