Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    There is nothing other games can offer that will be better than WoW ever
    Yea, there is: the PvP system of ESO. For me, personally, it's the only thing that interests me in this game. I dont care about PvE, i dont care about anything else. If they get the PvP system right, it's gonna be amazing. WoWs PvP system sucks big time compared to how good this could be.

Actually I am not even playing WoW anymore. The game has turned into a social grindfest it's impossible for anyone to play it unless you commit a huge chunk of time per week

Now as for ESO
    1. Alternative level design : Can you elaborate on that?
    2. TES combat: I watched the video on that. It seems like a hybrid of TES and tab targetting. Namely you need to aim but you can still tab target and as long as you are in the general direction your spell will hit. And didn't TERA already did this?
    3. How is that any different from RIFT? (which is F2p)
    4. Just like what GW2 promised. (B2P)
    5. If they can reach close to the quality of SWTOR voice acting, that might have an initial awesome factor. But we all play SWTOR, and we all know that in the long run voice acting means nothing. (SWTOR is F2P)

The point I am trying to raise is.. ESO has not offered anything that made ppl go.. HOLY SHIT, this game is so much better than all other B2P or F2P games such that I must commint 60 bucks box copy AND 15 bucks per month to access this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Actually I am not even playing WoW anymore. The game has turned into a social grindfest it's impossible for anyone to play it unless you commit a huge chunk of time per week

Now as for ESO
    1. Alternative level design : Can you elaborate on that?
    2. TES combat: I watched the video on that. It seems like a hybrid of TES and tab targetting. Namely you need to aim but you can still tab target and as long as you are in the general direction your spell will hit. And didn't TERA already did this?
    3. How is that any different from RIFT?
    4. Just like what GW2 promised.
    5. If they can reach close to the quality of SWTOR voice acting, that might have an initial awesome factor. But we all play SWTOR, and we all know that in the long run voice acting means nothing.
    1. You complete a zone by completing it's objective. The example they used was completing a set of armor or something.
    2. Not exactly.
    3. Why does it have to be different than Rift to be better than WoW in this aspect? I would take rifts build a bear class system over most anything on the market. Besides, it sounds like it's going to be a bit more like Skyrim in terms of progressing your character toward being something.
    4. And?
    5. It isn't like swtors voice acting. It's like skyrims.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

This is what ESO Is from what I've seen(without breaking NDA).

Skyrim MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This is what ESO Is from what I've seen(without breaking NDA).

Skyrim MMO.
    In a non-bashing way, pretty much. There's no point in comparing it to other MMOs as it's far easier to compare it to skyrim + MMO features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Yea, there is: the PvP system of ESO. For me, personally, it's the only thing that interests me in this game. I dont care about PvE, i dont care about anything else. If they get the PvP system right, it's gonna be amazing. WoWs PvP system sucks big time compared to how good this could be.
    Didn't they already say they aren't going for balanced arena based pvp? It's just going to be zergy faceroll just like WvW in GW2.

Deleted
    For all Europeans wondering why they haven't received any Beta-invite yet ...

Lizzy – When can we expect beta for Europe players?

Maria Aliprando (Creature Combat Designer) – We’re holding back on announcing when we’re going to go to European beta just because we’re still sorting out our tech. We are starting stress testing right now in the US so that means that our numbers are going to rapidly increase very soon.
    source

i knew it and I fucking hate them for keeping up my hope for so long. Did they point out somewhere on their beta-application that european players shouldn't expect any invites anytime soon? Bah!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post

source

i knew it and I fucking hate them for keeping up my hope for so long. Did they point out somewhere on their beta-application that european players shouldn't expect any invites anytime soon? Bah!
    No they did not.... would've been nice to know this from the get go.

Fucking hell.

I told you that 2 months ago.

Deleted
    What does a stress test in the US beta have anything to do with the EU beta not being active?

-Lizzy deflects your question. Its super effective!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    What does a stress test in the US beta have anything to do with the EU beta not being active?

-Lizzy deflects your question. Its super effective!
    I think you misunderstood a little bit. The part about "sorting the tech" in Europe probably means that their Frankfurt servers aren't operational yet. Also most likely they don't want people from Europe playing on beta servers in the US which must still be unoptimized and adding additional latency into the equation would result only in a crappy beta experience for European players.

EDIT: FYI, I'm from Europe too and frankly don't expect to get a beta invite until the last weeks when they will let anyone and their grandmothers in anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2013-08-26 at 02:19 PM.

Hoping to get an invite soon still. The game is still worth a sub for now from what I've seen and want, but of course proof is in the pudding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    I think you misunderstood a little bit.
    What is there to misunderstand. She said "We are starting stress testing right now in the US" as a last part of the paragraph which is about the EU beta. My point was that the 2nd half has absolutely nothing to do with the 1st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbzow View Post
    So....You need to buy the game for what...60$?, then they demand 15$ a month?....And ofcourse the micro transactions we musn't forget.

I can already see the future of this game, and It's not positive I can tell.
    Have to see. It depends a lot on how well the game releases. One may argue that 'OH MY STARS IT'S A BIG FRANCHISE!' but people said the same thing about SWTOR and look how quickly that fell down the pit where Aion and Rift are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Have to see. It depends a lot on how well the game releases. One may argue that 'OH MY STARS IT'S A BIG FRANCHISE!' but people said the same thing about SWTOR and look how quickly that fell down the pit where Aion and Rift are right now.
    And let's not forget, it's a big franchise... as a B2P game. Not as a subscription game.

There's a chance that most of the skyrim folks haven't been conditioned for a decade to handle being asked to pay 15 bucks a month to play a game they already bought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    And let's not forget, it's a big franchise... as a B2P game. Not as a subscription game.

There's a chance that most of the skyrim folks haven't been conditioned for a decade to handle being asked to pay 15 bucks a month to play a game they already bought.
    I was comparing it to Star Wars, when a lot of people said 'They can handle a sub model because of their fans cause it's so popular'

I was comparing it to Star Wars, when a lot of people said 'They can handle a sub model because of their fans cause it's so popular'
    Which, of course was silly given that SWG was aroun 50k subscribers.

Erm, Aion had issues in that it was just a translated version of teh Korean game when it launched. It's stabilized and now has a pretty healthy population with regular updates.

Rift lasted over 2 years an an expansion as a subscription based game while being profitable, and is now seeing an increase in revenue post-transition. Their content has slowed, but hopefully it will pick back up soon.

SWTOR stemmed their mass exodus of players and have brought themselves to a stable location where they release new content every 8 weeks and have been for months now. I may not like their business model, but it's very solid for them.

So while yes, two of the three aforementioned games struggled as subscription based games (Rift did not), all three are in decidedly stable and profitable positions. I don't see how they're "down the pit" right now at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post

source

They didn't, but I'm glad soon we'll also have the chance to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you allowed to say anything about the game at all if you are in Beta? The NDA is tl;dr

Nvm it's on first page, derp derp. I feel retarded now.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2013-08-26 at 09:46 PM.