Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't really see the fun in being forced to ban heroes in each match. You are basicly making it easier for you to win when you ban heroes. Why not just allow all so both teams have it harder.
    Bans are good for popular free champions to prevent mouthbreathers from trying them in ranked games.

Bans are also good for preventing the first pick to get the most OP champion at the current time.

Short story: bans are good, mmmmkay?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Bans are good for popular free champions to prevent mouthbreathers from trying them in ranked games.

Bans are also good for preventing the first pick to get the most OP champion at the current time.

Short story: bans are good, mmmmkay?
    It also adds some extra depth to the game, particularly at very high elo games when the two teams know eachother and you can see that bans are targeting specific people as opposed to champions.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    It also adds some extra depth to the game, particularly at very high elo games when the two teams know eachother and you can see that bans are targeting specific people as opposed to champions.
    Right, and because Riot will always cater to the pros (for good reason), you will have bans.

If you don't like it, you don't have to play ranked.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Right, and because Riot will always cater to the pros (for good reason), you will have bans.

If you don't like it, you don't have to play ranked.
    The bold part is something I'll always appreciate.

Kass is an 'anti-mage' kinda class, and when you pick him and put him in the middle vs a mage he is very difficult to deal with. Thats why he gets banned. This is kinda like how Shaco is all about counterjungling/invading and for the enemy team it makes playing the meta game harder because he is always messing with the other team. Basically Kass doesn't have many counters vs the lane he is in, and dominates most games (or at least until you get high ELO) because of this he is banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't really see the fun in being forced to ban heroes in each match. You are basicly making it easier for you to win when you ban heroes. Why not just allow all so both teams have it harder.
    Bans force people to think about team composition: what do we want to achieve and what champions counter that/our key champions. Of course, that means you actually go beyond the "hey, let's queue up and see what's this ranked lark is all about" level, but it adds depth rather than detract from it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMog64 View Post
    Kass is an 'anti-mage' kinda class, and when you pick him and put him in the middle vs a mage he is very difficult to deal with. Thats why he gets banned. This is kinda like how Shaco is all about counterjungling/invading and for the enemy team it makes playing the meta game harder because he is always messing with the other team. Basically Kass doesn't have many counters vs the lane he is in, and dominates most games (or at least until you get high ELO) because of this he is banned.
    Shaco is more about ganking than anything. The reason he isn't banned in high level games is that the counter to him is not being a fucktard. Ward properly, don't over extend and hey look, shaco has no kills 25 minutes in. It is now a 4v5 as he becomes more useless than evelynn.

However he snowballs hard if you dont ward, push your lanes and allow him to gank you. This is why he is banned constantly.
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    Played with somebody 2300ish with 500+ games as fiddle as his only character in ranked lol.
    Try that trick with kassadin. Oh wait he is banned, you can't.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

I have no problem against kassa even with lux (early magic resist and not overextending), BUT after lvl 6 he starts to roam and at my elo, I can pinged and alarmed to a death his miss, but retarded bot with 1/3 of HPs is doomed to feed kassa constantly at this point of game and they are unable to comprehend that standing between 1st and 2nd twr and porting 30 sec after warning is not enough to save their lives (not mentioning moutbreathers chasing him in mid/late game across entire map tottaly ignoring rest of enemy team)

Imo fizz is pretty close to kass. he is a melee ap carry with a jump

Deleted
    If Kassadin can't get his farm/feed going on in the first 20 minutes of the game he is a negliable, low damage annoying silencebot. If he gets fed, its pretty much gameover since his roaming ability means he'll just go on a rampage.

These are the most common bans when you start playing ranked:

Morgana
    Kassadin
    Shen
    Lee Sin
    Shaco

If you like Kassadin (and playing AP mid), like the guy above me said...LeBlanc isn't a bad choice. She is somewhat difficult to farm with, but if you can master her she is so strong early/mid game she can win games by the 30 minute mark.

I presume you'll want to focus on AP mid as your position? Make sure to grab Cassiopeia and Ryze They're both way too strong to ignore.
    Really? o.0 In most of the ranked games I see going on Lee seems to be played quite often, Lee Sin's my main as well, hopefully he isn't banned when me and my friends get into rated games lol :P
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

I strongly advise you to be able to play every single lane, you can practice this in normal games which also see a pretty high level of play once you reach a certain amount of wins and win/loss ratio.

Also, if you do happen to main a single role, tell people at the beginning of the bans that you'd like to play that role, this gives you a good chance of getting it (but you still have to know the other roles). And even then you have to main at least three champions in that role, currently I suggest taking up cassiopia and morgana as other mid lane champions, they're two of the strongest AP characters at the moment.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayura View Post
    I would say Shaco, but he's often banned as well, and a good ol' oracle elixir usually renders him pretty useless.
    Shaco's decieve doesn't really last that long anyway. People often ban him because of Shaco in general (annoying, cheap damage, he is a clown...... what more can I say)

I don't see Kass banned very often but he is banned sometimes, so you are right in wanting to learn a few more champs.
    Kass is banned EVERY time I play draft. Normally because he can shut down pretty much every AP mid in the game due to his passive and silences.

