Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogarr View Post

Guessing that most of you haven't seen this. Regardless of what you say this is undeniable proof that he's a decent human being and has done more for another human being than most of you can say.
    Wow, what a saint he is...Why should i care about people in wheelchairs or poor people on the street ?

Because people like you keep making topics to complain about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is he a superstar you ask? Because he got rank 1 in every battlegroup, and because he's using his youtube fame to both help out other gamers and youtubers, and to raise money for charity, of which he's raised over half a million dollars.

You say he's a joke, that he's a troll, that he's so infamous? Why? Because you're butthurt that he has more fun playing the game than you? Or because you think you're so much better than him, but you're too lazy to do anything good with your skills? When you're earning 40,000+ a year without working a job, solely from your Youtube videos and your fame, then you can say he's a joke. 'Till then, 'tis YOU that is the joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Why is he a superstar you ask? Because he got rank 1 in every battlegroup, and because he's using his youtube fame to both help out other gamers and youtubers, and to raise money for charity, of which he's raised over half a million dollars.

You say he's a joke, that he's a troll, that he's so infamous? Why? Because you're butthurt that he has more fun playing the game than you? Or because you think you're so much better than him, but you're too lazy to do anything good with your skills? When you're earning 40,000+ a year without working a job, solely from your Youtube videos and your fame, then you can say he's a joke. 'Till then, 'tis YOU that is the joke.
    Stop playing the ''You're just jealous'' card. So by your logic no one is allowed to have a negative opinion ? If you say something negative about someone that means you're just jealous, right ?

Deleted

Looks like you're considerably more "butthurt" than the OP is to me. Over someone you probably don't even know? I don't know much about Athene but between him you and the OP, if anyone is a joke it's you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Wow, what a saint he is...Why should i care about people in wheelchairs or poor people on the street ?
    Because you're a human being. I'm a cynic and even I know a good cause when I see one.

The whole charity thing is new, he just recently started doing that, after like five years of just being annoying and buying Gladiator

I do agree that he's a pretty cool guy though, to use his internet popularity to help out the less fortunate.
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    its not about most skilled but he is funny at times and does alot of things for charity with his streams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Because you're a human being. I'm a cynic and even I know a good cause when I see one.
    Just because im a human doesn't mean i have to be sympathetic for the less fortunate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    The whole charity thing is new, he just recently started doing that, after like five years of just being annoying and buying Gladiator

I do agree that he's a pretty cool guy though, to use his internet popularity to help out the less fortunate.
    I also believe he just recently started doing the charity thing because his "troll popularity" was waning because you couldn't tell the trolling from the non-trolling. It was irony for irony's sake and nothing more. He needed to re-up his Kardashian factor.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Cute, Do you know why hes so popular? Because at times hes funny and the reactions of people like you that get a reaction over it

Hes not amazing
    Hes average AT the very most
    He is funny at times well to me mind you.

He says hes the best player in the world / Paladin in the world because It's a slogan It's how it works in reality no hes not the best, It's just the way how his entertainment works.

In short Athene is just entertainment and nothing more. I like the guy and I've been a fan of him for awhile and it really is funny seeing people mad / Reactions to his videos. I mean really he doesn't even really act like all egoistic like that normally; He just does it to make people laugh

That's it
    This. And this thread is evidence that his act is working.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Just because im a human doesn't mean i have to be sympathetic for the less fortunate people.
    You don't have to to be human. It would just make you a decent human.

Deleted
    Overrated much

There is something wrong with you though, just saying.

Athene is a cool guy. He jokes around a lot, but he's serious about things too. He's both popular and infamous in ways.

You can discredit him all you want, but what does that make you?

Said like a true sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    First guy to level 80 via exploit and banned for it.
    First guy to level 85 via having 20-30 people helping him grind the endless spawning nagas
    Probably first guy to level 90 via cheap method X Y or Z

Why do people consider this guy so amazing? I was watching the Vodka vs Method DS competition, and he was so annoying. He knew literally NOTHING about the DS bosses and very little knowledge on all class abilities in general, always interrupting Kina when he was actually explaining something important.

Someone please just explain it to me...
    he's a pvp'er for one. so that would explain his little to no knowledge of DS.

he held top world rankings on 2v2, 3v3, & 5v5 all at one point or another.

aside from that, he's got a lot of...personality, lol and he's funny to watch.

and, its just a character, which is what makes it funny if you understand that.

hope that helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    There is something wrong with you though, just saying.
    Athene is a cool guy. He jokes around a lot, but he's serious about things too. He's both popular and infamous in ways.
    You can discredit him all you want, but what does that make you?
    I never insulted the guy. Why should i care if he helped some random girl in a wheelchair ? Do you think anyone would care if i lost an arm or a leg ? No, they wouldn't care, so why should I care about others ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Because he gets people who don't get the joke riled up.
    also, this ^

pretty much explains athene in a nutshell, lol

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 11:21 AM ----------

I never insulted the guy. Why should i care if he helped some random girl in a wheelchair ? Do you think anyone would care if i lost an arm or a leg ? No, they wouldn't care, so why should I care about others ?
    ....I think someone needs a hug

/hug

there, there, its gonna be alright

He's not funny. You are, for getting angry at him trying to be.

I dont like athene myself but it's not something to get worked up over, some people buy into the persona he puts out there for the public eye, they find it entertaining.