Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Yeah there's no reason for the deletion limit to be in now. It was put in because of the bots at launch, but now that they're gone it's useless.

People are wanting race changes because of their racials suck now, or they're unhappy with their racials.
    Racials don't make THAT big of a difference. You won't be denied a group if you're an Argonian tank, instead of a Nord tank or something.

But I don't think race changes will come, ever. The ability to recustomize your character and more hairstyles will be coming to the crown store(ZOE would be complete idiots to not add that).
    I think stuff like barber shop shouldn't be a crownstore feature, atleast for subscribers. I have less problems with it if they asked some crowns for non-subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh... guess it was an mistake to do the dungeons (once) while leveling... now I'm 7 levels above Quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Pre-sales for the first volume of the art book are up
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...vol-1-pre-sale
    Out of stock already.. bah! I wanted to order one, just got back from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    I couldn't give details but I do know sword and board is very popular in PvP even for non-tanky types..that's mostly for the charge/stun, spell reflect, and added armor. I don't think you could make a pure dps build out of it, but I did used to run it on my DK while leveling and it works just fine for killin' stuff. Now that NBs have three stamina morphs in their class skills it would be easier.
    That does make wonder now, if I should go 15/20/15 or 20/10/20 for my stats. Is all of the life drains and what not viable enough to warrant me having lower health? Or should I still make sure to have 20 in health?

I intend on possibly going either 5 heavy, 2 medium. Or 5 medium, 2 heavy armor wise (Still not 100% sure what the difference is, but I guess it means heavy = health, medium = stamina, light = magicka?)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    That does make wonder now, if I should go 15/20/15 or 20/10/20 for my stats. Is all of the life drains and what not viable enough to warrant me having lower health? Or should I still make sure to have 20 in health?

I intend on possibly going either 5 heavy, 2 medium. Or 5 medium, 2 heavy armor wise (Still not 100% sure what the difference is, but I guess it means heavy = health, medium = stamina, light = magicka?)
    1) No, these aren't exactly how it works. Look into the actual trait lines before deciding your armor type. The general idea for what you are talking about is right, but they have different synergies with different builds and classes.
    2) They recently changed a lot of abilities so that you can morph them into stamina...as a tank you probably want to focus on stam now and not magic anymore. It's sorta counter intuitive now to build for magic if you plan on tanking. There's some room for hybrid stuff, but actually spending trait points on it seems wasteful when you could accomplish it with gear/enchants.
    BAD WOLF

yeah, barbershop shouldn't be a crown feature. something that costs real money needs to be a big change, like race change or re-naming yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    1) No, these aren't exactly how it works. Look into the actual trait lines before deciding your armor type. The general idea for what you are talking about is right, but they have different synergies with different builds and classes.
    2) They recently changed a lot of abilities so that you can morph them into stamina...as a tank you probably want to focus on stam now and not magic anymore. It's sorta counter intuitive now to build for magic if you plan on tanking. There's some room for hybrid stuff, but actually spending trait points on it seems wasteful when you could accomplish it with gear/enchants.
    Eh... not exactly building for tanking though. I am building for damage with some mitigation where I can get it. If it turns out decent enough, I intend on PvPing a good bit with my Nightblade as a 'vampire offensive knight' type of character. My goal was to do solid damage, with lifedrains/health recovery and some added mitigation from my shield. Essentially making a skirmisher who isn't a glass cannon, but doesn't hit like a wet noodle either.
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

I need to work on my build. Right now I'm running a dragon knight stamina DPS build, 2 hander.

Abilities

Unstable Flame
    Wrecking Blow
    Executioner
    Critical Rush (I think this is the proper one. The one that damage increases based on distance)
    Green Dragon Blood

Ult

Dragon knight standard

Not sure what to do with armour. Got up to Vet rank 7 with using heavy, but how much DPS am I losing out on by not using medium? Perhaps I should switch....

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... not exactly building for tanking though. I am building for damage with some mitigation where I can get it. If it turns out decent enough, I intend on PvPing a good bit with my Nightblade as a 'vampire offensive knight' type of character. My goal was to do solid damage, with lifedrains/health recovery and some added mitigation from my shield. Essentially making a skirmisher who isn't a glass cannon, but doesn't hit like a wet noodle either.
    Ah...I have no experience with that sort of thing as the recent changes have finally made it to where dual wielding with full medium armor is really efficient, high dmg, with lots of synergy. I think most of the drain spells and that entire skill line do use magic only. To that effect, light armor is what buffs magic.

Sword and board abilities, Blocking, dodging, sprinting, and sneak all use stamina...I'm not smart enough with the maths to tell you one way or another if it will work, but just using my noodle and experience playing the class it seems like you would be stretching yourself too thin as essentially you are forcing yourself into three different resources and sacrificing the benefits of all of them.

Some hybrid stuff is available, which is the beauty of the game, but I'm not sure the extreme you want to take it is going to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Not sure what to do with armour. Got up to Vet rank 7 with using heavy, but how much DPS am I losing out on by not using medium? Perhaps I should switch....
    A lot. I just switched completely when I logged on the other day. Not going full medium means you sacrifice pretty much all synergy in favor of gaining some armor, life, and not much else. If you used the stam morphs, you pretty much need to go all out medium armor now.

