Thread: Mounts are BOA!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So wait...

My paladin on alliance has like 110 mounts. My DK on horde has around 110 as well. However, my paladin has got like ~10 mounts that my DK doesn't have an vice versa. For example, my DK has Green Proto Drake but my pally doesn't. My pally has Swift White Hawkstrider, but my DK doesn't.

When MOP hits, will my Horde DK get the White chocobo and will my alliance pally get the Green proto? Or does it only give it per faction?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiSoo View Post
    What happens if you delete the original owner of the mount? Does it -the mount ofc- stays with your other characters? (Same goes for achievements and pets)
    I have an alt that I really want to erase but it has a world event mount which is basically what keeps him alive.
    Don't know; curious about this as well as I want to add the DK mounts to my cheev count (even though no other characters could use them) but I don't want to waste a character slot on a DK.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

a report from the beta the mounts appear to be account wide and not server wide

i just made a premade on lost isles us while my main is on the eu server and had all my mounts on it

hope it goes live like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiSoo View Post
    What happens if you delete the original owner of the mount? Does it -the mount ofc- stays with your other characters? (Same goes for achievements and pets)
    I have an alt that I really want to erase but it has a world event mount which is basically what keeps him alive.
    I doubt it. The character's data gets erased after a while. It'd be nice if it somehow could see what mounts you had on deleted characters; my first character ever had a Brewfest ram back when you could buy them with tickets, and he's long since deleted. :(

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    So wait...

My paladin on alliance has like 110 mounts. My DK on horde has around 110 as well. However, my paladin has got like ~10 mounts that my DK doesn't have an vice versa. For example, my DK has Green Proto Drake but my pally doesn't. My pally has Swift White Hawkstrider, but my DK doesn't.

When MOP hits, will my Horde DK get the White chocobo and will my alliance pally get the Green proto? Or does it only give it per faction?
    If they're not faction-specific, then yes, your characters on both factions will receive them. I tested with opposite-faction characters in beta and they got each other's mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    only the mount you get from acheivements are suposed to be boa atleast acording to a blue post nothing more
    Well, my characters are going to like this mount from the achi then
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Nah. All the mounts on the beta atleast are account wide.
    I would actually like them available on alts, but still need some effort. If you have the glory achievement on the account, the characters should not gain access simply because you have that, but rather the character has to at least have killed each boss in the raid/s at least once, before gaining access. This would apply to mounts that drop. You have the FoS for the mount, but the character itself would still need the kill achievement to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEyez315 View Post
    I would actually like them available on alts, but still need some effort. If you have the glory achievement on the account, the characters should not gain access simply because you have that, but rather the character has to at least have killed each boss in the raid/s at least once, before gaining access. This would apply to mounts that drop. You have the FoS for the mount, but the character itself would still need the kill achievement to use it.
    That's probably more effort than Blizzard is willing to put into this feature.

The point of Account-wide Mounts is that it represents what you as a player have accomplished, not what your character has accomplished.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Is raven lord shared?!
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Is raven lord shared?!
    Raven Lord is no different than the other shared ones....... Cmon now

It's buggy but looks REALLY promising - I had to create a new character to see it, but my new character had my Traveller's Tundra Mammoth, my X-53 rocket, etc. The TTM was my main concern.

Deleted
    Looks very promising. Finally the rare mounts from my alts on my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    No.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=67107

This is a BoA mount. You can buy it and send to other characters on your server. Screaming "Mounts are BOA!" is incorrect when in fact mounts are faction+server wide. Please don't spread this ignorant phrase and use wrong terms - You are not saying that achievements are BoA (and if you are then are *something that would get me infracted*) so don't say mounts are.
    Yes they are. With the exception of faction-specific mounts, it appears that they will essentially behave in the manner of the Blizzard Store mounts, where, when you buy one, EVERY toon you have or create from then on(horde OR alliance) will have that mount. Direct your misguided anger elswhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I doubt it. The character's data gets erased after a while. It'd be nice if it somehow could see what mounts you had on deleted characters; my first character ever had a Brewfest ram back when you could buy them with tickets, and he's long since deleted. :(
    Actually, I just got a priest and a warrior restored that I had deleted back in TBC, I just put in a ticket saying I logged and suddenly these chars weren't there any more, last morning at work received an email saying the ticket had been answered, and when I logged both chars were there. You should try it, I can't guarantee but I'm pretty sure characters don't get deleted, they just remain hidden, kinda of like deleting your Facebook data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a head-scratcher: I've only got one 85, and that character doesn't have anywhere near 50 mounts - the number is closer to 25 although I am not quite there yet. I have maybe around 15 (or something - I haven't counted lately because I don't play them all) alts across three servers, and most of those never even made it to 20. Of the rest, I have:

72 pally: 2 eleks, a right elf mount, and her flying gryphon.
    53 mage: just her two raptors.
    56 warlock: her two dreadsteeds and one level 40 mechanostrider

And then ... erp. I just remembered. Tyrael's Charger. Every single one of my characters has that. That could well put me over 50.

