Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    norway and europe for that matter needs two things
    -A massive deportation of all non-europeans. Norway is an island, a small country, they can do it.
    -massively bump up it's indigenous birth rate.
    They need to educate and integrate the ones that are actually willing to live in a western society.

Blind deportation doesn't really help anyone.

Deleted
    -A massive deportation of all non-europeans. Norway is an island, a small country, they can do it.
    "Norway is an island ?" Wtf are you serious ?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Norway is no island, it is situated on the Scandinavian peninsula which is connected by landmass to continental Europe
    Forcing people to have children is absurd, what are you suggesting?
    And we (they really since you mainly argue that Norway should descend into a cesspool of racism) do not need more racism
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2012-08-24 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Norway is hardly an island, besides that its highly racist wanting to deport people only because of where they come from.

I don't get what the issue here is. That guy is a nutcake isn't he? Didn't he have all sorts of issues with trying to explain why he did what he did? He sounds to me like someone with issues who was pissed off and decided to take it out on some people who look different. That guy would really hate to go to University of Michigan. I think there's all sorts of people there. Asians all over the place, black people, white people, muslims, jews, christians and a lot of gay people.

I thought Europe was supposed to be the non racist group. It seems like people are becoming more racist there than they are here. Kind of a flip effect from the way this country was 50 years ago (U.S.).

There's an area of upstate New York where the Jews who lived there (Orthodox) wanted a line put up (small string) around the electric poles in the city as it means it's designated an area where they can do things during their day of resting... like push baby buggies. Apparently that's against Jewish orthodox law on that day. So like, this nice area would probably (I'm guessing) not want prostitution, gambling, drugs and a bunch of other things but I'm not sure what kinds of things they believe are wrong. Being it was a quiet neighborhood, I get the impression they wouldn't want rock concerts there either. Sounds like a lot of small town USA's. They can go to the bigger areas or even 'red light districts' if someplace has those for the other stuff. What's the difference here?

From my house there's a giant Jewish graveyard, probably a temple somewhere, about 10 different denomination Christian churches and at least two mosques. I don't think any of the people who are going about their daily lives wanna kill people. It sounds like the people who get all caught up in this are kids. I don't know too many older type neo nazi skinhead types (never met any honestly) but they all seem like pissed off angsty kids who are going to ruin their lives. Older people work and get along. It seems like people are pissed off and taking it out on whatever seems different.

Don't some people have other things to think about? Maybe go for a bikeride or hang out with some friends or go to school or go to work or get a hobby.

it looks like an island. in any case. Yes a mass deportation is possible. Muslims don't want to integrate and become educated. They want to dominate. It's the same story where ever they are in the world. You don't need to force people to have children. Only create the conditions that make it more likely, like reducing the welfare state. Make marriage almost mandatory for survival, take away birth control, etc.

Deleted
    No need to bother with deportations, just cut their absurd welfare down and they will leave, cursing and calling westerners racist. Those that stay will be educated and integrated, and live happily everafter.

Extraditing nearly 30% of Europeans is only going to destroy Europe. We do need to close down our borders a lot more. Open immigration is just stupid.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to force people to have children. Only create the conditions that make it more likely, like reducing the welfare state. Make marriage almost mandatory for survival, take away birth control, etc.
    WHAT THE F*** am i reading? You.. but.. i have no words, this is ..

Does Norway have any poor Norwegians that live on welfare because they are somehow unable to get education due to personal issues?

Also, some small European country (countries?) have (when their populations were low) given some sort of incentive to have children. They're having less because (as the academics say) they have more leisure time. I'm not so sure. I think it's likely that and they don't want to have to deal with a large family. Other things might be the case too.
    Last edited by Nish77; 2012-08-24 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    You've stopped making sense. I didn't think this was the case at first, but now you ARE arguing for no penalties or consequences for crime. I'm sorry, that's not how the world works.

Killing someone =/= murder. Only children with black and white mentality see no difference between the two. Whether you want to admit it or not, knowing justice has been carried out when someone has wronged you does bring a sense of peace. Please don't act like this guy's victims don't deserve it, either.
    I'm merely approaching it with logic, not emotion. So it should make sense.

I'm saying no to punishments, since they only serve to bring peace to the victim. The thought of prison or death penality do scare most regular people, but it probably doesn't for ABB.

So does the threat of punishment deter crime? Yes. Is it a perfect system? No. I'm arguing that the perfect system would be one where we try to stop crime before it happens through the means of education (and undoubtedly I started thinking about that Tom Cruise film where they stop crime before it happens, that would be sweet)

I'm approaching this from the standpoint that life is valueable, which doesn't mean and eye for an eye. And that there is nothing rehabilitation can't fix, in theory. We're far from that time, but I hope one day we'll be able to successfully rehabilitate even the most hardened criminals.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'll raise this point again. Where do we set the bar though of this action?

