Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadowpriest short end of the stick come MoP.

I like shadow priest, but I don't want to play them like I do now when MoP is live. I mean, look at the shadow spells for priest (when you select the shadow tree). pretty much nothing new there except the health swap spell. Now also look at the talents, our talents are pretty stale. They are mostly procs that are an anoyance in both pvp and pve. I mean really why would I think a talent that replaces my shadowfiend with a beter shadowfiend is fun? I like shadowpriests as much as the next guy but come on...... All the interesting talents that as active are mostly healing-type abilites. How retarded is it that shadow priest can put down a halo? or cast balls of light? really?

For DKs they are pretty mucht he same spec wise, but their fun and mostly active talents in stead of proc rates like fkn priests make up for it. I just want to know what the community's opinion is on Spriest "fun".

This isnt argueing if they can compete agaisnt otehr classes. i really don't care abotu that.

Deleted
    I very much enjoy my shadow priest atm and its just a alt atm but with the changes that I've seen so far I'm really feeling swapping main to shadow priest would be nice, but it all depends how the final result is looking and how big deal the RNG will be.

All in all though I don't really agree with you

I like your spelling. pretty pro.

But it actually crossed my mind to switch my main from a mage to my spriest as well. The rotation and abilities are getting completely reworked, hell they just changed how orbs and mastery and devouring plague worked, again. I'm excited to see how they do come live.

they changed a lot of things in the last build again and t o me it looks like blizz doesn't realy can say i'm done
    so just let them fix some stuf, maybe change the rota again, but all in all it doesn't look as bad as you posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just picked up shadow last week for the first time since WOTLK and I must say I find it a lot of fun! I love the interaction of spells with Shadow Orbs, the dance between keeping empowered shadows up and your dots buffed. I wouldn't mind seeing it play much the same way in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiztastic View Post
    All the interesting talents that as active are mostly healing-type abilites. How retarded is it that shadow priest can put down a halo? or cast balls of light? really?
    It's still very possible that there will be shadow variants of the level 90 talents. It was already mentioned several weeks ago about finding Dark Halo. There's also Divine Star which says shadow.

Given that level 90 has not even been tested yet, it's understandable that the current beta build haven't polished any level 90 talents yet.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think Shadow has changed a whole lot since TBC.. err.. they got mind sear and mind spike I guess.. but the rotation is the same..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    I didn't think Shadow has changed a whole lot since TBC.. err.. they got mind sear and mind spike I guess.. but the rotation is the same..
    I dont know.. the change from Wotlk to Cata was quite interresting and pretty huge. The change from Tbc to Wotlk (3.3 especially) gave us proper dps (haste and crit scaling too) and removed our group mana regen capabilities.

Why would we want our entire class to change? We play this because it's what we like vrs everything else. An expansion isn't a complete change to the entire game and every class. I don't see how you say void shift is the only new change for us. You obviously aren't paying attention to mechanic changes in general.

Vampiric Embrace = Healing CD now
    SW: P = Has initial dmg now
    DP = Not a full time dot, and has massive burst dmg with it.
    Shadow orbs = Complete redesign
    Void tendrils = new AOE CC
    Psyfiend = New fearing pet
    Mind bender = Massive burst dmg CD replacing shadowfiend
    Angelic Feather = Probably the best movement ability in the game
    Phantasm = Redesigned to make you untargetable by ranged attacks.
    From Darkness, Comes light = new talent that makes you be able to use SW: Death above 20%
    SW: D redesigned to only be able to be used multiple times below 20% does more dmg now too
    Archangel: redesigned to not need stacks, evangelism is gone.
    Spectral Guise: Stealth CD.
    Twist of Fate: new talent that gives you a buff for 15% more dmg after you attack a target below 20% health. Potential to be a massive DPS boost.
    Power Infusion: haste is our best stat, and now we can take this for a personal bloodlust like CD
    Divine Insight: talent that lets your mindflay refresh SW: Pain
    Cascade, Divine Star, and Halo are all new abilities.

seems like a lot more than you listed as for changes.

Deleted
    I don't want them changing things just for the sake of change.

Looking at beta now they seem to have kept what works well and changed / added a few bits. Changing our mastery and the way shadow orbs work is good. Much less punishing from bad rng (although still rng MB procs), it's actually a more interesting / challenging rotation if you spec for procs and don't take flay refreshing pain. The optional CDs in the talents are interesting and i believe when balanced will be close enough in DPS to be chosen based on what the fight needs. Having access to PI AND AA for example is pretty cool.
    I'm looking forward to see how the lvl90 spells work and how they will interact with the playstyle spriests have so far.

