Combat: Confused about hit ratings for the first time since 2007

My alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kaeyla/simple

Just gonna make it short by asking: Do I have enough Hit? 14.05% (8.05% Hit chance) with 3/3 in Precision? Any other soft caps I should be hitting apart from Expertise? Please don't link to any guides!

Noob question!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't link guides? Why wouldn't we link you things that you can simply research on your own so you don't have to ask questions like this

Read the EJ thing is all I will tell you and Shadowcraft it to perfect your ends.

I have! I'm just too tired and had too much coffee for it to make sense.

Lvl 88 miss chance = 12.95%. Is 3/3 Precision taken into account for this number?

For specials the miss chance is 0, so I'm just wondering if I should keep stacking more hit to reduce the normal attack miss chance.
    Last edited by Nico87; 2012-05-04 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    For spell hit cap you need to look at the "spell" tab in your character sheet, not "melee". The cap is 17% and yes, it does include whatever you get from Precision. With 3/3 Precision you need 1127 hit rating to reach the cap.

But keep in mind that Combat and Subtlety don't actually go for the cap. You'll eventually reach it with higher gear levels, but it's safe to simply ignore it, reforge accordingly to your stat weights and use whatever you get.

Yeah, I'm more concerned about melee hit cap at the moment. Did some reforges according to Shadowcraft and I removed a lot of hit from items. Armory link is now updated with recently acquired upgrades.

What's the melee hit I should be aiming for in numbers with Precision 3/3? I always preferred straight numbers instead of percentages. Note that I haven't reforged the shoulders yet. It's at 941 with 3/3 Precision atm.
    Last edited by Nico87; 2012-05-04 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    I assume you mean yellow hit cap - it's 8% and 3/3 Precision gives you 6%. For the remaining 2%, you need to get 241 hit rating from your gear. Which is pretty much impossible to NOT get (in PvE gear). So you should be totally okay.

You'll generally want to hit spell hit cap as combat - spell hit is your second best secondary stat, just after haste.

By the way, you can load your character into http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ and press reforge for perfect reforgings.

Thanks, Fae.

Maelstrom: I am. Does anyone know how fast Shadowcraft update? My armory has been updated for a while now.

Deleted
    You have to do it manually - click "refresh from armory" in the last menu tab (under the "wheel" icon).

Maelstrom51: Right after expertise. So you reforge into hit only when you can't reforge into expertise and/or haste any more. Nico87 iLvl is quite low so there isn't enough stats remaining on his gear to get spell hit capped after reaching expertise cap and dumping everything possible into haste. ShadowCraft confirms that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    You have to do it manually - click "refresh from armory" in the last menu tab (under the "wheel" icon).

Maelstrom51: Right after expertise. So you reforge into hit only when you can't reforge into expertise and/or haste any more. Nico87 iLvl is quite low so there isn't enough stats remaining on his gear to get spell hit capped after reaching expertise cap and dumping everything possible into haste. ShadowCraft confirms that.
    Right. Forgot about expertise. Heh. Time for me to go to sleep.

Deleted
    Use shadowcraft properly it's a great tool. Make sure to log out of wow with the correct gear/spec on you and then go to shadowcraft, click the refresh from armory option and then hit the reforge button. The ingame hit tables include your precision and show you exactly how much hit % you miss.

Shadowforge bookmarked. Perfect shit Thanks all!