How you deal with laners while you are jungling

I would like to jungle a lot more than I am.

I just hate doing it because people think the jungler is the little errand boy that IS ORDERED to help every lane, even if the laners themselves can't defend their own lane to save their life.

I have to keep up with gold and exp too, you know.

I know I should just ignore them if they go "fail jungler" or "why don't you help", but don't bother pinging 20 times because you overextended and blew both your SS within the first 3 minutes of the game.

How do you guys deal with this??

I tell people from the start of the match that if they want ganks, dont overextend, or I wont be in their lane. Theres nothing wrong with pushing if you are winning your lane, but then if you are winning lane, you won't need the jungler most likely.

It's tough being the jungler. You're always the one people are going to blame for losing their lanes. Most people don't realize that they need to do their part to set up ganks for you by not pushing their lane, keeping tabs on when and where enemy wards are, and trying to harass the enemy down.

That said, your job is to help make sure your team wins their lanes while keeping up with gold and exp. A good jungler will be able to do both those things.
    Remember that, even if you don't kill your target, forcing them back or making them blow SS is still a successful gank.

A lot of people don't understand that they cannot push to tower and still expect ganks. It's unfortunate. I guess all you can really do is remind your team of this at the start.

Ignore them. Tell them that if THEY lose THEIR lane, it's THEIR fault, not mine.

I am not your errand boy. If you ping at me as if to say 'Jungler, come hither' I will gank every lane but yours.

Junglers are not there to gank. People don't seem to understand this. Junglers are there to open up a fourth lane meaning more global exp and gold, while ensuring no one has to share farm. I will gank if people are overextended, but it's not my job. If you cannot win your lane without jungle assistance, then that's your fault, and it's something you need to work out.

When I lane I NEVER rely on the jungler. Jungle ganks are a bonus, but I should always be able to survive in lane, and win my lane, without them. If I can't, then that's my fault.

As an aside, when people overextend and get ganked, the most infuriating thing is when they go OMG their jungler always ganks, ours never does. Learn to last hit. Learn to not push. Learn to ward. Congratulations you are now ungankable. Was that so difficult?

That said, picking something like Maokai, or any really strong ganker, can make games really easy at low elos. As long as your team doesn't push and tells you where wards are, you should be able to gank a lot and snowball out the lanes. Ofc then at the end they will pat themselves on the back as if they are so pro for getting loads of kills, and totally ignore the fact that you fed them all the kills, but after playing supports you'll learn to never get any appreciation.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2012-05-05 at 05:00 PM.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, If they are overextended and as for a gank, ignore them. If they are losing their lane badly, continually ganked by the enemy jungler, and blame you for not ganking, ignore them.

However, if they are in the middle of the lane and they ask for a gank, as long as you know there isn't a ward or you have a good ganking jungler, I normally go for it. At least you know the guy isn't half asleep and will help you set up the kill. Also, there is a difference between losing you lane and playing like shit, and losing your lane because of a hard counter/getting outplayed. The sooner you learn to recognize that, the easier it will be to decide when you help out a losing lane with a gank. There have been many games I've lost because I was outplayed in top lane, and even when the enemy was overextended the jungler refused to come top to gank and help out. And this is on champs like Nasus (who shines late game) or Cho'Gath (you need a tank to initiate fights), and one gank could help me catch up and be useful after the laning phase.

If the enemy is over extended I just ping and run in. It's too easy that way.

Being a jungler you have to have tough skin, because anyone and everyone will blame you if they are getting destroyed by the enemy jungler or losing their lane.