Tbh, I'm disappointed in the way abilities pigeonhole you into an armor choice. It's always been this way, but now it's even more static. I wanted to be a heavy armor dps as well, but it's just not a good idea for pure damage. Maybe it works in PvP, idk, but for PvE it's a huge waste.
    BAD WOLF

Ah...I have no experience with that sort of thing as the recent changes have finally made it to where dual wielding with full medium armor is really efficient, high dmg, with lots of synergy. I think most of the drain spells and that entire skill line do use magic only. To that effect, light armor is what buffs magic.

Sword and board abilities, Blocking, dodging, sprinting, and sneak all use stamina...I'm not smart enough with the maths to tell you one way or another if it will work, but just using my noodle and experience playing the class it seems like you would be stretching yourself too thin as essentially you are forcing yourself into three different resources and sacrificing the benefits of all of them.

Some hybrid stuff is available, which is the beauty of the game, but I'm not sure the extreme you want to take it is going to work.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot. I just switched completely when I logged on the other day. Not going full medium means you sacrifice pretty much all synergy in favor of gaining some armor, life, and not much else. If you used the stam morphs, you pretty much need to go all out medium armor now.

Tbh, I'm disappointed in the way abilities pigeonhole you into an armor choice. It's always been this way, but now it's even more static. I wanted to be a heavy armor dps as well, but it's just not a good idea for pure damage. Maybe it works in PvP, idk, but for PvE it's a huge waste.
    Fair enough. I still have a lot to try to figure out about this game, the way the skills and such work with one another. That said, about when did the new changes come in and alter things, I assume this was done after November 2014?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. I still have a lot to try to figure out about this game, the way the skills and such work with one another. That said, about when did the new changes come in and alter things, I assume this was done after November 2014?
    It was last week when Tamriel Unlimited launched so we're all still trying to figure things out. There aren't enough resources that have been updated with proper skill calculators to adequately practice builds which is a shame since these are basically permanent choices we have to make. Every time I level I feel uneasy instead of excited which isn't a great feeling to have. They don't do a very good job letting you see the future of your abilities to know what the best choices are.

They could do a much better job with that. Hopefully if they ever made those changes they would refund skill pts again.
    BAD WOLF

Stats are cheap to respec, just a few K gold even at max, so you can afford to play around with them a bit. Since you're not looking to min/max dps or tank, the "right" answer is going to be purely subjective, whatever gives you "enough" health to stay alive while dealing "enough" damage. You'll be able to easily re-tune without respeccing, by swapping gear enchants between magicka/stam/health (or just carrying around some alternate gear, even faster).

Stats are cheap to respec, just a few K gold even at max, so you can afford to play around with them a bit. Since you're not looking to min/max dps or tank, the "right" answer is going to be purely subjective, whatever gives you "enough" health to stay alive while dealing "enough" damage. You'll be able to easily re-tune without respeccing, by swapping gear enchants between magicka/stam/health (or just carrying around some alternate gear, even faster).
    Just out of curiousity, is it possible to respec the skills as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Just out of curiousity, is it possible to respec the skills as well?
    Yes but skill points is where the price starts to sky rocket
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Yes but skill points is where the price starts to sky rocket
    Oh wait...we can completely respec now? I had always been told we were basically screwed if we picked wrong. I guess what people were trying to communicate is simply that once you've invested in a skill line you have to grind your way up another one since you wouldn't have leveled it?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Vamp will mean you cannot come trials ór veteran city of ash. No one will take you because you take too much extra damage and get one shot very easily.

WW has less downsides.
    That's not true. If you're a Dark Elf, you have a natural fire resistance which completely offsets vampire's weakness to fire. Also you can just get fire resist glyphs and put em on your rings and you're fine. WW is weak to poison and that only is an issue for pvp since every archer and their grandmother uses poisons. Otherwise, both vampirism and werewolves add flavor and long term survivability in combat. Especially vampires, because their vampire bat ult is nuts in pvp and general grinding.
    Last edited by Hardkorr; 2015-03-24 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Oh wait...we can completely respec now? I had always been told we were basically screwed if we picked wrong. I guess what people were trying to communicate is simply that once you've invested in a skill line you have to grind your way up another one since you wouldn't have leveled it?
    Yeah, looks like they lowered the price a bit too--just checked ingame, looks like 50G per point for everything now (used to be double that for skill points). Keeping in mind that you can only respec all points at once for each of stats, skills, or just morphs. So for my sorc having 166 skillpoints it was 8300g for all skills, but only 1050g for his 21 morphs. Stats ~3Kg.

For those that don't know this can be done in the Capitol city for each faction (Elden Root/Wayrest/Mournhold). There's an icon on the city map that will say three names of the shrines on mouseover. Elden Root's is easiest to find since it's in the same room as the wayshrine about 50m away.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can completely respec but if you respec into skills you haven't used before you would have to level them up from stage 1. If you repec into skills you've already leveled, the skill will go back to the beginning of the level it was when you repec'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the clarification. It actually takes away a lot of reservations I had about trying things out, though it's really expensive. I thought this whole time you just had to reroll a new character if you didn't like your build. Whew. I'll make sure to post this in the 'What noob things did you do at launch' a few years from now.
    BAD WOLF

Keeping in mind that you can only respec all points at once for each of stats, skills, or just morphs. So for my sorc having 166 skillpoints it was 8300g for all skills, but only 1050g for his 21 morphs. Stats ~3Kg.
    There's an option to only respec morphs?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    There's an option to only respec morphs?
    hmm, would love to do just that