Calling it now, this game will tank.

[infracted]
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-06-25 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I'm kind of bummed that I'll only be seeing 3 player races throughout my PvE experience.
    not quite. You'll visit the other two faction-zones after hitting level 50 and it would be odd if you won't encounter the other races there.
    But there will be no interaction between players of the three factions outside of cyrodiil ...

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i just hope some collector edition with beta acces.. >.<

cant wait anymore :>
    would be awesome, but it's gonna be a while until then. I'm guessing "open" beta december - january

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    Calling it now, this game will tank.
    I personally feel the same, but then again, many people find Skyrim the pinnacle of gaming, so I guess opinions differ

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    ..."open" beta december - january
    We all know the beta will be "open" for prepurchased players only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I suppose the beta will be "open" for prepurchased players only, but I do not have any information to back up ANY of my arguments.
    FTFY.

seriously, just stop the bashing already, none of your arguments have been valid. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I've been following this game since it was announced and really as it's come closer and closer to release, I'm starting to get a sour taste in my mouth. All the information they give us contradicts what information we were provided before, and it's just coming off as more and more of a disappointment. I'm getting the feeling the developers don't exactly know what they want. They announced an MMORPG, now they're calling it 'multiplayer'. The original concept and early design choices were quickly changed because hardly a soul was interested and all the hype it generated was mostly a big, fat 'meh'. They seem to be backtracking to the 'meh' stage, and I'm seeing that the hype is beginning to die off.

I'm getting tired of long waits with little or lack of information and the developers constantly dodging the questions everyone is asking. And I'm getting the feeling a lot of people are too. If the developers don't know what they want, how is the game in any way going to be successful?
    I think part of the problem is when we first started really hearing about ESO, it seemed like it was MUCH further along in its development than it apparently was. Just for frame of reference, Wildstar and ESO both really got on people's radar at about the same time. At first it felt like ESO was further along than Wildstar, but now that seems to have swapped. I don't know if they had to scrape some things to redesign for consoles or if there was something else going on.

As for long waits for MMOs... I am right there with you. I understand the need to build a following for new MMOs but I wish it was a cycle of months instead of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    FTFY.

seriously, just stop the bashing already, none of your arguments have been valid. Ever.
    Just ignore him already.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I personally feel the same, but then again, many people find Skyrim the pinnacle of gaming, so I guess opinions differ
    It's funny, considering with each new part TES games get dumbed-down. Compare Skyrim to Oblivion, and that to Morrowind. And even that to Daggerfall. So I really don't understand how anyone can consider Skyrim the pinnacle of gaming. But seeing how 50 % of the playerbase plays Sims with Skyrim - guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I see this game going the way of Guild Wars 2. It'll be fun playing it for a few months, but it isn't going to have longevity at least for me personally. This is fine as many single player games won't give you this much $/content ratio in the first place.

As for other mmos FF14 looks to be shaping up to take my attention for a bit. Wildstar looks fun, but really I want to move on to an mmo that has a different art style than what they are delivering. The BIG one I'm pretty sure is Everquest Next and it will be revealed in August.
    Last edited by Height; 2013-06-26 at 08:38 PM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Interview with Nick, Maria and Brian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzX1d2I_b88

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Compare Skyrim to ... Daggerfall.
    Daggerfall is extremely primitive game. The world consists of featureless plane and about 150 reused dungeons. Primitive weapon damage/AR stats. Trivial skills. Utilitarian magic. Skyrim is leaps and bounds ahead of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Interview with Nick, Maria and Brian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzX1d2I_b88
    Thanks. Hmm i wonder how the race skills will play out.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    It's funny, considering with each new part TES games get dumbed-down. Compare Skyrim to Oblivion, and that to Morrowind. And even that to Daggerfall. So I really don't understand how anyone can consider Skyrim the pinnacle of gaming. But seeing how 50 % of the playerbase plays Sims with Skyrim - guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    Gaming was lot smaller niche back when Daggerfall or even Morrowind came out. Nowdays everyone can play, and many people's first TES game experience was Skyrim, and if you go by that, compare the game to current open world rpgs, or just to other games. It is a pretty well done game, and if you never played with ealier titles, you have no idea that the games changed so much

Is Skyrim good game? Definitely, pinnacle of gaming? No, entry point into open world rpg/TES games? Probably one of the best if not the best entry game
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-06-28 at 05:18 AM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Gaming was lot smaller niche back when Daggerfall or even Morrowind came out. Nowdays everyone can play, and many people's first TES game experience was Skyrim, and if you go by that, compare the game to current open world rpgs, or just to other games. It is a pretty well done game, and if you never played with ealier titles, you have no idea that the games changed so much

Is Skyrim good game? Definitely, pinnacle of gaming? No, entry point into open world rpg/TES games? Probably one of the best if not the best entry game
    I haven't played Arena only. And games like Redguard, so can't say anything about them. And after Daggerfall each new games becomes more easier and more accessible. I may be talking from my "old-nostalgic" point of view, but I liked when games offered a challenge. When they made me stuck on some level for a day or two, on some mob etc. When there were consequences from your actions ( death, losing items on your death, having restart from scratch or something like that) .

Nowadays I find myself sitting through the hardest game modes with a straight face, finishing the game and in the end the only shock I experience is "That's it?". The games became more like a entertainment thing for everybody, instead of gamers, you got that right. They became something like TV, sports etc when everyone can enjoy them, thus making them more accessible, and more boring for me personally. Or perhaps I'm just get old Yeah, probably that.

I don't want to say Skyrim is a bad game, but it's not a good one either. 6 out 10 for me. Though if they combined the storytelling and quests from Oblivion, and armor/weapons from Morrowind, I would give Skyrim 9 out 10. But sadly, with each new game they just continue to delete content, instead of adding it.

Morrowind > Skyrim any day of the week.

10+ Year Old Account

New overview vid showing some old and possibly new footage of combat and some explanations. Apparently they're back tracking on the whole "defeat any encounter with any combination of roles" and sticking with the need for a dedicated tank and healer.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-06-30 at 08:20 AM.

I wish it wasn't going to console, but otherwise I remain excited to give this game a shot. Here's hoping they don't dumb it down too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    New overview vid showing some old and possibly new footage of combat and some explanations. Apparently they're back tracking on the whole "defeat any encounter with any combination of roles" and sticking with the need for a dedicated tank and healer.
    well ... I just hope they don't screw up on the aggro/tanking and healing mechanics - aiming heals at other players as a healer and keeping track of multiple mobs as a tank isn't that easy with a controller.
    I just hope this won't result in completely dumbed down mechanics (only non-targeted AE heals and AE taunts)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post

Uh, they never said they were trying to take the trinity out of this game, but more that it will be more of a loose trinity system. You don't only have to be the "pure tank" of the Dragon Knight with one hand+shield to be able to clear anything, or the "pure healer" which is the Templar with a Restoration Staff. You can be a Sorcerer that can tank, or a Nightblade that can heal. They never said they wanted to get rid of healers and tanks out of groups, just that you can pick whatever class you want and create your own "unique" version of that role type.

So no backtracking was ever done here by ZeniMax, Again they never said they wanted to get rid of the trinity system, more that the class you pick won't pigeon-hole you into a specific role of the trinity that you found in MMOs like WoW. I'm sure many of us don't want to see another system like GW2 where there were no real tanks in the game and it was all about doing as much damage as you can before you die then just rez back up and rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Zanag; 2013-06-30 at 03:59 PM.