I would try Morgana, although she gets banned quite a bit.
    Same with Kass. Banned every time.

Try a new position out! Jungle, play Skarner, or Maokai, or even Udyr.
    I would recommend Amumu as a cheap, safe jungler. Udyr needs a rework and the other two are expensive in IP unless you tried them out and want them.

If you want to try out an AD character, go with Ashe/Cait, or Graves.
    Cait is a awesome AD carry to start out with, especially with all the utility she has. Graves is easy to use. Ashe is overrated. No need to jump on the Ashe bandwagon like 80% of the AD carry playerbase.

Yorick is a very strong laning character
    Yorick is good at early game solo top, and only that. Yorick is pretty much useless if he is not fed, so mana starved that you HAVE to get blue buff (good luck fighting the AP Mid over it) or buy a manamune. May look like I suck with him, but he really needs somewhat of a buff (just mana buffs, his overall stats are fine the way they are)

and if you want to try a tank, go for Allistar.
    I would rather recommend Leona or Shen (when he is not banned). Ali's heal is useless mid/late game (unless you build AP) and his headbutt takes LOADS of practice. Leona is TWO stuns, mitigation, and a gap closer. Shen has team health regen, mitigation, a wicked passive, the best taunt in the game, and lots of map control with ultimate and Teleport (not to mention he is manaless)

Sorry that it looks like I am nitpicking your post. It just caught my eye.
    Last edited by KnickKnack; 2012-05-05 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    I would recommend Amumu as a cheap, safe jungler. Udyr needs a rework and the other two are expensive in IP unless you tried them out and want them.
    Invade, steal his blues and amumu is useless. This is why he isn't an amazing jungler. He also cannot give blue over to mid. Same reason fiddlesticks is rarely seen at high elo.

I don't understand what you mean about Udyr needing a rework. Udyr is incredibly strong. Amazing clear speed, great jungle matchups, pretty good ganks, and an amazing scaling into the mid/late game.

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    Shaco's decieve doesn't really last that long anyway. People often ban him because of Shaco in general (annoying, cheap damage, he is a clown...... what more can I say)

Cait is a awesome AD carry to start out with, especially with all the utility she has. Graves is easy to use. Ashe is overrated. No need to jump on the Ashe bandwagon like 80% of the AD carry playerbase.

Yorick is good at early game solo top, and only that. Yorick is pretty much useless if he is not fed, so mana starved that you HAVE to get blue buff (good luck fighting the AP Mid over it) or buy a manamune. May look like I suck with him, but he really needs somewhat of a buff (just mana buffs, his overall stats are fine the way they are)
    People ban shaco because he is a typical pubstomp who snowballs out of control really easily.

Cait is good but no steroid besides her passive lets her down a bit. She won't carry hard lategame like Vayne or Kog Maw. Dunno why you hate the 'Ashe bandwagon'. She is really strong and really cheap.

Yorick useless lategame? Really? Ulti your AD carry and control it properly, especially if its an autoattack based ad carry (IE, not something like Corki). You now have 2 ad carries lategame. That is one of the most OP things ingame.

Sorry that it looks like I am nitpicking your post. It just caught my eye.

You know what, I might actually have to consider picking Yorick up, he is pretty good, dunno why I don't have him yet. Though I rarely go solo top.

On Kassadin; the thing is that he's retardedly annoying for pretty much every AP champion due to his Q, and if he gets fed, he will jump in, wreck your face, jump out. And that's not just AP folks only.

It's like with every gimmicky champion, pretty much... He owns if fed. IF. People at low elo aren't as good at stopping them. Higher elo players are, which is why he's no longer a threat up there.

Lategame hes an unstoppable LB 1-2 shotting machine... Played him a lot before, but ..always banned in ranked !
    But, hes like an LB in midgame, but Kassa is a lategame champ who destroyes those who dosnt have mr !

I generally am against banning Kassadin because there are very obvious champs to counterpick him with. Fizz, Talon (basically becomes a who can silence who first battle), Most ranged AD's (especially Urgot), Swain, and a few other non-traditional mid champs.

I'm a fan of banning champs that snowball out of control and/or become a tanking monstrosity that CC's your whole team.

Ban Kassadin? Yes Please!

I always struggle vs him if he's playing well.. that 1 sec silence always seems like it takes an eternity to fade...
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    the only OP hero is renekton (i play him as my main) it's nice to almost ever see him banned and then go 1v5 and just turn the other team upsidedown ^^