I bring this up because when I logged into beta this morning (it's horribly laggy and crashy, by the way), I had an email from Mei Francis giving me an albino drake.

Gosh, when this change goes live, if the requirements for that stay the same, it looks like the albino drake will be as common as the bronze drake was in Wrath. Or even more common.

Me? I am pretty excited about it, it works on so many levels
    1) if you want a rare mount you can farm on any of your chars, so no longer will you cry when your doing a run for jokes and the kara mount drops for your alt..
    2) no more rep grinding on all your alts.. man is that annoying..
    3) while leveling your alt you can use any rare mount you like

Regarding Boes,I think they will continue to sell and maybe sell even better since some people will be willing to have a two seater for a low level char. So that shouldnt worry people.

Regarding people and there "snowflakes" no mount is really that special or rare, someone somewhere is using it all this means is that char you never play anymore but would love to use your zulian raptor or tiger again? well you can now! and with MoP your no longer stuck having to use a certain char because of all the sweat you put in to it. Now you can play any class and enjoy the diversity.

This is indeed not a bug, its a new feature in MoP but currently it's very buggy...I did have all my rogue's mounts on a premade monk but after a relog they all were gone...I recommend you wait till it's perfectly fine

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I'm a little bit bummed about, is that one of my characters has always been played with zero mounts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ilthoris/mount

Yes, I started this druid either in late vanilla or maybe early BC, and for his entire lifespan, he has travelled everywhere in Cheetah Form or Flight Form. I even finished the original Loremaster achievement on him, back in the days before you could fly across Azeroth. Making his way across all the zones with only a 40% speed buff .... I realise that likely seems idiotic to many players, but for me, it was a "challenge" I set for myself and managed to commit to.

And in the next patch (5.0) he's suddenly going to be provided with 100+ mounts from all of my other characters. Like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    One thing I'm a little bit bummed about, is that one of my characters has always been played with zero mounts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ilthoris/mount

Yes, I started this druid either in late vanilla or maybe early BC, and for his entire lifespan, he has travelled everywhere in Cheetah Form or Flight Form. I even finished the original Loremaster achievement on him, back in the days before you could fly across Azeroth. Making his way across all the zones with only a 40% speed buff .... I realise that likely seems idiotic to many players, but for me, it was a "challenge" I set for myself and managed to commit to.

And in the next patch (5.0) he's suddenly going to be provided with 100+ mounts from all of my other characters. Like it or not.
    Nothing says you have to use any of your mounts though. Just leave the mounts in your spellbook and forget about them. Problem solved.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx16 View Post
    Nothing says you have to use any of your mounts though. Just leave the mounts in your spellbook and forget about them. Problem solved.
    I realise this. And it's not something that I would term a "problem", that I would need to "solve".

However, I just wanted to point out that these account-wide changes that are proposed for Achievements and Pets and Mounts - they all add up to further homogenisation of our characters, even if it is only at a superficial/vanity level. The days when our individual characters had unique attributes that distinguished them from one another, are well and truly dying.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why Blizzard are taking this approach, and I can appreciate why so many players have requested it for so long. It just makes me a wee bit sad, as even with all of the advantages, we all lose something as well.

And on a related note - those of you who followed the recent "Iron Man Challenge" threads on the official forums, may recall that some players were attempting to level a character all the way from 1-85, without dying, and without gaining more than 90 Achievement points (i.e. the Level 10, Level 20, series). If I had managed to achieve something like that, and then found that my "trophy" character was effectively going to be gifted with all of my other characters' achievements .... well, I'd be a bit disappointed.

Its just a change in the design philosophy. Blizzard wants the rewards to be based around the player, not the character. Sure, all your characters will have the same selection of mounts/pets/titles but all that means is you have a larger pool to choose from per character, there is nothing that prevents you from making each character unique in the way you want.
    I can understand why some people would be a bit sad about this, but you aren't truly losing anything just gaining a wider array of access to rewards you already have. The benefits vastly outweigh the negatives.