Is the murder of 10 people enough to make you eligible for the Death Sentence? What about 5? 1?

Killing people, because they killed people is not going to solve anything. I'm indifferent about the Death Sentence. I see the value it brings to know the person is dead, and that may ease the passing of the situation for some, but is this a good solution for a 21st Century world?

Wherever you set a bar, surely it would be way below the pre-meditated murder of 77 people and the exploding of home made bombs in city centres? In this man's case I see it as pretty clear cut that he deserves to die, perhaps at the hands of the families of those he murdered? Maybe lock them in a room together and let them decide where the bar should be.

To ask the taxpayer (including the bereaved families) to keep this man in comfort for any length of time is outrageous. If he was being sent to the deepest darkest hole where he would be miserable for the rest of his life then fine, but that's not the case.

That we need to be extremely careful with handing out the death sentence is not lost on me. I'm not interested in other cases past or future, or in setting out general guidelines for how we should seek to repair our most broken individuals. I'm talking specifically about this one individual, what he has done, and how we should respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 55Egoist View Post
    No need to bother with deportations, just cut their absurd welfare down and they will leave, cursing and calling westerners racist. Those that stay will be educated and integrated, and live happily everafter.
    Agreed. Last week in the U.K. I saw about 50 Foreigners (I presume Pakistani from their Clothing, Accents & Language) waiting at the Taxi Rank. I spoke with someone locally about what was going on, because where I live it is very rare to see that many Pakistani people, and I was told they had been arriving all morning and getting Taxis to the local Job Centre.

I find it odd that people who have no english skills, no knowledge of The UK and no intentions to integrate know exactly what forms to fill in, what numbers to call and what cards to play to get the most out of our weak system. I know it seems off topic, but I see the fears that Breivik had, but I would never condone his actions.

While I see that revenge is no way to build a civilised civilisation I find that in the extremest of situations, people like breivik should just be thrown in a dungeon and have the door shut 4ever.

the monetary cost , lost of life and general misery caused is too high to allow the man to live on free food and what not

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticpaddy View Post
    Wherever you set a bar, surely it would be way below the pre-meditated murder of 77 people and the exploding of home made bombs in city centres? In this man's case I see it as pretty clear cut that he deserves to die, perhaps at the hands of the families of those he murdered? Maybe lock them in a room together and let them decide where the bar should be.

To ask the taxpayer (including the bereaved families) to keep this man in comfort for any length of time is outrageous. If he was being sent to the deepest darkest hole where he would be miserable for the rest of his life then fine, but that's not the case.

That we need to be extremely careful with handing out the death sentence is not lost on me. I'm not interested in other cases past or future, or in setting out general guidelines for how we should seek to repair our most broken individuals. I'm talking specifically about this one individual, what he has done, and how we should respond to it.
    I agree with what you're saying, that he would obviously have triggered that threshold, no doubt. But what about when someone kills 60 people, sure, same again they're well into the numbers needed.

Lets now talk though about 5 people. Is 5 enough? What about 3? In his case yes, the threshold would've been met, but when you include thresholds someone somewhere is going to get away with something, because they narrowly miss a quota. If the required number is 10 for example, someone who kills 9 people is going to not be eligible for the Death Sentence.

If you then leave it to the court to decide on a per circumstance situation, you'll get a lot of grey area that leads to a much longer and more expensive and more painful process for everyone.

I bet any of the 77killed would prefer being here over death.
    http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...989083,00.html
    Last edited by Gombadoh; 2012-08-24 at 10:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm merely approaching it with logic, not emotion. So it should make sense.

I'm saying no to punishments, since they only serve to bring peace to the victim. The thought of prison or death penality do scare most regular people, but it probably doesn't for ABB.

So does the threat of punishment deter crime? Yes. Is it a perfect system? No. I'm arguing that the perfect system would be one where we try to stop crime before it happens through the means of education (and undoubtedly I started thinking about that Tom Cruise film where they stop crime before it happens, that would be sweet)

I'm approaching this from the standpoint that life is valueable, which doesn't mean and eye for an eye. And that there is nothing rehabilitation can't fix, in theory. We're far from that time, but I hope one day we'll be able to successfully rehabilitate even the most hardened criminals.
    Accept you're not approaching it from anything resembling logic. You're describing a fantasy world that reeks of idealism and naivety. I can't even respond to this because you argue both for and against punishment in the same post. There's nothing I can say to this. Please understand your own positions before you argue them.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-08-24 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    he'll probably never get out with the 5 year renewed sentences.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Wtf, when reading some of these comments it might seem like a good idea if those folks would join anders for a couple of years... The comments are sickening.
    Both from the "lol, torture him" and the "he defended us from Islam"-people.
    Cannot punish opinions.

Edit:Well you can but democracy dies in the process
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2012-08-24 at 10:26 AM.