Things I don't really like about shadow right now, lost a LOT of self healing. I like that VE has become a strong CD but I still feel one of the spriests strongest points was it's ability to survive pretty much anything. We still have a lot, from glyphs (fade / sanctum / fire / self healing) but it's much more active, to the loss of DPS. I guess that's not so bad but it was nice being invincible whilst still pew-pew'ing.
    I think having only 1 effective orb dump feels a bit empty. Honestly I'm not sure what else I'd put there but I think having options would make gameplay a little more interesting, I'd almost suggest linking the lvl90 talents into our orb system somehow but balancing that with the healing specs could be awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    The subject of change is where discussions like this become personal. A lot of people cringe at the idea of changes for shadow (or anything once they've become comfortable with something). Others who otherwise love the class really don't want to run the same spells in the same priority as they have for a long while now for another two years. Boredom sets in, the mind wanders. Neither side is wrong exactly although the game (as well as anything else really) leans toward change over time; game design doesn't stand still.

I find it better to try to understand the changes that come along, not to obsess over changes I don't care for, find ways to make the best use of them and generally embrace them. To do otherwise is just a recipe for frustration and disappointment.

Do remember that this is still beta and nothing is final. They also have stated that Priests in general are still under heavy development. Now as long as it doesn't end up being forgotten about until the last second before launch... We'll have to wait and see.

I think they've managed to keep the good parts and upgraded the less good parts of Shadow.
    No more Empowered Shadow or Dark Evangelism means we wont have the terrible ramp up time we got on live.
    At the same time, the burst we got on live with a 3 orb Mind Blast still exists somewhat with the new Devouring Plague.

At the same time, the RNG part of shadow orbs are removed.
    It's still a bit of RNG involved due to the Shadowy Apparitation, but a good Shadowpriest will be able to adapt to this due to the orb generating as they hit, not as they spawn.

All in all, I love the changes. If it stays like this I think we'll be one of the best classes out there, especially if you count how fun you have when playing... Cause it's fun as hell, that much I can tell you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    I think they've managed to keep the good parts and upgraded the less good parts of Shadow.
    No more Empowered Shadow or Dark Evangelism means we wont have the terrible ramp up time we got on live.
    At the same time, the burst we got on live with a 3 orb Mind Blast still exists somewhat with the new Devouring Plague.

At the same time, the RNG part of shadow orbs are removed.
    It's still a bit of RNG involved due to the Shadowy Apparitation, but a good Shadowpriest will be able to adapt to this due to the orb generating as they hit, not as they spawn.

All in all, I love the changes. If it stays like this I think we'll be one of the best classes out there, especially if you count how fun you have when playing... Cause it's fun as hell, that much I can tell you!
    And unless I've missed something the new mastery is also quite 'fun' imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    And unless I've missed something the new mastery is also quite 'fun' imo.
    Indeed. It's like a Dragonwrath for our dots (plus Mind Flay and Mind Sear).
    I think that's awesome. Only question is gonna be if those procced DoTs can proc other things, then it will get interesting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    Indeed. It's like a Dragonwrath for our dots (plus Mind Flay and Mind Sear).
    I think that's awesome. Only question is gonna be if those procced DoTs can proc other things, then it will get interesting!
    And correct me if i'm wrong but the only thing thats not counted as a DoT is mind spike and mind blast ye?
    Really liking the way shadow looks atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    And correct me if i'm wrong but the only thing thats not counted as a DoT is mind spike and mind blast ye?
    Really liking the way shadow looks atm.
    Aye that's currently the case.

Better? We're dependent on CD's for self-healing, need to stand in melee range (we can't afford to lose apparitions), the mastery is little different in practice with DoT's than before, just with a different mechanic (change for change's sake)...haste is even more dominant as a stat...

Tier 6 is the only solid choice I see, for single target DPS DI is outdoing the other tier 5 talents when I sim it. (Well, arguably you might want angelic bulwark rather than desperate prayer with bad healers, but...)

Deleted
    cmon u are playing a fucking beta.. it isnt completed yet.. dont fucking whine so much, wait 3 months.. then start to cry.

In pvp shadowpriest will be ok. We are gonna be untargetable by ranged attacks with fade so hopefully that means we can avoid counterspells, silence shots, warrior interupting shout with it up. Worst comes to worst you can use it to avoid a chimera shot or two and this make shadow more fun then mind spike, mindspike, sometimes mind blast. I hated when they nerfed our dots if i wanted to hit two buttons, I would have rolled an arcane mage. I really want them to bring devouring plaque back as a spammable dot thou. We are getting spectral guise as well and maybe we can avoid crowd control with it as well. Wish i had beta but shadowpriest look really good based on talents but i guess with all the instants we could be consider frost mage 2.0 inb4 "all you do is mind spike".

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 02:46 AM ----------

You can flash heal at least shadowpriest will have a self healing cooldown to fall back on now. How are you to dependent on cooldowns to heal fake cast and spam flash heal(healing no longer drops shadowform). In pvp when you get low on live, you can only fake cast and heal yourself but in mop. You can pop 2 healing cooldowns and still spam flash heal which is just sounds like an upgrade.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.